Login

russian armor

Stole a Kubelwagon

27 Sep 2014, 17:57 PM

First time i have got my hands on a kubelwagon. Enemy abandoned it, I hopped in. Things are amazing.

* Blob coming from left: rapid rotated pined everything.
* Blob coming from right now as well: Reversed at 100mph 2 inches down the road, rotated, set up again, pinned everything
* Saw a rakenwerfer setting up at maximum sight range - i had reversed before it got a shot off. Reversed slightly to the side of a building and set up again covering the road

It has enough HP so that you can take a hit or six and reverse back for repps. Blobs that were walking through the maxims laughing hit the deck when they came into the kuble MG. It stayed alive all game until getting hit by the other "dubious" OKW unit; got it in the face from a walking stukka.

Amazing unit.
27 Sep 2014, 18:01 PM

If it can't take a stuka to the face it needs a hp buff imo.
27 Sep 2014, 18:18 PM

Similar to the saying "Only a ninja can kill a ninja" only a Kübelwagen can kill another Kübelwagen. Or a Stuka.
27 Sep 2014, 18:27 PM

Silly Ginnungagap, Kubelwagens can't kill other Kubelwagens because they can't fire on the move. :P
27 Sep 2014, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 18:27 PMtengen
Silly Ginnungagap, Kubelwagens can't kill other Kubelwagens because they can't fire on the move. :P

They said the same about ninjas and they were DEAD WRONG.
27 Sep 2014, 18:53 PM
Donator 11

27 Sep 2014, 19:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Counter to Kubels = P47 Rocket Strafe
28 Sep 2014, 05:14 AM

Wait till the OKW player calls the Kuba-OP when your using it.
28 Sep 2014, 05:18 AM

I would love to watch a replay of this, if you have one. That sounds hilarious.
28 Sep 2014, 11:27 AM

First time i have got my hands on a kubelwagon. Enemy abandoned it, I hopped in. Things are amazing.

* Blob coming from left: rapid rotated pined everything.
* Blob coming from right now as well: Reversed at 100mph 2 inches down the road, rotated, set up again, pinned everything
* Saw a rakenwerfer setting up at maximum sight range - i had reversed before it got a shot off. Reversed slightly to the side of a building and set up again covering the road

It has enough HP so that you can take a hit or six and reverse back for repps. Blobs that were walking through the maxims laughing hit the deck when they came into the kuble MG. It stayed alive all game until getting hit by the other "dubious" OKW unit; got it in the face from a walking stukka.

Amazing unit.

So you never played OKW before? That's to bad. Play them if you have WFA, and you'll see why kubel is the way it is and you will met people who will crush your "OP kubel startgame". Why? Because they were working to find solutions instead losing time on forums.
28 Sep 2014, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 11:27 AMJohnnyB

So you never played OKW before? That's to bad. Play them if you have WFA, and you'll see why kubel is the way it is and you will met people who will crush your "OP kubel startgame". Why? Because they were working to find solutions instead losing time on forums.

Who are these legendary people who have found ways to counter kubel with USF?

Because its most certainly not our current top players, so, is there a divine being above them that can counter kubel with USF?

Feel free to point out names and reps, because its extremely easy to find top players opinions that kubel is OP and the recent changes did nothing to the core problem.

I've yet to see a single non OKW exclusively player say that kubel is fine.
28 Sep 2014, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 11:27 AMJohnnyB

Why do people even bother defending the Kubel in its current state? Even with the changes to its on the move ability it is still over-performing immensely.
28 Sep 2014, 13:44 PM

I didn't actualy say that current kubel it's ok. In my view, they didn't modify it how they should. And I didn't say that people that showed me an efficient kubel counterplay AFTER latest patch were playing USF.
28 Sep 2014, 14:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 11:34 AMKatitof

Who are these legendary people who have found ways to counter kubel with USF?

Because its most certainly not our current top players, so, is there a divine being above them

Complexity is ....divine? ;)

Go to the vid entitled "Only slightly more of an e-sport than mario party" then fast forward to 2:06:07 (for less than 3 minutes) (and note that Complexity is multitasking). Start in a building and choose your moment, then intensive micro. Not that different to running round an MG or ATG. Just be aggressive ( and clever)

EDIT: timing corrected :(
28 Sep 2014, 14:34 PM

Complexity is ....divine? ;)

Go to the vid entitled "Only slightly more of an e-sport than mario party" then fast forward to 2:26:07 (for less than 3 minutes) (and note that Complexity is multitasking). Start in a building and choose your moment, then intensive micro. Not that different to running round an MG or ATG. Just be aggressive ( and clever)

Um... When you say 2:26:07 in the broadcast. I see a game against Ostheer.
28 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Um... When you say 2:26:07 in the broadcast. I see a game against Ostheer.

:blush: My sincere apologies

2:06 ---->

Thank you for pointing out my gross error. My sincere apologies. (I will correct the errant post now)
29 Sep 2014, 07:45 AM
Patrion 15

That was a very poorly used Kubel in that situation and the Capture Point had a house just nearby. Most of the time you don't have that situation I don't think it would serve as an example of how to deal with the common 2 Kubelwagon opening that you just can't counter in some maps.

Of course it was well played by him in the Stream but it doesn't mean you can always fight back kubels.

29 Sep 2014, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

@MajorBloodnok poor use of truck and kubel. Probably playing against an inferior opponent also.
Did he played well, yes. Did his opponent, nope.
29 Sep 2014, 12:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ willyto and elchino

I was responding to katitof's observation, which seemed to me a little over the top

Offtopic: no more separate threads on Kubelwagens, thanks - I have counted 5 threads in the last 10 pages, and that is without replays, or oblique references to the the Kubelwagen. It beats me how you all manage to find something different to say about the blessed vehicle.

I suppose I could let through "How to change the tyre on a Kubelwagen" or "Basic maintenance on a Kubelwagen" , but that's about all.

(Edited for spelling :blush: )

Back to topic....
29 Sep 2014, 13:03 PM

@MajorBloodnok poor use of truck and kubel. Probably playing against an inferior opponent also.
Did he played well, yes. Did his opponent, nope.

That is a totally invalid defense of the "kubel is OP" argument.

Everyone knows that if you can show that the Kubel was at any time countered in some way that it proves the unit is not OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak