Login

russian armor

Do Tigers really need Blitzkrieg?

PAGES (11)down
19 Aug 2014, 10:01 AM

Because noone used it :D

So it was actually balanced with soviet tank vet then. :)
19 Aug 2014, 10:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 10:01 AMKatitof

So it was actually balanced with soviet tank vet then. :)
]
The idea of capturing a point with a KV-2 still makes me laugh
19 Aug 2014, 10:06 AM

]
The idea of capturing a point with a KV-2 still makes me laugh

Hey! I actually had a game that ended because I capped a point with KV-2! :banana:
19 Aug 2014, 10:08 AM
Donator 11

Sure, you can take away blitzkrieg i never use and give my mg42 powers to stop hordes of ally inf.
19 Aug 2014, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 09:37 AMKatitof

Not better then any other medium tank.

And other tanks don't need to rely on that for fighting infantry because their weapons are actually effective(all shermans, P4s).

What a bunch of lies. 76s destroy infantry far better than any other regular medium tank. 76 is way better for killing inf with main gun than sherman and definitely better than PzIV too.
19 Aug 2014, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 10:25 AMHitman5

What a bunch of lies. 76s destroy infantry far better than any other regular medium tank. 76 is way better for killing inf with main gun than sherman and definitely better than PzIV too.

Ummm, both OKW and wehr P4s have much better AI stats and much better MG firepower including pintles.
All shermans have much better AI and pintles.

Even T34/85 is better.

Since recent P4 change its not even competition, the only thing that goes for T34/76 is cost, everything else P4 performs better.

Keep up with stats and changes.

T34/76 is at best average against infantry after changes to AoE profiles and buffs to P4. You want great AI medium tank, try P4.
19 Aug 2014, 10:42 AM
Donator 22

blitz is fine IMO. Its not the old warp Speed and you cant use them with an engine crit.
19 Aug 2014, 10:45 AM

Exchange it with target weak point :clap:
19 Aug 2014, 10:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I don't see why the notion of Tigers not having a vet 1 ability is such a shock, Soviet Heavy Tanks essentially don't have any vet abilities, they have capture point which is absolutely pathetic on an IS-2 or KV-1.

A possible solution would be to remove the Top MG Gunner as a munitions upgrade, but instead put it on for free upon reaching Vet1. In fact, that's probably a good idea for the IS-2 as well, capture point is deadful and not needed but losing the abiltiy to build the MG gunner would be a small nerf to it.
19 Aug 2014, 10:54 AM

Ok vCOH I used to use blitz to rush past their defenses without taking too much damage, before turning to destroy them from behind. Which was how that tactic was used in WW2 and how I believe it was intended. Now, as others say, we use it for the opposite.

OP, you said there is no allied infantry AT!? USF infantry can all be AT... Stop being a fan boy!
19 Aug 2014, 10:58 AM

It was useless before, now that ts is decent, you want to nerf it, yep
19 Aug 2014, 11:00 AM

Guys, stop the namecalling. Thats not gonna convince anybody.
That being said, the "Blitzkrieg" ability (which sounds terribly silly) does not really enable either the Tiger or the KT to back away from the SU85/Jackson, especially not the latter. It might help a bit, but it really is no get out jail card. Smoke is more helpful in that regard. Personally I think its just fine - I've played mostly 2v2 in the last month at a moderately high level and in most longer games I've witnessed eventual Allied armor dominance, so this sort of veterancy advantage might just be required to provide an equilibrium.
19 Aug 2014, 11:01 AM

Biased player is biased. The game is broken currently and already scewed towards allies. It doesnt need to be broken further.

I fully agree with the op, blitzkrieg on Tigers is stupid because it effectively removes the one single weakness (meh mobility) they have. No doubt my playercard is hugely biased as well. I also think the overall balance is dominated by OKW, and Wehr is superbly strong against anything that isn't multiple soviet snipers once the LMG train gets going.

19 Aug 2014, 11:03 AM

I don't see why then notion of Tigers not having a vet 1 ability is such a shock, Soviet Heavy Tanks essentially don't have any vet abilities, they have capture point which is absolutely pathetic on an IS-2 or KV-1.

A possible solution would be to remove the Top MG Gunner as a munitions upgrade, but instead put it on for free upon reaching Vet1. In fact, that's probably a good idea for the IS-2 as well, capture point is deadful and not needed but losing the abiltiy to build the MG gunner would be a small nerf to it.

So now you are proposing not only removing ALL abilities from Tiger, you also simultaneously want to buff IS2 and KV1 at the same time.

This is getting really ridiculous.
19 Aug 2014, 11:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Blitzrieg is a huge contributer to the stale broken meta where the whole game just ends up being a doctrinal call-in battle, because allied non doctrinal tanks are really crappy against heavy tanks and Allied lack any decent infantry based AT.

Yes balance isn't perfect for Soviets or Americans either, but if people keep fighting fire with fire "You can't nerf the OP german things until you nerf the OP Allied things" Then you're never going to have a balanced game. You need to look at the design and conceptual level of things instead of just fanboying over which faction has the most OP things. Is a vet1 ability that gives the strongest tanks in the game an ability to negate all non-doctrinal AT weaponry in the game by making a slow heavy tank out speed light mobile dedicated AT units a good idea and good for the overall flow of the game? No, of course not. As I said Speed and ra nge is the only thing SU-85's and Jacksons have going for them over German tanks, and Tigers can just Blitzkrieg in to chase down and kill SU-85's and Jacksons with ease, ignoring AT grenades that don't penetrate and ignoring button because of Smoke. Also Blitzkrieging head on past several AT guns and they'll only fire one shot before the tiger has driven past them and no longer in the firing arc, and there's no guarantee the first shot will penetrate.

Ever noticed the only way to kill Tigers and heavy German armour is with IS-2's, ISU's, T-34/85's and easy 8's? This is a big problem overall and Blitzkrieg is one of the problems in fixing that. Yes IS-2's and ISU's are over performing at the moment, doesn't mean we can't be constructive with other huge balance and design problems in the game.
19 Aug 2014, 11:07 AM

Fine remove it ..but give it armor and health in return.
Oh and is-2 doesn't need insane front AND rear armor.
19 Aug 2014, 11:10 AM

doesn't mean we can't be constructive with other huge balance and design problems in the game.

Wanting to remove Vet ability ENTIRELY from Tiger (not even suggesting an alternative, just flat out removing it altogether as you suggest), while simultaneously buffing IS2 and KV1, is hardly "constructive".
19 Aug 2014, 11:13 AM

So now you are proposing not only removing ALL abilities from Tiger, you also simultaneously want to buff IS2 and KV1 at the same time.

This is getting really ridiculous.

I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that sov heavies have practically no vet1 ability and do fine, but suddenly hell breaks loose upon a sole thought of tiger being equal to them in that sense.

Please, explain to us all why its mandatory for Tiger to have it while IS-2 and KV-2 have nothing practical?

Double standards argument you hold by default aside obviously.
19 Aug 2014, 11:14 AM

I'm not sure if negating all non doctrinal allied AT could be considered "decent". It's part of the problem why team games are entirely just a doctrinal call-in battle, because allied non doctrinal tanks are really crappy against heavy tanks.

Yes balance isn't perfect for Soviets or Americans either, but if people keep fighting fire with fire "You can't nerf the OP german things until you nerf the OP Allied things" Then you're never going to have a balanced game. You need to look at the design and conceptual level of things instead of just fanboying over which faction has the most OP things. Is a vet1 ability that gives the strongest tanks in the game an ability to negate all non-doctrinal AT weaponry in the game by making a slow heavy tank out speed light mobile dedicated AT units a good idea and good for the overall flow of the game? No, of course not. As I said Speed is the only thing SU-85's and Jacksons have going for them over German tanks, and Tigers can just Blitzkrieg to chase down and kill SU-85's and Jacksons with ease, ignoring AT grenades that don't penetrate. Also Blitzkrieging head on past several AT guns and they'll only fire one shot before the tiger has driven past them and no longer in the firing arc, and there's no guarantee the first shot will penetrate.

Ever noticed the only way to kill Tigers and heavy German armour is with IS-2's, ISU's, T-34/85's and easy 8's? This is a big problem overall and Blitzkrieg is one of the problems in fixing that. Yes IS-2's and ISU's are over performing at the moment, doesn't mean we can't be constructive with other huge balance and design problems in the game.

Eh, speed is not the only thing SU 85 and Jackson have over "regular" German tanks. The SU isnt faster ie. as the PIV AFAIK. They both outrange them tho and SU has more vision. Even a single Su 85 can push a Tiger around pretty much at will, or at least consign it to a purely defensive role unless the German player really wants to commit. One might also reply that the only reliable way to kill Soviet heavies and Allied advanced mediums is with German heavies/ JT/ Elefant...
19 Aug 2014, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 11:13 AMKatitof
Double standards argument you hold by default aside obviously.

Its you with double standards.

At the same time as your say that Tiger should for some magical reason have NO Vet ability, you also want to buff IS-2 and KV1 even harder in the same department.

That is the very definition of a dishonest double standard.

So sorry, no.
I see right through you.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 99
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias