Login

russian armor

Some words about the hate against Relic

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
17 Sep 2014, 18:21 PM

Wow, I seriously hope you are trolling or being sarcastic.
Bringing a non-balanced game to the competitive scene is unrealistic.

I can't say what will happen with Relic's attempts at entering the competitive scene. But there are tournaments now ( I don't need to tell you that I guess), and a ladder. Therefore there is some level of competition even in this state. So really it's just a matter of the player's perspective of "what is balanced enough" to get them to stick around.

That being said. I don't ever expect this game to be statistically balanced on all maps for every possible commander choice. Do you honestly?

The population is going down as we speak, I don't have the table with me but VonIvan posted it somewhere.

Rethink your answer.

The population for the vast majority of games out there follows a decaying exponential curve broken up by peaks of activity with the release of new content, sales and school vacations.

Here's the steam chart for CoH2: http://www.steamcharts.com/app/231430

The exceptions to the rule are the likes of TF2, Dota2 and CS:GO.

The only realistic goal for Relic is to make that decaying curve as flat as possible while introducing meaningful content in order to bring in new players.
17 Sep 2014, 18:23 PM

The only realistic goal for Relic is to make that decaying curve as flat as possible while introducing meaningful content in order to bring in new players.

Its not just about bringing in new players, it about retaining them to. The new player experience is sorely lacking at the moment. Could you picture being new to the title and hoping into a multiplayer game and teamed against bC? Three kubals and a truck push later I'd not be trying multiplayer again.
17 Sep 2014, 18:24 PM

Esports really does not care about balance. All that esports care is the game being fun to watch. And bugs do not make the game fun to watch. Of course good balance means long, good games and bad balance means games tend to end very quickly. So question is, can relic iron out the bugs so the game is fun to watch?
17 Sep 2014, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 18:23 PMNapalm

Its not just about bringing in new players, it about retaining them to. The new player experience is sorely lacking at the moment.

Yes, retaining players is what I meant by the flattening of the decaying curve.
The good news is that WFA had the effect of reducing the decay rate.
17 Sep 2014, 18:35 PM
Donator 22

I hope we all can live in peace and fight our wars on the CoH battlefields.
Best regards.

thank you for posting this.
I guess reading stuff like your post is really a good Thing for all Relics from time to time.

+1
17 Sep 2014, 18:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 18:23 PMNapalm

Its not just about bringing in new players, it about retaining them to. The new player experience is sorely lacking at the moment. Could you picture being new to the title and hoping into a multiplayer game and teamed against bC? Three kubals and a truck push later I'd not be trying multiplayer again.

The June 2013 stat (for me) is key.
17 Sep 2014, 19:01 PM

The stat of WFA launch to now is important for me. 6,500 player churn rate. That represents a fair chunk of the player base.
17 Sep 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 18:18 PMAvNY

you seriously want to compare the Katyn massacre to what the Nazis perpetrated? Was it a war crime? Absolutely. Differing accounts put the dead at 8,000 to 22,000. Do I wish it wasn't done? I would much rather have had a freer Poland than one under the communist regime (and I am not a huge fan of the Poles).

The Katyn massacre is actually small in the panoply of crimes committed by the Soviet Union like Stalin's purges and the famine in the Ukraine.

Want a list of Shtetls with populations of 8,000 or greater that were wiped out? It probably goes into 3 figures. Whole villages with families from the grandparents to the last child and zero survivors. Poland had 3 million Jews when the war started, about 10% of its population, and completely wiped out. The rest of the Poles suffered at the hands of the Nazis as well and I am sure to the tune of many many more than 22,000. The Russians ended that death toll and that inhumane occupation and extermination. After that your average citizen had a chance to survive if they repeated the right dogma to the right people. They would no longer be hunted down like vermin just because of their genetics.

Meet and talk to the number of survivors I have and you might change your tune. The inhumane depravity of the Nazis had was taken to a level never before seen in modern times.

Let me get this right, and i am not saying you are wrong or want to insult you.

First you state a lot of inhuman stuff that was done by the soviet union, but then you blame the nazis in the end? How does that work?
Both sides were incredibly inhumane, and the war brought the worst out of all people, but both sides did it! And even though the nazis did it systematically, the soviets were also anti-semits ( right pronounciation?) and hated the jews probably just as much as the germans!
Whatever happened, whatever the game shows, should NOT be taken as seriously nowadays and it shouödnt stop you from playing some fun factions :)
17 Sep 2014, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 17:24 PMRomeo
While I agree with the OP 100%, I don't understand why this thread was created. It will clearly only make things worse. There's nothing anyone can say or do to stop people from hating on the devs. That's true of absolutely any game of any quality.

Maybe some people start to think if their hate is justified. Even if only one person stops to hate I think this thread is a success.
In addition I think Relic could need some nice words from time to time. I did not lie about any balancing issues or communication problems, I just wanted to show the people that the devs are also only humans. It didn't cost me anything but maybe I can make someones day.
17 Sep 2014, 20:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Perhaps we should start a thread in the scrapyard about Relic haters? (jk)

Enough.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight