Login

russian armor

Is it worth it to play as USF?

23 Sep 2014, 18:59 PM

I find the USF much more fun then either:

A.) Spam Snipers

or

B.) Spam Maxims

But I find no faction to be as fun as OKW due to no units sucking allowing me to play around and find a style I like to play to match the mood I am in.

I like their lack of linear teching, and rewarding teching (officers that dont suck!). But even that isnt enough for them to win regularly. So if thats your thing stay away from them until the patch.
23 Sep 2014, 19:00 PM

Combined with Romeo's advice not to play USF pro tem, all this fills me with a certain dread.

Any Allied player like to disagree with what those above me have posted? ((politely, of course)

I don't think you'll find a single one.

Playing USF in 1v1, if you won't win by 10th minute, you will loose.
Playing USF 2v2, you're just dragging down soviet and being carried.
Playing double USF in 2v2 lol free win for whoever is the opponent.

The only reason to play USF is if you want to play with stock infantry that actually can fight and don't want to play axis.
23 Sep 2014, 19:26 PM

It's a pretty conservative conclusion to say that USF are boring, and very hard to play. Wait till the patch were they try and balance their game play before trying to play them.
23 Sep 2014, 23:03 PM

Is USF really a drag for a soviet ally?

To me it feels like riflemen are a great front line complement to snipers, and Jacksons ameliorate the soviet lack of hard hitting AT weapons. M1919s and zooks provide two things the soviet lack - cost effective LMG infantry and AT infantry.

Also, against OH openings with lots of MG42s, smoke nades are the great, especially when you get them in the phase when OH still needs to rely on MG42s.

Am I right, or am I just using a bad setup against players who aren't very good, and then finding the setup to be okay? :foreveralone:

23 Sep 2014, 23:46 PM

In conclusion, do we need more threads like this? -_-

A Guy which only has 4 Games on Ally Side cant have any idea of this Faction.
24 Sep 2014, 00:16 AM

If you enjoy playing USF play USF.

It is certainly frustrating some times though.
24 Sep 2014, 00:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

L2P

S2P Allies

USF drags a soviet player if there is double OKW till he can get a M20 and micro it to kill kubels/harass. On the end game, USF has to have finess to play with it.
24 Sep 2014, 01:43 AM
Patrion 15

I only play as USF since I got the DLC because for me they're more fun but since the last patch playing versus OKW is not fun, it's just horrible to play 1v1 because you always play versus the same strat: Double Kublewagon

First time using OKW in 1v1 and I already manage to make the kubelwagon couple work without problems. It's obvious my enemy over extended with the M20 but that wouldn't happen if those were bunkers instead of FLAK and he could have killed my Kubelwagon and the other one too. That's unfair after all.

I'm just an average player and don't know how to use OKW so imagine what can good players do with OKW as their main faction.
24 Sep 2014, 05:15 AM

A Guy which only has 4 Games on Ally Side cant have any idea of this Faction.

...sure, whatever you say :snfPeter:
24 Sep 2014, 09:15 AM

Yes it's worth playing, but you need to veto cretin maps and be prepared to lose allot. I started playing WFA right around the time the Sep patch came out and I have almost 50% win ratio with USF and 90% win ratio with OKW.
24 Sep 2014, 10:00 AM

There is something wrong with USF since last patch/patches.
Since release I was top 100 (highest 27) 4v4 random mode. Even if I got very poor teammate I carried him well enough to make him able to call in (soviets) ISU or IS and I was about 30W/9L.
Right now it's complety different game (57W/57L) and it's not because of my teamgames skill or teammates but because of patches.

Aside from the fact how weak USF are, there is no fun. I mean what reasons you have to play as them?
Cool elit inf? Check.
Big and heavy tank? Check.
Some other way to start besides Rifle, Rifle Rifle...? Check.
Any powerful arty that can punish your enemy for blobbing? Check.

No fun at all.
The only one unit which makes me smile is Jackson.
I know it needs a lot of great micro etc but, maybe it's not fun but satisfaction, when your 2 Jackson are hunting around the whole map and kill something heavy.

Also AA Halftruck is nice but for me far away from OKW one.
24 Sep 2014, 10:50 AM

I usually only play 4v4, im really noob at this game. But i played all of the faction, mostly USF and OKW. I think the old kubelwagen was good with the sturmpios. Now we should call terrorwagen, the buff i think was absolutely unnecessary. I think OKW have the upperhand even in early game, with equal skill OKW player smash riflemans, hard to flank and get in range. The jeep was really good (actually was too good to punish kubel at 0 CP), now nerfed to borderline useless.
Now i just dont want to play USF against terrorwagens and supertanks.
I think this patch have good adjustments, but have really WTF change like kubel and t34. But i am not a good player, just want to hear better players opinion about this change.

So my question is who think and why think that change was necessary ?
In 1v1 OKW had really bad early game against USF before patch (without Jeep) ?
How possible to win with USF against OKW if in both early and late game OKW have the advantage ?
25 Sep 2014, 15:24 PM

Here's to praying the patch today will make this game I've spent about 100 dollars on playable
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★