Login

russian armor

win-lose-ratio from 15.9. - 25.9.2014 + much more

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
28 Sep 2014, 12:13 PM

These stats and pictures are not mine, they are created by a guy called "Legends" on the official forums. He have a program collecting information from the top 200 players in all game modes and all factions.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/106966-win-lose-ratio-from-15-9-25-9-2014-much-more

He have collected data previous of these days as well, here are the links:

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/84723-win-lose-ratio-from-24-7-5-8-2014

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/97486-win-lose-ratio-from-27-8-7-9-2014

Here is where you can find all the information: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cLUwwk5-l_rM9_qwQGBykOAd7960Bw2TrpnINSvRW-A/edit#gid=0

Team games represent 77.6% of all games played and OKW and Ostheer is heavily favored in 2vs2 and up. USF is suffering on all fronts.

Thoughts?

I told it !!!!
Relic !!!!!
I told it since the Game is out, AXIS are op!!!!
Relic!!!!
28 Sep 2014, 12:18 PM

I would, that is why I play mostly allies.

When I play OKW I just spam volks, throw 10 ammo mini nuke grenades everywhere, spam panzerschreks for AT, get a single Ubersoldaten squad that easily racks up 60+ kills every game and get some panthers or a KT to finish of my opponent.

Teching costs are absolutely nothing with OKW and their volks are incredibly cheap to reinforce in the lategame considering their effectiveness as both AT platforms and mini-nuke lobbing AI platforms. That is, if it ever gets to that and the game does not end with kubel/pio/truck cut-off push shenanigans.

If you want a challenge, play Soviets while using doctrines without call-in tanks. See how your first T34/76 gets insta-countered by 3 panzerschreks and how your basic infantry gets shredded by übersoldaten.

and if that doesnt work, bring in mg34s that insta suppresses on the 1st burst, gives no room for error. need to hold ground? just tech up and get a building that gives huge aoe infantry denial, difficult to dislodge, durable as hell.
28 Sep 2014, 12:21 PM

For the love of god, don't quote the starting post... :facepalm:

These stats do not show directly that Axis would be OP, but it can give you a hint that something is seriously broken in this game due to the Axis dominance.
28 Sep 2014, 12:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If you see the amount of games played in 4v4 you see the axis side has much more games played. So that means they generally play people allies outside the top200 making the winrate shift even more into the axis favour.
Ideally it should only count games played between top200 players but this is up to Relic to make that information public.

Good information and shows a shocking story though.
28 Sep 2014, 12:36 PM

For the love of god, don't quote the starting post... :facepalm:

These stats do not show directly that Axis would be OP, but it can give you a hint that something is seriously broken in this game due to the Axis dominance.

OKW is only faction that is fun and interesting to play because u have some choice on how to play. Not much, but still more choice than with Soviet, USF and Ostheer.
This game wont have future like vCoh. Because they need to milk it more, easier to sell DLC if they have something new when the factions are dull.
Still remember when @THQLynx said that this game wont be pay2win, that they offer only skins for DLC, But alot of OP and broken stuff come from DLC-s just to sell them better, and after cca- a month or two to nerf it. Game is broken, unbalanced, boring to play. And pretty much they lied to us. GG Sega, this is second RTS that u ruined... (rome2)
28 Sep 2014, 13:20 PM

If you see the amount of games played in 4v4 you see the axis side has much more games played. So that means they generally play people allies outside the top200 making the winrate shift even more into the axis favour.
Ideally it should only count games played between top200 players but this is up to Relic to make that information public.

Good information and shows a shocking story though.

Just look at the win ratio for the top 200 allies and you have your answer right there. Logically they should play against some people outside the top 200 too which is even more alarming when you can see that they struggle to win more than half of the games they play. Does that make any sense to you?

OKW is only faction that is fun and interesting to play because u have some choice on how to play. Not much, but still more choice than with Soviet, USF and Ostheer.
This game wont have future like vCoh. Because they need to milk it more, easier to sell DLC if they have something new when the factions are dull.
Still remember when @THQLynx said that this game wont be pay2win, that they offer only skins for DLC, But alot of OP and broken stuff come from DLC-s just to sell them better, and after cca- a month or two to nerf it. Game is broken, unbalanced, boring to play. And pretty much they lied to us. GG Sega, this is second RTS that u ruined... (rome2)

I would still say that OKW (and Ost to some extent) is not just stronger, they are also easier to play and more straight forward. You have a lot of options as Soviet, even less with USF though.
28 Sep 2014, 13:26 PM

Someone should calculate whether those average winrates between the factions are statistically significant or not. For example between the USF and OKW.

I think the top 200 players will get to stomp over so many weaker players even as USF so the results tell nothing about the true balance really. Only matches between evenly skilled players and the winrates of those between factions would tell something about balance.
28 Sep 2014, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 13:26 PMTNrg
Someone should calculate whether those average winrates between the factions are statistically significant or not. For example between the USF and OKW.

I think the top 200 players will get to stomp over so many weaker players even as USF so the results tell nothing about the true balance really. Only matches between evenly skilled players and the winrates of those between factions would tell something about balance.

Yet looking at the top 200 allied players in bigger games, shows that is not the case.

It doesn't matter anyway. It's all semantics. Relic has all the information, and more besides. Are they doing anything? Are they even acknowledging there is a problem?

Nope. Nope.
28 Sep 2014, 13:49 PM

Yet looking at the top 200 allied players in bigger games, shows that is not the case.

It doesn't matter anyway. It's all semantics. Relic has all the information, and more besides. Are they doing anything? Are they even acknowledging there is a problem?

Nope. Nope.

Well, 95% of players(yay random number!) play axis, so 95% of customers are happy with the balance, but these overpowered allies could have some more nerfs!

Problem?

What problem? :snfPeter:
28 Sep 2014, 13:52 PM

I would still say that OKW (and Ost to some extent) is not just stronger, they are also easier to play and more straight forward. You have a lot of options as Soviet, even less with USF though.

Still, dull tactics from those 3 faction.. For soviet all options are going cheese tactics, boring and annoying to play with and against to. Then callins or lose. USF lacks something for late game, and Ostheer is spam grens, paks and wait till tiger.
Very very dull gameplay. And i feel that only OKW has more options to play the game, because they are OP? Maybe, nerf it and we will get another faction that is boring to play. Still easier to nerf OKW than fix the other factions.
28 Sep 2014, 13:58 PM

Still, dull tactics from those 3 faction.. For soviet all options are going cheese tactics, boring and annoying to play with and against to. Then callins or lose. USF lacks something for late game, and Ostheer is spam grens, paks and wait till tiger.
Very very dull gameplay. And i feel that only OKW has more options to play the game, because they are OP? Maybe, nerf it and we will get another faction that is boring to play. Still easier to nerf OKW than fix the other factions.

You should try playing some USF and/or Soviet and you will feel how satisfying it is to win against OKW. When I play OKW it's just another game.
28 Sep 2014, 14:00 PM

You should try playing some USF and/or Soviet and you will feel how satisfying it is to win against OKW. When I play OKW it's just another game.

THIS. Just watch this replay and start fapping with satisfaction. Finally an abuser who gets what he deserves.

This game.... btw Küble + Sturmpionier to cutoff still works
28 Sep 2014, 14:02 PM

Probably I am not seeing something, but how can every faction have a win ratio of above 0.5? The sum of the ratios should balance out, shouldn't it?
28 Sep 2014, 14:06 PM

It's based on the win ratios of the top 200 players in each faction.

If you were able to look at the global stats, I'm going to make an assumption that it would tell an even more horrifying story of 'balance'.
28 Sep 2014, 14:06 PM

There are options with every single faction in this game. Soviets have alot of interesting doctrines, and most of them are also viable. Guess what, i even won with a Script / Penal combo against OKW! OMG.
All you people are talking about soviet cheese strats.. but what exactly do you mean by it? Soviets are designed that way, to decide for one tier and use it along with Scripts. Its 2 or 3 maxims are cheese? No. Its a perfectly legitimate strat. You feel like going script spam? Go for it. I had alot of success with it.

Ostheer has many more options now, T3 and T4 is now viable. You can have way more diverse and flexible armies when youre not waiting for Tigers.

US is kinda... dunno. They only can get Rifles at the start but can do what they want later on because every single stock unit is viable. Lategame is very micro intensive and unforgiving tho.

And OKW, atleast in a 1v1 scenario, is kinda frustrating to play. Yes you have options, but a fuel and munitions limitation is not fun gameplay to me. Its different in teamgames.
28 Sep 2014, 14:07 PM

Probably I am not seeing something, but how can every faction have a win ratio of above 0.5? The sum of the ratios should balance out, shouldn't it?

Because this is top-200 only, they're getting their wins off lower ranks, especially axis in teamgames where the gap between games played is absolutely huge between axis top-200 and allies top-200.
28 Sep 2014, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 14:07 PMCruzz

Because this is top-200 only, they're getting their wins off lower ranks, especially axis in teamgames where the gap between games played is absolutely huge between axis top-200 and allies top-200.

But this is a fallacy no? I'm sure I've read it so many times about the waiting cue... about how it's not an indicator of how strong the axis factions are etc etc etc.

Where are you guys who said it?
28 Sep 2014, 14:18 PM

But this is a fallacy no? I'm sure I've read it so many times about the waiting cue... about how it's not an indicator of how strong the axis factions are etc etc etc.

Where are you guys who said it?

If we leave faction balance aside we can draw the conclusion of the waiting times with these graphs. The amount of games played between Axis and Allies are stunning. Guess why you have to wait five minutes on average to get a 4vs4 game going as Axis while you get a game instantly when you search as Allies.
28 Sep 2014, 14:25 PM

Dont nerf OKW too hard
Just BUFF USF more.
28 Sep 2014, 14:27 PM

@ludd3emm: It goes further than that though man. If you're waiting for a long time, you get matched up with anybody. So top 200 OKW players for example, are going to be waiting a long time, hence they play noobs or players that aren't so good, who are already disadvantaged by playing allies.

I'm going to say it. This game is boned. It's only a matter of time before 'daed gayme' starts rearing its head across the fora again.
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS