Login

russian armor

Time to shake it up relic!

18 Sep 2014, 23:42 PM

I agree the percentages can be depressing to look at but overall they are not indicative of the state of the game. ultimately the game has its flaws but in the end even wit the changes I spoke would it get better ??? I hope so ..... but I have never designed a game and never will. I just hope that one dude/woman relic understands what were saying and take a chance to correct flaws that are upsetting a core group of the players competitive or not. Also I believe my idea would help with faster balancing.

Just my thoughts.
19 Sep 2014, 14:27 PM

Heavily lopsided percentages has a very technical implication for balance:

It means that, for team games at least, the faction with the larger pool of players will, from a technical standpoint, have the better optimized team. The players with the best connections and locales will be sorted. The faction with hardly any players will have to take whatever they can get as they connect. It doesn't matter if they're located in Croatia or Texas, or if they're new or veteran, highly or poorly ranked: they're going to be the last member of the team because the priority is getting the game going.

Imbalanced faction percentages denies automatch from being able to correctly sort people out into appropriate matches based on connection, location, and skill.

That's going to hurt the game no matter how you look at it.
19 Sep 2014, 14:57 PM

Bringing up percentages does NOT support your argument that Axis are OP. Bringing it up is just argument from ignorance. If you want to bring up why Axis are OP and Allies are UP talk about the units the game but NOT the auto match percentages. I am feel compelled to remove posts that just mentions automatch percentages.

Even though the percentage searching for axis games is indicative and symptomatic of the axis being op (especially in team games). You can dress it up anyway you like (people prefer the German units/the factions are more fun to play/etc), but it simply comes down to, that for the average joe (90% of the coh player base) the Axis provides a far easier way to win.

If you guys want a less convoluted discussion/argument, then I suggest that you open another forum for modes other than 1v1, as it stands, you have guys discussing from two or more very different viewpoints in every single topic, about 2 (or more) entirely different games. Those games being 1v1 and other modes.

You can talk about single units all day long, but it's not really going to effect the over all problem as I described above. A single unit being OP/UP is merely a symptom of the over arching OP'ness of the Axis factions or the difficulty of playing the Allied factions for the average joe.
19 Sep 2014, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 16:46 PMNapalm

That was my thread you earned your ban in. I honor you everyday to the RNG gods.

It seems to work. Everyone complains about PPSh Cons (inexplicably, there's so much crappier stuff to complain about), yet they're just as fun as ever for me.
19 Sep 2014, 16:09 PM

Even though the percentage searching for axis games is indicative and symptomatic of the axis being op (especially in team games). You can dress it up anyway you like (people prefer the German units/the factions are more fun to play/etc), but it simply comes down to, that for the average joe (90% of the coh player base) the Axis provides a far easier way to win.

Bringing up percentages is still irrelevant when talking about balance. It does not support your argument at all, because it says nothing about units, says nothing about strategy or design of factions, it's just pointing at numbers outside the game.

For example, If you are going to end your argument with "look at the percentage that proves it!" On a topic about whether or not Stuka rockets are overpowered then your argument is already invalid, because it has nothing to do with the rockets and it doesn't prove your point.

If you want to show that Axis are easier to play then say "It's easier to play because this..." instead of "nobody wants to play allies anymore, therefore axis is OP." That just doesn't make sense.

If you want to bring up percentages based from past experience, well from my past experienced when Katyushas and ISU152s were overperforming to a point to which it was very easy to win as allies a few patches ago. It was still easier to find a game as allies than it is axis because the percentages still is mostly Axis, so maybe the percentages doesn't mean that much when it comes to balance. Maybe the only way to make players percentages even up is to make Allies overpowered if you think balance is based on players percentage.
19 Sep 2014, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Bringing up percentages is still irrelevant when talking about balance. It does not support your argument at all, because it says nothing about units, says nothing about strategy or design of factions, it's just pointing at numbers outside the game.

For example, If you are going to end your argument with "look at the percentage that proves it!" On a topic about whether or not Stuka rockets are overpowered then your argument is already invalid, because it has nothing to do with the rockets and it doesn't prove your point.

If you want to show that Axis are easier to play then say "It's easier to play because this..." instead of "nobody wants to play allies anymore, therefore axis is OP." That just doesn't make sense.

If you want to bring up percentages based from past experience, well from my past experienced when Katyushas and ISU152s were overperforming to a point to which it was very easy to win as allies a few patches ago. It was still easier to find a game as allies than it is axis because the percentages still is mostly Axis, so maybe the percentages doesn't mean that much when it comes to balance. Maybe the only way to make players percentages even up is to make Allies overpowered if you think balance is based on players percentage.

It is relevant. th percentages are not situation. u can sit in a matchmaking lobby for 24 hours. and i grantee you allies in team games might hit 40% for 1 second.

The fact is people are avoiding allies. It might be that allies are hard to play. but you cant deny that playing axis is ez mode for most casual players.. honestly ive never play an RTS where it is as one sided as coh2
19 Sep 2014, 16:54 PM

Screw the % numbers, but why are the German factions better designed? Its much better to play Axis than Allies.
19 Sep 2014, 17:22 PM

It was still easier winning as axis in team games, in average joe world.
19 Sep 2014, 18:34 PM

Screw the % numbers, but why are the German factions better designed? Its much better to play Axis than Allies.

+1....they are just better
19 Sep 2014, 23:00 PM

I feel like this thread derailed, the Whole point of the thread was to brain storm and indirectly help relic fix these problems.Not to argue percentages and tell relic to just fix it with out presenting any ideas.

We are lucky that relic has stuck with this game cause from my standpoint it wouldn't be lucrative to stick with it. From what I expected seen the numbers are down again show no signs of increasing?????
20 Sep 2014, 11:09 AM

Regardless of W/L ratios and balance, I think that even the most german biased player agrees that soviet faction has a terrible design problem and USF lacks lategame power in teamgames.

Relic should throw themselves into that asap to make allied factions appealing. Ideas for that are plenty in all CoH2 forums.
20 Sep 2014, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2014, 11:09 AMGreeb
Regardless of W/L ratios and balance, I think that even the most german biased player agrees that soviet faction has a terrible design problem and USF lacks lategame power in teamgames.

As a biased german player I can agree, everyone can on that. I hope relic fixes it because it will lead to more fun games regardless of balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United States 2
United Kingdom 143
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %