Login

russian armor

COH moved to COH 2 server?

• This thread is locked
9 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

one of the main reasons i hate to touch coh2 is because i dont have super good internet connection it is just a normal connection and i really dont have any big problem playing games online such as battlefield which you are playing with 63 other players and there is no trouble with it, but in COH2 i sometimes lag and game freezes for a few seconds, in beta when someone lagged the lag was applied to all other players then game was resumed. but in the new coh2 the game only pauses for me and when it resumes everything moves at 16x speed to catch the game with other players and during this time i just see my units dying so fast, faster than light.

Today i played a COH1 game vs my friend Aikaz and same thing happened game froze for 2 seconds for me for lag and when it resumed i just saw my entire units dying at 16x speed then aikaz was asking me why you didnt retreat...

does this mean i should also say byebye to coh1? not everyone lives in a country with super good optic connections, i played coh1 for years and i participated in many tournaments not even a single person was saying it is bad to play vs me because of lag or something, lag was only 1 second or 2 second but it was 1 in 10000, in this new way i keep losing my units because i just dont understand what is happening to my units when game freezes. is there any way relic is gonna revert this game server back to what it was before this last patch?
9 Aug 2014, 15:52 PM

Today i played a COH1 game vs my friend Aikaz and same thing happened game froze for 2 seconds for me for lag and when it resumed i just saw my entire units dying at 16x speed then aikaz was asking me why you didnt retreat...

Same happened to me 2 times since this patch. Game just froze and then everything speeded up super fast.
9 Aug 2014, 16:06 PM
Donator 11

Man you guys are asking for a lot for a 8yo game that u paid 60$ or less for. If you don't have a good internet connection it's not relic's fault just dont buy any mp games. Sorry I dont mean to be rude but you cant expect the world for 60$ and an old product
9 Aug 2014, 16:11 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Uh I think it's not too much to ask for the game to remain playable.
9 Aug 2014, 16:23 PM
Donator 11

Uh I think it's not too much to ask for the game to remain playable.

Honestly, yes I think it is. Especially that the problem as more to do with his internet connection then the game. The singleplayer still works fine, how long do you want them to continue surpporting this game? It will stop getting support at some point.

You pay 15$ to go to the cinema for 2 hours of entertainment and dont even get to keep anything and gamers wine about these kind of problems. Im all about getting value as a customer but having 500hours + for 60$ is crazy value
9 Aug 2014, 16:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I don't go to the cinema. In any case, it's not some sort of contest to get some amount of $ out of a game, it's about Relic not breaking stuff that already works.
9 Aug 2014, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2014, 16:06 PMZ3r07
Man you guys are asking for a lot for a 8yo game that u paid 60$ or less for. If you don't have a good internet connection it's not relic's fault just dont buy any mp games. Sorry I dont mean to be rude but you cant expect the world for 60$ and an old product

I bought a 2006 game on release because my internet and computer could handle it, i was playing this for ages without any serious problem, but when the company FORCES you to have SUPER GOOD internet connection when your country cant afford it to play a game that you could already play without any problem before the "latest patch" then it is another thing. no one ever complained about COH1 netcode, they only said fix the ranking system on steam version.i just wanna connect and play to someone not to see me losing because game freezes for 2 seconds and when it is back everything is dead
9 Aug 2014, 17:14 PM
Donator 11

I still completly disagree, you can bring up the issue but to complain about it is total non sense after years of support

And for them to still support this, you should be happy.

Compare gaming to any form of entertainment and we are very spoiled
9 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2014, 17:14 PMZ3r07
I still completly disagree, you can bring up the issue but to complain about it is total non sense after years of support

And for them to still support this, you should be happy.

Compare gaming to any form of entertainment and we are very spoiled

ahhh i retired myself from speaking to useless people ages ago, are you a developer or someone who is in charge of this product? if not then have a look at your keyboard next to A (right side) is the first thing u need to know then next to R there is the second thing you need to know and 3rd look for the letter next to D and at last see what is next to Y.

for the 10000time if your brain is capable of understanding, this game used to work fine for me until the last patch which came out some days ago and as it seems you have understanding issues i read somewhere you say do not expect support for this game but on the other hand when people say supporting this game by moving it to new server is a mistake you disagree with them. Relic doesnt give a free game to anyone so stop posting craps on my post kk thx bye!
9 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM
Donator 11

ahhh i retired myself from speaking to useless people ages ago, are you a developer or someone who is in charge of this product? if not then have a look at your keyboard next to A (right side) is the first thing u need to know then next to R there is the second thing you need to know and 3rd look for the letter next to D and at last see what is next to Y.

for the 10000time if your brain is capable of understanding, this game used to work fine for me until the last patch which came out some days ago and as it seems you have understanding issues i read somewhere you say do not expect support for this game but on the other hand when people say supporting this game by moving it to new server is a mistake you disagree with them. Relic doesnt give a free game to anyone so stop posting craps on my post kk thx bye!

I never personally attacked you so relax. Funny how you are still "speaking" to me though.

I understood that this a new issue for you, but if they had to move the servers it's for a reason. I'm just saying that I don't expect anything anymore from an 8 year game especially not for multiplayer. Look at all the games that are not even playable now since Gamespy shut down. Like I said, it's one thing to bring up the issue but another to complain about the situation.
9 Aug 2014, 18:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

What needs to be said has been said. Time to look for fresh pastures.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★