Login

russian armor

new content coming?

10 Aug 2014, 12:46 PM

But..but...but... the heavy vehicle skin of USF remains unused ? :guyokay:

10 Aug 2014, 13:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Didn't you tell the exaxt same shit when people predicted the western front? You did.

He did, but this time he has actual reasons to believe that there wont be a pershing:

Noun recently said that the Pershing isnt something that they are considering for the near future.
Couple that with the fact that Relic has never added a new unit via DLC so far (and probably wont in the future) and the Pershing becomes something that we might see in another expansion pack...IF that expansion pack was focused on the US Forces (highly unlikely)
10 Aug 2014, 13:07 PM

Didn't you tell the exaxt same shit when people predicted the western front? You did.

And that was a crushing letdown for me and quite a few others as unique eastern front feel went down to shitter.
Last thing I want to see is unique feel of armies go the same route.

Also, there is a quote on the blog stating specifically there will be no pershing or chaffee, but they have use their engine sounds for OKW vehicles.
10 Aug 2014, 13:27 PM

Permanently Banned
By the way: Since st vith and bastogne are mentioned in the game files we can probably assume to see singleplayer content around those battles soon
10 Aug 2014, 13:30 PM

Permanently Banned
10 Aug 2014, 13:49 PM

Permanently Banned
What about the Sherman M4A3E2 (Jumbo) as a new heavy tank?

Wouldnt that also require a new model?
10 Aug 2014, 13:59 PM

Permanently Banned
10 Aug 2014, 14:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

probably but maybe you could reuse some stuff.
10 Aug 2014, 14:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Well maybe thats an option then, but I really wouldnt count on it.
10 Aug 2014, 14:07 PM

The problem with the Pershing, and as far as I can remember I'm paraphrasing Noun here from one of the latest streams, is that it's just unrealistic to include it.
10 Aug 2014, 14:10 PM

I see a lot of top community members being very firm that there will be no Pershing as if they have some insider information. If that is the case, can you explain why the US was given a heavy skin if not to have some kind of heavy tank fill that role sometime in the future?

I really haven't heard any good reasons why they wouldn't add it with all the user demand. At the right price, CP level, and pop cap (if they solve this issue for US) any unit can become balanced.

The tank was actually used late in the war and saw some combat. It's not like it was strictly a prototype tank.
10 Aug 2014, 14:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 14:07 PMBled
The problem with the Pershing, and as far as I can remember I'm paraphrasing Noun here from one of the latest streams, is that it's just unrealistic to include it.

Lol, the old "realism-card" in a game where soviets fight alongside the US army. Yeah...Relics excuses :P

I really haven't heard any good reasons why they wouldn't add it with all the user demand.

Because adding new units via DLC doesent seem to be an option for Relic. Probably because of financial reasons.
10 Aug 2014, 14:16 PM

I see a lot of top community members being very firm that there will be no Pershing as if they have some insider information. If that is the case, can you explain why the US was given a heavy skin if not to have some kind of heavy tank fill that role sometime in the future?

I really haven't heard any good reasons why they wouldn't add it with all the user demand. At the right price, CP level, and pop cap (if they solve this issue for US) any unit can become balanced.

The tank was actually used late in the war and saw some combat. It's not like it was strictly a prototype tank.

I don't believe this is a balance issue, but more of a faction identity and realism issue.

But as far as seen combat goes, a few saw combat in like, 1945, but it was somewhere around a dozen and maybe twice. It's just too unrealistic.
10 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 13:07 PMKatitof

And that was a crushing letdown for me and quite a few others as unique eastern front feel went down to shitter.
Last thing I want to see is unique feel of armies go the same route.

Also, there is a quote on the blog stating specifically there will be no pershing or chaffee, but they have use their engine sounds for OKW vehicles.

I too was a little dissapointed when WFA was announced.

I would of much preffered simply another soviet faction and another german faction.
10 Aug 2014, 14:22 PM

That is exceptionally easy to explain.
Because the code is already there and what good would it do to remove it just for a single faction?

One of the reasons would be: there was a total of 0 pershings during battle of bulge, which USF are based on.
First pershing have seen the combat only after the battle of bulge(and let me say this again, USF are based on US forces during Battle of bulge, not earlier, not later, exactly that, same for OKW).

Whooping 20 of them have seen any action.
Makes as much sense as including IS-3 tank, because one regiment have seen action on far east.
10 Aug 2014, 14:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

well the ostwind exists soo...
10 Aug 2014, 14:27 PM

Ostwind makes equally no sense and feedback for that is as old as CoH1.
10 Aug 2014, 14:33 PM

Ye, there should be a Pershing M26 + Double Easy 8 call-in only for 600 MP and 250 FUEL ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
10 Aug 2014, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 09:10 AMKatitof
Asking for pershing is like asking for soviets to have wehrmacht tiering system.

It just will not happen. Deal with it.

lol, just like the US faction, right? :P
10 Aug 2014, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 14:22 PMKatitof

That is exceptionally easy to explain.
Because the code is already there and what good would it do to remove it just for a single faction?

Correct, no one would expect them to change the code to remove the slot just for one army. However I wouldn't expect them to issue a rare skin for USF heavy tanks if they had no plans to ever use it.

One of the reasons would be: there was a total of 0 pershings during battle of bulge, which USF are based on.
First pershing have seen the combat only after the battle of bulge(and let me say this again, USF are based on US forces during Battle of bulge, not earlier, not later, exactly that, same for OKW).

Yeah, the base design is from that time period but that isn't something they absolutely couldn't deviate from. The new commander with the Pershing would be called "late war tactics" or something along those lines. Wow! that was an easy problem to solve, wasn't it?

Whooping 20 of them have seen any action.
Makes as much sense as including IS-3 tank, because one regiment have seen action on far east.

Well, that's 20 more than zero. It was a popular unit in COH1 and the war footage of it destroying a Panther in Cologne has made it a WWII icon. There would be no problem including it if balanced correctly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★