Login

russian armor

How to: leveling and battle honor

14 Apr 2013, 14:43 PM
Donator 11

Hei,

are you annoyed by the leveling system and want to test all commanders and bulletins asap without playing before? there is an easy way to do this, you just need a savegame of a skirmish, where you earned many xp (best is 20000xp, milliseconds before you won or lost, and a programm called Autohotkey.
Note: the savegame must be the last one played and the game must end within the second after loading!!

Download the programm and make a new script containing this:

Sleep,10000
Loop,100
{
MouseMove,965,884
Click 965,884
Sleep,2000
MouseMove,867,753
Click 867,753
Sleep,45000
MouseMove,931,1016
Click 931,1016
Sleep,5000
Send {Esc}
Sleep,2000
MouseMove,883,993
Click 883,993
Sleep,15000
MouseMove,288,1024
Click 288,1024
Sleep,2000
}

Note:
This script is for 1920*1080 and my computer, you might have to change the waiting times or the click-points

Start the game, go into online .Then start the script by doubleclicking on it and alt-tab back to coh2. DON'T MAXIMIZE THE GAME.
the script will basically load the last played game, wait 8 seconds and then "kill" the victory or defeat-video, then go back to lobby and load the game again, over and over again (100 times). With this method, you will get to max. level 40 within half an hour doing nothing.
Hope i could help you get rid of the annoying leveling :)
14 Apr 2013, 14:48 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nice hack. Have you informed Relic about this? Would be good feedback for them.
14 Apr 2013, 14:52 PM
Donator 11

i actually think, that this one isnt a hack :)
relic wants you to level with skirmishes, because otherwise the compstompers world be kinda angry
and the "load and load again" is just normal game mechanics
you could stop that by not giving xp for games you loaded, but that would make compstompers angry, too :D
14 Apr 2013, 14:54 PM

they should input some id for every skirmish, so one win is not counted twice. or more simply: there should be no exp for skirmish matches!

edit: i can confirm that the reloading of soon-to-be-won skirmishes gives you exp. if this script clicks where and when it needs to be, this should be working ><

relic needs to fix this a s a p!
14 Apr 2013, 15:16 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I hope Relic doesn't fix this. There's no reason to lock this stuff away and force us to grind for it. CoH 2 is an RTS, not an MMO, and the challenge should come from using better tactics than your opponent, not from having a better doctrine unlocked.
14 Apr 2013, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

yeah, that was my opinion too
14 Apr 2013, 16:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think they shouldn't allow this obviously its cheating the system which the goal to create was to grind. i know some people don't like it but allowing someone to cheat the system means that all the effort towards the progression system will mean nothing. (for the devs and players.)

also none of the doctrines ive seen so far are OP for say most of the units you get come from your buildings the doctrines are a very minor thing comparatively.
14 Apr 2013, 16:26 PM

this is as far from a hack as it can be. all the script does is click the buttons for you... if clicking buttons is hacking, then i dont want to play that game.
14 Apr 2013, 16:40 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2013, 16:20 PMWiFiDi
i think they shouldn't allow this obviously its cheating the system which the goal to create was to grind. i know some people don't like it but allowing someone to cheat the system means that all the effort towards the progression system will mean nothing. (for the devs and players.)

also none of the doctrines ive seen so far are OP for say most of the units you get come from your buildings the doctrines are a very minor thing comparatively.

If nothing is OP then why is there a problem with people unlocking everything? What reason is there to make the system one that can't be avoided?
16 Apr 2013, 05:43 AM

If nothing is OP then why is there a problem with people unlocking everything? What reason is there to make the system one that can't be avoided?

I agree with your stance: I hate the leveling system. Its trying to imitate CoD's success. However, what's done is done and we have to bear with it.

Solution? Remove leveling from loaded skirmish games. If it was up to me, I'd remove the ranking system from skirmishes altogether. Skirmishers like casual stuff, not grinding. They want the big bombs, the big hitters, right off the bat.

16 Apr 2013, 06:51 AM

Leveling up and unlocking stuff is what the casual players want. It simulates accomplishment, though it is only time invested (which is the resource the companies want [especially F2P games]. The more time you spent with the game the more you get involved in the brand).

Eventually everyone will get to max level. For some the learning curve (introducing new stuff further down the road) is interesting, for others who want to use every tool in their box it is quite frustrating (like not being able to use the rooks in a chess game).

Instead of giving no XP for skirmishes they should give more XP for ranked games. To encourage competitive play and let the "pros" level up faster.

But yes, getting XP for the same game over and over seems like an oversight…
16 Apr 2013, 09:24 AM

A simple fix suggested for problems with leveling:

1. Save (steam) server timestamp of each game once it opens

2. Only count the highest experience amount per single timestamp. So if you load a game to do better you still get the higher amount but not double and exploit is not possible anymore.

3. Double (or +50%) the amount of experience from public/multiplayer to make it a valid alternative for leveling vs. private skirmish.
16 Apr 2013, 09:40 AM

Open savegame in hex editor (it's saved locally right?), change timestamp, get XP again.
16 Apr 2013, 10:41 AM

You could easily encrypt timestamp and other game settings to create a key that will be checked for validity. If it is changed and not valid no experience will be rewarded for this.

Of course that can be tricked/hacked easy just by mathematics cracking tools cracking the code with some example keys. You can not make it even 99,9% safe if you don't decide to do Battle.net like stuff.

But some simple mechanic would greatly reduce the number of ppl doing so. Even I was tempted and did like 8 loads from 16 to 19 without any scripts just because I wanted to try the lvl 19 commander. I usually don't do stuff like that and I probably wouldn't have done it if I had to mess with savegames or external tools. Not because I can't but this small barrier is enough then for me to keep true to my "cheating is bad" gamer ethics.
16 Apr 2013, 14:46 PM

how is that cheating? all you're doing is saving yourself some time...

actually, i'm glad this exists, so i won't have to grind through all the levels once i decide to "get serious" with this game and face oppponents that have way more options at their disposal then i have.
16 Apr 2013, 15:58 PM

It is a very mild way of cheating depending on your exact definition of cheating.

It is clearly the intention of a leveling system to slowly advance in levels until you reach maxlvl. If there is a way to skip that and be maxlvl instantly why waste the precious development time for creating the leveling system in the first place?

Repeatedly loading a game 100 times in a row to go MaxLvl beats the purpose of the leveling system and gives an unfair advantage over other players who start with lvl 1.
So the by expoiting a feature like "loading savegames" which is not intended to give you levels you cheat away the restrictions of being lowlevel.
Thats why in my definition it is cheating though a very mild form of that (which I did myself btw. as posted above).

I can understand why it is not cheating according to your definition and I am OK with that. I can also understand how you don't want to grind yourself through all those levels. But implementing a leveling system in the first place was a design decision by the game developers. Clearly they would state that leveling up to max level is a "fun ride" and not a "boring grind" :-)
If it is the first or the latter remains to be seen. I'm with you there that it might be a bit of a "boring grind" having to make X hundred fast matches against easy AI to get the best XP/hour rate. Thats why I suggested to double the XP of public/multiplayer games. That way it would at least be faster leveling playing against real peoples. Of course that does not solve your issues with it but as I said this is by design.
16 Apr 2013, 18:05 PM

It is clearly the intention of a leveling system to slowly advance in levels until you reach maxlvl. If there is a way to skip that and be maxlvl instantly why waste the precious development time for creating the leveling system in the first place?

well yeah... and here we have the problem already. either the intel bulletins/unlockable commanders are "cheating", since they give an unfair advantage (no matter whether you aquired them via "legit" grinding or by loading savegames), or nothing is imho. if i play as a lvl 1 vs. someone with all unlocks already... is my opponent cheating? no, he is only using legit means against me, even if it means his chances of winning the game might be higher. i don't think using a script to unlock the same options that he has at his disposal constitutes cheating. at least not moreso than introducing/using the unlockables in the first place.
16 Apr 2013, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2013, 18:05 PMcr4wler

well yeah... and here we have the problem already. either the intel bulletins/unlockable commanders are "cheating", since they give an unfair advantage (no matter whether you aquired them via "legit" grinding or by loading savegames), or nothing is imho. if i play as a lvl 1 vs. someone with all unlocks already... is my opponent cheating? no, he is only using legit means against me, even if it means his chances of winning the game might be higher. i don't think using a script to unlock the same options that he has at his disposal constitutes cheating. at least not moreso than introducing/using the unlockables in the first place.

The difference between cheating and an imbalance, is the fact that cheating is explicitly working your way around the rules of the game, and imbalance was not necessarily meant to be there (but can be).

You may not like Intel Bulletins, I know I don't, but they are meant to be in the game. An imbalance or flaw is not the same as cheating, even if the outcome is the same (an unfair advantage).

17 Apr 2013, 13:48 PM

As bulletins give you a major advantage, I say fuck the thread starter and all people using it. thread should be deleted days ago.

bulletins abuse=percentage hack
17 Apr 2013, 13:49 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You want us to hide possible exploits from Relic during a beta? I don't think so.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★