Login

russian armor

Soviet Snipers Squad are not fun

3 Sep 2014, 14:06 PM
Patrion 14

Me too, +1 but only with addition, 180mp reinforce cost... Right now, the succes snipe on a SU team, earn only 90mp, this is simply not enough, for punishment Russian player.
Especially since, as someone so brilliantly put it, it costs 360 manpower to reinforce the German sniper (and you lose the veterancy as well).

Basically, as my quick math showed a couple of posts back, by Relic's own logic a 2-man Soviet Sniper squad should cost 480 manpower

This way its "natural" reinforce cost will be 120, which combined with the ridiculous up-front cost would be quite punishing enough.

I actually think this is a fair price for a 2-man sniper squad with Sprint and Flares, and would completely solve the problem of sniper spam, while not excluding the possibility of getting one if you really, really need one.
3 Sep 2014, 15:54 PM

I not want overnerf the RUS sniper, with a 480mp price, this unit not worth his price, imo fine the 360mp, but the rfc need toned up, and need make vulnerable for countersnipe too. Soviets player without Shock Troopers doctrine, need his sniper teams, because the basic conscript even with Ppsh upgrade, or Penal with flamer/guards with dp-s, is not enough handle the Axis super elite troops. The sniper is crucial for SU players, and this is good for me. The only problem now, after the early game, well used sniper can be spammed, without real risk, if you can cover them AT naded Conscript, Button capable guards, you can drain the all MP from Axis player, now the RUS sniper not a high risk/high reward glasscannon unit, but a med risk/very high reward simple cannon unit...
3 Sep 2014, 15:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have a good solution I think.
Make the spotter a real spotter, meaning when the sniper loses one unit, he becomes only a spotter with a rifle just like cons have.
It keeps his ability to launch flaires and spot, but cant snipe.
In that way, its not a 2 snipersquad but a squad of a sniper and a spotter. RNG decides which one dies.
If the spotter dies, the sniper has little LOS and is more vulnerable.

I've been saying the same thing since a lot of time. AND/OR give snipers an aura, wether they blob together they either receive increase receive accuracy or they lose their cammo (conservation of ninjutsu).

@drChengele, plz don't try to use logic.

3 Sep 2014, 18:01 PM

I have a good solution I think.
Make the spotter a real spotter, meaning when the sniper loses one unit, he becomes only a spotter with a rifle just like cons have.
It keeps his ability to launch flaires and spot, but cant snipe.
In that way, its not a 2 snipersquad but a squad of a sniper and a spotter. RNG decides which one dies.
If the spotter dies, the sniper has little LOS and is more vulnerable.

I thought something alike, but I think that would be a pain to implement. And to be fair, a enemy sniper always should kill the soviet marksman, not the spotter.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★