Login

russian armor

How to customize hotkeys

25 Sep 2014, 14:56 PM

@Senseo1990: Yes, I'm sure (for me).

So you have multiple units selected and by the press of the button determined in your script it will cycle through the units and at the same time jump to the location where the unit that is currently selected is?

What kind of keyboard are you using, and what exact key has this function?

(Im asking because on my german keyboard the ' key doesent do anything, but the Ä key can be used to move the camera to the location of a unit/group)
25 Sep 2014, 14:57 PM

Nice. And the SendInput is the command to send multiple key inputs after eachother? Are there delay's involved?
25 Sep 2014, 16:36 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

@Senseo1990: Yes, it works exactly like that for azerty keyboards. I'm using an azerty keyboard. I tried with qwertz keyboard and indeed "Ä" key works fine when only one unit selected but don't works with units in control group.

@lethalpi: Yes, SendInput is a function to send a sequence of keys. There are no delay involved but you can add delay with others functions like SetKeyDelay.
I'm not an expert on AutoHotkey so I invite you to look at the commands manual if you want more details. (I don't want to say whatever. ^_^)
25 Sep 2014, 16:45 PM

@Senseo1990: Yes, it works exactly like that for qwerty and azerty keyboards. I'm using an azerty keyboard. I tried with qwertz keyboard and indeed "Ä" key works fine when only one unit selected but don't works with units in control group.

That is very interesting, now I only have to find the key that has the desired functionality on my keyboard, because the ' key doesent do anything for me :/
25 Sep 2014, 17:00 PM

My bad SendInput {Tab}'' works only with azerty keyboard. :blush:
25 Sep 2014, 17:01 PM

Okay, youre right i just tested it and the ' key does this in the azerty layout, just like the 4 key in the qwerty layout.

That is quite amazing. Thanks a lot, i will try to incoorporate that in my ahk script. I just need to see how, as the number 4 key is also used for control groups
25 Sep 2014, 17:03 PM

Nevermind, it seems that there is still something wrong there. It cycles through infantry units but not the ones I subselect.

Edit: The function of the ' key seems to be a different one. It doesent focus on the unit you subselected in a group of units.
25 Sep 2014, 17:16 PM

What the ' key or 4 key does is cycling through the group of units, without actually selecting any unit

It moves the camera to unit 1 of the group, then unit 2, and so on, but never actually selects the unit.

It doesent work too well in conjunction with tab, because tab also selects the whole group after selecting every individual unit and therefore the tab selection-cycle and the ' camera-cycle become asynchronous
25 Sep 2014, 21:09 PM

3 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM

CoH 2 gridkeys used for those hotkeys.

Lots of mouse have now multitude of buttons than you can use with AutoHotkey (or your mouse software) in place of "key" below :
WheelLeft, MButton (Middle or wheel mouse button.), WheelRight, XButton1 (4th mouse button. Typically performs the same function as Browser_Back.) or XButton2 (5th mouse button. Typically performs the same function as Browser_Forward.)

Qwerty Hotkeys :
Code

key::SendInput q{Click} ;Attack to move
key::SendInput e{Click} ;Attack to ground
key::SendInput {Ctrl Down}a{Ctrl Up}{Click} ;Activate mini-map attack point ping
key::SendInput {Shift Down}{Click right}{Shift Up} ;Queueing (moving) orders
key::SendInput r{Click} ;Reverse Drive
key::r ;Retreat
key::f ;Reinforce

Azerty version :

New version of my AutoHotkey script in case anyone interested.
3 Nov 2014, 15:37 PM

Sorry for bringing this up here but I am horrible with computers. I have a Cmstorm keyboard that I think have som programing abilities. Does it work to rebind your keys with a keyboard or do I have to have to get autohotkeys to rebind the tacmapbutton in coh2?

3 Nov 2014, 16:50 PM

Sorry for bringing this up here but I am horrible with computers. I have a Cmstorm keyboard that I think have som programing abilities. Does it work to rebind your keys with a keyboard or do I have to have to get autohotkeys to rebind the tacmapbutton in coh2?

There are a lot of CM Storm keyboard. Which one you have ? You have the list of all CM keyboard here.
12 Nov 2014, 01:48 AM

i didnt get anything from the video ... is there a simple way to do it..
17 Nov 2014, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 01:48 AMViento
i didnt get anything from the video ... is there a simple way to do it..

What you want as hotkey ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS