Login

russian armor

Soviet Snipers Squad are not fun

31 Aug 2014, 05:11 AM

For the most part I know the community doesn't really care what us more than 2vs2 players think or feel about particular unit and for the most part I do accept that.

But even in a 3vs3 - sniper spam just makes the game totally unenjoyable. Perhaps it is just my shit playing but the unit just feels way too hard to kill(?)when spamed.

The guy I faced/should take care of on my side of the map - made 5 sniper squads in total. Three pretty early on and then 2 more. One of his allies made 2 squads for a total of 7 sniper squads in the game.

I hope I don't run into this too often or relic comes up with some kind of fix. Maybe it is just me and they are perfectly fine the way they are?
31 Aug 2014, 05:32 AM

Snipers are difficult to handle, but if you can't beat someone who spams 5 of them this might be a (as much as I hate when people say it) L2P problem. With that much manpower invested into such fragile AI, you should be able to exploit the players weakness in a variety of ways,
31 Aug 2014, 06:09 AM
Patrion 15

IMO the biggest issue with the unit is the get out of jail free card. The sprint ability is a joke, and allows for the soviet player to get away with shitty micro and get out of bad situations. IMO the reinforcement cost of the sniper squad needs to be upped, so if you do manage to kill one member of the team you really feel it.
31 Aug 2014, 06:46 AM

If both players went snipers then the 221/222 works very well if you're Ost. If you're OKW then I got no idea what to do. :\
31 Aug 2014, 08:03 AM
Donator 22

IMO the biggest issue with the unit is the get out of jail free card. The sprint ability is a joke, and allows for the soviet player to get away with shitty micro and get out of bad situations. IMO the reinforcement cost of the sniper squad needs to be upped, so if you do manage to kill one member of the team you really feel it.

+1000

31 Aug 2014, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 06:46 AMsteel
If both players went snipers then the 221/222 works very well if you're Ost. If you're OKW then I got no idea what to do. :\
Or so it would if the 221 wasn't 55 fuel away, which is a lot when your infantry get cut down right out the gate.
31 Aug 2014, 09:20 AM

Comparing to Ostheer sniper, the Soviet one should cost 400 MP, and 180MP for reinforcing, or no reinforcing.

They are just too easy to survive, 90 MP reinforce is like nothing.

Moreover, Ostheer sniper should revert to early stage of COH2, soviet snipers need two shot to kill the Ostheer one.
It makes no sense the Ostheer one need two shots to kill them but Soviet can one shot to kill him.

Snipers are supposed to counter snipers who has less skill.
31 Aug 2014, 09:23 AM

MP should go up and reinforcement cost too.
Sprint ability needs to go.
Its so easy now, specially against an OKW player..
31 Aug 2014, 09:39 AM

soviet snipers might need some changes, but please don't suggest such huge changes.

Remove sprint, then remove incendiary rounds from ostheer?

Making them super expensive and big reinforce cost would make the 2 man team redundant.

I'd prefer if snipers were simply both 80 health, and 1 man teams, basically indentical to each other. Soviet sniper has mobility with sprint, german sniper has killing power with incendiary.
31 Aug 2014, 09:39 AM

Sprint on 2 man sniper squad with cloak is total joke. Its already hard as hell to kill them due to bad long range/on the move infantry accuracy, sprint makes flanking useless and unrewarding. Snipers should be hight-risk hight-reward unit, i don't see hight-risk part on soviet snipers at all.
31 Aug 2014, 09:56 AM

I love how sov sniper have sprint and flare ablity, while the german sniper only has RNG dependant incendiary rounds (rather expensive at 45 muni).

With 2 man with 88 hp (combined), the sov sniper team also has the direct hp advantage over the 48 hp german sniper.
The second man reinforcement of 90 manpower(3 gren models for reference) is icing on the cake.

I think cruzzi's suggestion of making the german sniper with 64 hp would be a good start.
And please remove sprint from the sov sniper.
31 Aug 2014, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 09:20 AMPorygon
Comparing to Ostheer sniper, the Soviet one should cost 400 MP, and 180MP for reinforcing, or no reinforcing.

They are just too easy to survive, 90 MP reinforce is like nothing, running on snipers is most retarded crap, EVER.

Moreover, Ostheer sniper should revert to early stage of COH2, soviet snipers need two shot to kill the Ostheer one.
It makes no sense the Ostheer one need two shots to kill them but Soviet can one shot to kill him.

Snipers are supposed to counter snipers who has less skill.

DAMN IT, can you guys make the EDIT button to the left/right, separated and make the quote in the centre?

I can't count how many times I misclick that thing.
31 Aug 2014, 10:53 AM

Some of the suggestions here are rather extreme.

2 simple fixes is enough to balance snipers. The first is to remove sprint from soviet vet 1 snipers, and replace it with the flare (with a munition cost decrease to 45 or 50). And the second is to give she Ostheer sniper incendiary rounds at vet 0, and a reduced received accuracy bonus at vet 1 to give it more survivability.
31 Aug 2014, 10:54 AM

The problem is that the two man sniper squad isn´t only much harder to take down than the Ostheer equivalent. It also comes with the faction that has the most effective omni-prupose mine for 30 munitions. That´s a very bad combination.

By the time you´ve got out the first 221, you´ll not only have to face guards, but also can expect two mines around important points. This is standard at a certain level and makes you cautious to use that 221.

This combination kills the fun.

I agree on a reinforcement cost increase on the Soviet Sniper, too often that second man makes it out alive. At least let losing the first man hurt the player.
31 Aug 2014, 10:56 AM

Or reinforcing would decrease the vet by one level, which making sense. :)
31 Aug 2014, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 10:56 AMPorygon
Or reinforcing would decrease the vet by one level, which making sense. :)

So reinforcing a vet 5 volks squad from 1 man up to 5 man would lower the vet level back to 1?

31 Aug 2014, 11:17 AM

So reinforcing a vet 5 volks squad from 1 man up to 5 man would lower the vet level back to 1?

who...is..talking..about volks in this topic?
31 Aug 2014, 11:18 AM

Some of the suggestions here are rather extreme.

2 simple fixes is enough to balance snipers. The first is to remove sprint from soviet vet 1 snipers, and replace it with the flare (with a munition cost decrease to 45 or 50). And the second is to give she Ostheer sniper incendiary rounds at vet 0, and a reduced received accuracy bonus at vet 1 to give it more survivability.

The flare ability actually cost 40 muni already.
31 Aug 2014, 11:19 AM

who...is..talking..about volks in this topic?

I was just pointing out that porygons reply made no sense. No unit in the game loses vet when reinforcing, yet he thought it would make sense for soviet snipers to lose vet when they reinforce.
31 Aug 2014, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 11:18 AMzarok47

The flare ability actually cost 40 muni already.

Now I just look silly!

Well, time to start using that ability again. Thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★