Login

russian armor

Satchel Charge

6 Sep 2014, 18:34 PM

I think the satchel is too weak now. Relic ninja nerfed its AoE too hard. Now its just like a normal nade. One squad barely moves an inch and only loses one model or none at all. I think it needs a buff. Anyone else agree?
I used to love it so much cause it was such a great anti blob satchel. But now he can just move away without taking much casualties.
6 Sep 2014, 18:43 PM

Permanently Banned
ehh.. Its meant for buildings and static structures. I thinks its fine if you use it for its "intended" role.
6 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM

ehh.. Its meant for buildings and static structures. I thinks its fine if you use it for its "intended" role.

i miss when the satchel could actually kill a blob.
6 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM

do you actually know of some ninja change? they nerfed its building damage bonus, besides that im not seeing any change in the files recently
6 Sep 2014, 18:49 PM

I saw in several times a satchel thrown at a squad and he barely moves it away and the satchel does nothing. If lucky you can get one model kill. Thrown at a blob, maybe can get a few model kills. Right now I'd prefer nades over the satchel unless I want to one shot buildings.
6 Sep 2014, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2014, 18:45 PMwooof
do you actually know of some ninja change? they nerfed its building damage bonus, besides that im not seeing any change in the files recently

All the recent AoE profile changes?
7 Sep 2014, 01:44 AM

the sachel used to have really nice aoe I remember to. I used to use it for blobs now theres no point to try. they did ninja nerf this a while ago I remember the patch they did it on I was like they changed something I didn't like it no more. I think they should put it back
7 Sep 2014, 02:48 AM

Yep the original satchel was the ultimate punishment for people not paying attention. It was a guaranteed whipe. But after the aoe changes it feels like a really big Rande. You need to get units dead center or it won't get any kills. Prior to the Aoe changes even the far edge was dead. I would like it if they buffed it back up.
7 Sep 2014, 03:05 AM

AoE got nerfed from like 10 - 5 or 6 from what I remember. Its laughable against infantry if the guy can react in a few seconds.
7 Sep 2014, 03:25 AM

well grenades are supposed to be for infantry.

satchel charge is more of a move against a bunker or at gun or something.
7 Sep 2014, 03:37 AM

I want the old satchel back. I always throw them at those blobs that A-move their way through my conscripts. One guy who lost 4 squads to a single satchel from me said this

"For 45 muni, that satchel is op as f***"
7 Sep 2014, 05:26 AM
Patrion 28

i never had issues with them hitting my infantry other than MGs and they still kill them fine.
7 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

I think its completely fine, the intended role is to kill static structures rather than mobile infantry. Penals already have flame-throwers for some anti-blob, and Conscripts/Guards/Shocks all have some form of grenade. Being able to move out of way of the Satchel is kind of the point - saying "I want this back because I could insta-gib 4 squads" just shows that it deserved the nerf IMO.

By the way, everyone should definitely try buttoning a vehicle with guards, and then satcheling it. Very satisfying.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★