Option Distribution Votes
30%
43%
23%
5%
Total votes: 40
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
19 Aug 2014, 15:04 PM

Maxims could have about 2-3 seconds of time after setting up where suppression ramps up from very low to the default value. This may make it so offensive pushes with just maxims are harder but they are still valuable support weapons.
19 Aug 2014, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned
set up time is ok for me, but give it twice as much pack up time. that way maxims can be flanked
19 Aug 2014, 15:09 PM

What? Maxim is fine as it is, i never hear something bad about MG42
19 Aug 2014, 15:16 PM

set up time is ok for me, but give it twice as much pack up time. that way maxims can be flanked

I mean the amount of suppression it gives out once set up. Different from the set up time.

What? Maxim is fine as it is, i never hear something bad about MG42

I can guess where this is going but I would like the topic to not be about whether I am Soviet or German. I would rather see feedback on this idea I had which incidentally involves a change to one of the factions and not to the others.
19 Aug 2014, 16:03 PM

Maxim is fine as it is.

If it's abused is because soviets can't play with infantry because all their non-doc units are useless.

Wait for next patch.
19 Aug 2014, 16:25 PM

Yes wait for next patch.Then we will see in maxims and isu if relic is serious about this game.
19 Aug 2014, 16:25 PM

I like this idea.

Or give them low penetration so you can kill them with light vehicles (kubel, 221/222, halftrack ost and okw flak). I think they kill these light vehicles almost as fast a Zis).
19 Aug 2014, 16:27 PM

I like this idea.

Or give them low penetration so you can kill them with light vehicles (kubel, 221/222, halftrack ost and okw flak). I think they kill these light vehicles almost as fast a Zis).

U won't be able to due to AT nade or zis.In 1 vs 1..lot of space..maybe.Teamgames certainly not.And its in teamgames that maxims thrive.
19 Aug 2014, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 16:03 PMGreeb
Maxim is fine as it is.

If it's abused is because soviets can't play with infantry because all their non-doc units are useless

Nah.

If a unit is abused, its because it is overperforming.

As long as its overperforming, all other options, no matter how well balanced, will still look "useless" in comparison.

Its pretty simple logic.

OP:
I think your suggestions has merit, but its a bit counter-intuitive and would be difficult to explain to players.

I'd prefer something simpler, like a longer de-setup time for example as Skinless suggested.
19 Aug 2014, 16:33 PM

Nah.

If a unit is abused, its because it is overperforming.

As long as its overperforming, all other options, no matter how well balanced, will still look "useless" in comparison.

Its pretty simple logic.

OP:
I think your suggestions has merit, but its a bit counter-intuitive and would be difficult to explain to players.

I'd prefer something simpler, like a longer de-setup time for example as Skinless suggested.

Don't play alot of Soviets do you?
19 Aug 2014, 16:36 PM

Don't play slot of Soviets do you?

Don't understand basic precepts of logic do you.

Units are abused, because they overperform.

Any and all other units, even if perfectly balanced, seem "useless" when compared to it, by the simple fact that it overperforms (which leads to abuse).

Its not a complicated formula.
19 Aug 2014, 16:36 PM

I don't buy the notion that Maxim is "over-performing". Compared to every other non-doctrinal infantry unit it is the only unit that really performs at all.

I also don't understand why the maxim can't be an offensive weapon. It's already a poor idea to go running around with one while lacking atleast one screening infantry squad.

Adding to setup/packup time will just make it a shitty mg42 that is useless unless deployed in a building. Leave it as is, or if changes are made, make up for it with other sov unit buffs.

19 Aug 2014, 16:50 PM

Don't understand basic precepts of logic do you.

Any and all other units, even if perfectly balanced, seem "useless" when compared to it, by the simple fact that it overperforms (which leads to abuse).

Its not a complicated formula.

Whoa Why are you so hostile? Insulting my intelligence isn't going to prove your point. That fact still stands, Soviet infantry are inferior and to remedy that people use maxims.
19 Aug 2014, 16:50 PM

Buff penals..give cons a lategame dp ..whatever,don't care..whatever it takes to finish maxim spam forever.
19 Aug 2014, 16:53 PM

I don't buy the notion that Maxim is "over-performing". Compared to every other non-doctrinal infantry unit it is the only unit that really performs at all.

Leave it as is, or if changes are made, make up for it with other sov unit buffs.

Why do I keep hearing this. It's not march deploymemt patch anymore. Sov early game was balanced relative to Ostheer in the Elbe patch. Don't forget that soviets can drop mines fast and cheaply. What do you spend your 500 munitions on when you go T2?
19 Aug 2014, 16:55 PM

Whoa Why are you so hostile?

Whoa! Actually, you where hostile!

Insulting my intelligence isn't going to prove your point.

I explained the simple logic.
No need to get personally defensive about it.

That fact still stands, Soviet infantry are inferior and to remedy that people use maxims.

Except thats not a fact.

Its not in dispute that some Sov infantry is potentially underperforming.
But that doesn't change the ontopic issue that maxims are OVERperforming.

Both need adjusting, where necessary, but one is not a result of the other, nor is the over/underperformance of either, related to the other, just to themselves.
19 Aug 2014, 17:42 PM

The maxim doesn't overperform - if any MG overperforms, it's the MG34.

Nobody i know wins high level 1v1s only because they build plenty of maxims. In teamgames they are able to push at the beginning, but they offer no late game potential. They get decimated by mortar(-halftracks), artillery, vet infantry with upgrades, well placed grenades, and especially vet1 MG34/42s.

Saying "maxim" and "abuse" in the same sentence doesn't fit, at least from my perspective.

"Annoying" is maybe more suitable.

But maxims get build alot, because conscripts and penals are overshadowed by other units with much higher long range DPS, thanks to the current LMG centric state of the game and OKW elite infantry.
19 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM

Maxim is fine. Just stop the units from dancing around so they can actually flank stuff, and Buff MG42 damage, to have the same dps as the German MG.
19 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nobody i know wins high level 1v1s only because they build plenty of maxims. In teamgames they are able to push at the beginning, but they offer no late game potential. They get decimated by mortar(-halftracks), artillery, vet infantry with upgrades, well placed grenades, and especially vet1 MG34/42s.

Saying "maxim" and "abuse" in the same sentence doesn't fit, at least from my perspective.
"Annoying" is maybe more suitable.

Can anyone imagine if maxims were mirrored to MG42? Long time to setup, crew spread out, black magic teleport shenanigans, incendiary rounds...
I would gladly trade a maxim for a proper MG.

@Cannonade: but you didn´t answer his question :P
19 Aug 2014, 18:21 PM

@Cannonade: but you didn´t answer his question :P

Sorry. Who's/what question was that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak