Login

russian armor

US Campaign: ARDENNES ASSAULT

13 Aug 2014, 20:04 PM

Don't bother with him.. wehr fans will make their own reality...there are many complex reasons why german 'kill ratios' are high even though they lost their way to Berlin and ended up with a big fat Zero. Ditto for the soviets and why their losses were higher even though they won their way to Berlin.

Kill ratios is precisely the Wehr mindset in this war. They were more focused on this than actually finding out a way to win.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 19:34 PMBurts

Also, the "the battle of kursk" in that wikipedia article also accounts for the soviet offensive, and the soviet offensive lasted for much,much longer than the german offensive.
13 Aug 2014, 20:20 PM

Don't bother with him.. wehr fans will make their own reality...there are many complex reasons why german 'kill ratios' are high even though they lost their way to Berlin and ended up with a big fat Zero. Ditto for the soviets and why their losses were higher even though they won their way to Berlin.

Kill ratios is precisely the Wehr mindset in this war. They were more focused on this than actually finding out a way to win.

Good job derailing this thread. Typical for you. Btw, your "fuck yeah 'muricasoloeverythingunbeatableswag-Attitude is not an own reality or what?
13 Aug 2014, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 18:31 PMKatitof

That was one long offensive there.

Generations unborn will hear their wrath.
13 Aug 2014, 21:21 PM

What a shame. :( Would've preferred something far more interesting. A German campaign of one.

I suppose the Yanks sell...
14 Aug 2014, 20:02 PM

That is rather crude and a major misinterpretation of the whermacht. I find the whermacht to be far superior then the red army or the USF. But your correct military victories doesn't make a unstoppable fighting force. the romans where so effective not only because they had well led and wel disciplined legionaries but also because they where also masters of diplomacy and had a firm understanding of economics of warfare. The nazi's never did and germany downfall was inevitable because of that.
14 Aug 2014, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 20:02 PMJaigen

That is rather crude and a major misinterpretation of the whermacht. I find the whermacht to be far superior then the red army or the USF. But your correct military victories doesn't make a unstoppable fighting force. the romans where so effective not only because they had well led and wel disciplined legionaries but also because they where also masters of diplomacy and had a firm understanding of economics of warfare. The nazi's never did and germany downfall was inevitable because of that.

Yes of course the wehrmact was the superior army, that's why they lost the war.

Your logic doesn't make any sense.
14 Aug 2014, 20:36 PM

Lols they ripped of EiRR mod for the new SP campaign. GG Relic, such ingenuity. If you need me I'll be elsewhere.
14 Aug 2014, 20:39 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 20:36 PMVolsky
Lols they ripped of EiRR mod for the new SP campaign. GG Relic, such ingenuity. If you need me I'll be elsewhere.
?
14 Aug 2014, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 20:12 PMBurts

yes and thats why in 1945 america was gathering as much german scientists and technology as they could to make sure they gained the weapons to ward of the soviet hordes. without werner von braun the americans would have lost the space and arms race. there is still classified projects/scientists that are denied to exist to this day. why else were the americans allowing war criminals into the united states and give them power as leading scientists and spies? they did have the atomic bomb, but, no means to deliver it to the soviet union other than unreliable waves of bombers that costed the lives of many western allies and material. that was just a tiny country of germany. they could not go toe to toe with the soviets so they had to STEAL THE NAZI SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY to scare the evil soviets into not continuing their expansion in europe after the war. today we now know they back engineered the shit out of german airplanes, rockets, and tanks. you cannot say the americans and british were going to get to reliable jet fighters without the help of the nazi scientists and captured me-262. also we know that allot of the bio weapons developed in the cold war by both sides were ex nazis working for their new empires. so i would say that the germans had better equipment. just not enough. their technology lives on today. look at the leapord tank. you cannot look at it and not see the panther. the abrams is the kingtiger of today. the tactics used in desert storm and invasion of iraq the generals looked at the bliztkreig and based their tactics on it.
14 Aug 2014, 21:08 PM

That "losing the war" argument is totally invalid. Let´s assume a boxer gets into a brawl with 10 regular dudes. The 10 guys defeat him. Does that make the boxer inferior in his fighting ability man per man? :gimpy:
14 Aug 2014, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 20:36 PMVolsky

So just becasue EIRR had persistent units and stuff that came with it, Relic can't put it into their own campaign? Having persistent and limited units is such a basic thing, a lot of games have that.
14 Aug 2014, 21:37 PM

how are you the only person on this site to manage to mess up a quote?
14 Aug 2014, 22:10 PM

Your completely ignorant. go look upon this quote and maybe you will start to understand what im talking about.

Nervos belli, pecuniam.

This is also not the first time in history where a superior military force is defeated by its enemy but by other factors. the american civil war or the war between carthage and rome are all good examples of this.
14 Aug 2014, 22:23 PM

... 1939-1942 the germans kicked everyones ass. allied fanboys will complain about anything...

Yeah attacked bunch of countries that were demilitarizing and didnt want to go to war. See what happened when they got their shit together.

Germany started a war it couldnt win.
14 Aug 2014, 22:32 PM

I wonder what kind of internal development/publisher politics lead to WFA and this being separate releases. WFA is by Relic's most content light expansion(even Tales of Valor had more)

14 Aug 2014, 22:37 PM

I wonder what kind of internal development/publisher politics lead to WFA and this being separate releases. WFA is by Relic's most content light expansion(even Tales of Valor had more)

The reason this is split is because they knew certain people would like only multiplayer or singleplayer. People would be mad that they have to pay more for something they wouldn't even play.
14 Aug 2014, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 22:23 PMChegwin

Yeah attacked bunch of countries that were demilitarizing and didnt want to go to war. See what happened when they got their shit together.

Germany started a war it couldnt win.

lol france was ready for them and militarized, was considered one of the most advanced armies at the time.
15 Aug 2014, 00:22 AM

lol france was ready for them and militarized, was considered one of the most advanced armies at the time.

France reduced military spendings by around 30% before war. They didnt even wanted to attack Germany when their ally was attacked they just waited behind their Maginot line, leaving their ally to it's own fate.

Allies giving in to Hitlers land demands beforehand also shows how other nations didnt want new war.

You think Germans went up against countries that were ready to go ? People still had memories of WWI nobody wanted another bloodshed but Germans.
15 Aug 2014, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 22:10 PMJaigen

Your completely ignorant. go look upon this quote and maybe you will start to understand what im talking about.

Nervos belli, pecuniam.

This is also not the first time in history where a superior military force is defeated by its enemy but by other factors. the american civil war or the war between carthage and rome are all good examples of this.

So you are saying it is not the red army that defeated the wehrmacht? I don't understand.

Once again, this is making no sense.

If the wehrmacht was constantly being defeated from the battle of Stalingrad and onwards, then how can the wehrmacht be the superior fighting force? It doesn't matter what were the causes of this. They lost. That's what matters. And saying that they were the superior fighting force is wrong. They lost for a reason.

15 Aug 2014, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 06:53 AMBurts

So you are saying it is not the red army that defeated the wehrmacht? I don't understand.

Once again, this is making no sense.

If the wehrmacht was constantly being defeated from the battle of Stalingrad and onwards, then how can the wehrmacht be the superior fighting force? It doesn't matter what were the causes of this. They lost. That's what matters. And saying that they were the superior fighting force is wrong. They lost for a reason.

If you wish to remain ignorant be my guest. But i will tell you one thing. an acquaintance of mine who is a LT within out country's army said to me once that red army tactics and strategy where never given any consideration as they are considered to be the one of the worst military doctrines during the entire 20th century. german tactics and strategies are still being extensively studied.

Germany lost that was inevitable but not because they where bad soldiers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★