Login

russian armor

Incoming received accuracy for OKW units

17 Aug 2014, 05:23 AM

Permanently Banned
I really think this is a stupid idea. Obersoldaden Jaegers, had their armor reduced to 1 yet it seems now they drop like flies this Incoming received accuracy is absolute bollocks.

Why do Shocks get armor yet OKW and Wer Units get this supposed reduced incoming accuracy gimmick.

If this is the direction you want to take it(as you mentioned) it should be standardised accross all units.

You can use the argument that shocks need this armour. Then what about PGs and Assault grens who have been reduced to a state of uselessness.
17 Aug 2014, 05:33 AM

Armor and Recieved Accuracy do the exact same thing.

One reduces how much you get hit.

One stops damage when it hits you.

To get right down to it though armor is worse than received accuracy. Several small arms units actually have armor penetration. It's mostly the heavy machine guns.

For instance:
Shocks have an armor of 1.5
MG-42 has penetration of 1.4/1.8/2.2.

This means that Shocktroops get no armor benefit at short and medium ranges and even at long range their armor is reduced by 80% effectiveness against the MG-42.

Many light vehicles such as the 222 Scout Car also have penetration.

Received Accuracy isn't affected by penetration at all though. It's better than armor.
17 Aug 2014, 05:42 AM

I agree, Obersoldaten for such an expensive and elite squad that comes into a game when all enemy infantry has a few ranks already - drop too easily. For a 4 man squad with such long and expensive re:enforcement time I'd rather spam Assault pios with their STG's and Volks who suck in the beginning, but rank like crazy and push away tanks also. You actually cant afford to lose them (obers) and when the second man drops, and that can be in seconds due the Allied spamming tendencies - u have to retreat, then all over again. Assault Grens I wont even bother to comment, since they've become an expensive cannon fodder for allied infantry and only a minor distraction for allied vehicles. Don't u just love when u blow all that manpower in Assgrens squad and then pour additional 120 ammo, and along comes T34 and blows 3 out of four these guys in one shot lol ...
17 Aug 2014, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 05:42 AM$nuffy
I agree, Obersoldaten for such an expensive and elite squad that comes into a game when all enemy infantry has a few ranks already - drop too easily. For a 4 man squad with such long and expensive re:enforcement time I'd rather spam Assault pios with their STG's and Volks who suck in the beginning, but rank like crazy and push away tanks also. You actually cant afford to lose them (obers) and when the second man drops, and that can be in seconds due the Allied spamming tendencies - u have to retreat, then all over again. Assault Grens I wont even bother to comment, since they've become an expensive cannon fodder for allied infantry and only a minor distraction for allied vehicles. Don't u just love when u blow all that manpower in Assgrens squad and then pour additional 120 ammo, and along comes T34 and blows 3 out of four these guys in one shot lol ...

thats the reason why spamming assault grens is never a good idea, its to supplement your forces. grens have much more utility in general and ostheer t1 is too good to skip.

an assault gren helps with flanking and short range firepower, very useful against an army with predominantly rifle infantry units.

on point, obersoldaten are not expensive at all, they are only 400mp. for comparison, guards are 330 and need dp28s which are another 75munitions in order to get some form of anti infantry. for the record, an ober in green cover can take on 2 guards squad quite comfortably with that received accuracy.

what you are facing is probably dual browning lmg which is on the level of bullshit equal to obersoldaten.
17 Aug 2014, 06:52 AM

Permanently Banned

To get right down to it though armor is worse than received accuracy. Several small arms units actually have armor penetration. It's mostly the heavy machine guns.

For instance:

This means that Shocktroops get no armor benefit at short and medium ranges and even at long range their armor is reduced by 80% effectiveness against the MG-42.

Received Accuracy isn't affected by penetration at all though. It's better than armor.

Thanks for the clarification. But still doesnt clarify the failure to standardize units. PGs and Assualt grens are units that need looking at. Shocks have smoke and can run almost strahough through all fire to get right close to the opponent. Ass grens and PGs have no such luxury and are usually melted by US firepower or Guards/shocks up close
17 Aug 2014, 07:11 AM

I use Obers in every game as OKW. They are good as are they are.
Simply dont run out of cover into enemy blob.
17 Aug 2014, 08:28 AM
Donator 11

I'm not sure but I suspect that there is a difference when it comes to explosions like grenades and tank blasts aoe. I think that thee received accuracy will have the same effect as armour vs small arms but not this stuff so the switch will have made the obers and pg's more squishy vs t34s etc.
17 Aug 2014, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 08:28 AMArray

I'm not sure but I suspect that there is a difference when it comes to explosions like grenades and tank blasts aoe. I think that thee received accuracy will have the same effect as armour vs small arms but not this stuff so the switch will have made the obers and pg's more squishy vs t34s etc.

armor does nothing against grenades or tank guns. both of these have high penetatration values meaning armor will never protect infantry from them.
17 Aug 2014, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 08:28 AMArray

It's the other way around.

Infantry Armor only protects against small arms fire that does not have enough penetration to punch trough the armor. All explosive weapons and fire-based weapons have enough penetration to always punch trough the armor of infantry.

Reduced received accuracy works against everything that uses accuracy. This means that there is a higher chance for tank shells to roll a miss and scatter against these units. Now, this effect is not that significant, because the chance of a direct hit (a shot that does not scatter) against infantry is very low. But it's still better than armor.
17 Aug 2014, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 06:40 AMwongtp

an assault gren helps with flanking and short range firepower, very useful against an army with predominantly rifle infantry units.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 07:11 AMAradan
I use Obers in every game as OKW. They are good as are they are.
Simply dont run out of cover into enemy blob.

my main beef with the assgrens is that for a 4 man squad they're too risky to any kind of flank/approach/rush in whatever since they very easily lose two men in the process of gettin into position to do what they're supposed to. After that with only 2 STG's they can't really do anything that would matter anyhow, or if u're left with two Shreck guys u better run back to base if you want to save that 120 muni investment, since I've seen so many lucky T34 shots that wiped the two
shreck guys desperately runing after the Tank tryin' to launch. Assgrens right now work only within blobs and when you have a momentum and enemy on the run/defense, and in that phase of the game details don't matter much. What's the point of adding two Shrecks to a unit that is suppose to excel at medium/close range ? Makes no sense at all.. you lose two valuable STG's and end up a mixed bag of AT crap that gets two shotted by any tank. If the Grens would have the ability to get one Shreck per squad, along with the rifles and lmg, that would be a well rounded unit. But 2 STG's with two Shrecks is totally contra productive.

Regarding the Obers - same thing, 4 man squad. You lose the first one you may as well start to hold the finger over the retreat button. And when they do get out, you're mostly in that phase of the game where you should be on the contra offensive and tryin' to get back all that territory that you got pushed out in the early and mid game. And while on the move, it's not all roses and green cover.. While as a defensive unit camping in the green cover raping oncoming infantry, yeah I guess they do work.
17 Aug 2014, 12:30 PM

as for assault grens, i think u mean panzergrenadiers. same thing applies initiate with grenadiers, move them in after. however infantry strategy is not recommended against USF when lmg blobs are around. against soviets though, it works wonderfully.

dont lead attacks with obers should solve loads of problems for you, use volks to initiate, obers follow up by running into green cover later.

once under cover, obers are bloody difficult to dig out. tbh, okw should have no problems with infantry. volks are pretty durable and elite infantry have so much dps.
17 Aug 2014, 12:47 PM

For instance:

Uhm against small arms received acc only matter at long range, whereas armour is always relavent no matter the range. It is only against tanks shell that received acc modifier really counts.
17 Aug 2014, 13:18 PM

Uhm against small arms received acc only matter at long range, whereas armour is always relavent no matter the range. It is only against tanks shell that received acc modifier really counts.

What? No. No it does not. Received accuracy modifiers apply at all ranges. I have no idea what makes you think otherwise.
17 Aug 2014, 14:35 PM
Donator 11

They should give them a health bonus instead, its so easy to wipe obers and fallshirm with a lucky expolsive shot.
17 Aug 2014, 15:40 PM

What? No. No it does not. Received accuracy modifiers apply at all ranges. I have no idea what makes you think otherwise.

i thought when CQC unit like Shocks and ppsh cons close up, acc will always be near 100% whereas normal rifles seems to not get increased pen at close range.
17 Aug 2014, 16:08 PM

Yeah because OKW infantry needs to be even more powerful than it is now /sarcasm.

Received accuracy is a great bonus across the board. It works against more than small arms, for one. There is no need to buff the most powerful infantry faction in the game further.
17 Aug 2014, 16:22 PM

i thought when CQC unit like Shocks and ppsh cons close up, acc will always be near 100% whereas normal rifles seems to not get increased pen at close range.

The accuracy never gets that high. However, even if it did, the DPS would still be reduced by the same percentage thanks to the received accuracy modifier.

17 Aug 2014, 16:23 PM

QWhere r u getting this information from. is there a developer blog talking about these changes
17 Aug 2014, 16:32 PM

The only infantry that can reach over 100% accuracy at some range is...wait for it...vet2 or higher axis infantry. And even there it's mostly just Obersoldaten kars, Grenadiers when supported by an officer, Pgren G43s when supported by officer etc.
17 Aug 2014, 16:40 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Korea, Republic Of 6
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %