Login

russian armor

Post 7/31 Patch Katyusha Test (see vid)

1 Aug 2014, 09:07 AM

Rocket Artillery Vehicles really should be doing less, overall, than Field Artillery pieces.

Especially considering the mobility of the former.

I think a rough benchmark of Field Artillery is a good thing to keep in mind when considering how "good" Rocket Artillery Vehicles finally even out to be.

Static shell artillery: Offmaps and field artillery range are two things in which one makes it useless and the other keeps it from being useful (other than static artillery being static and doctrinal). I see no reason how a giant spray of rockets could be less effective than one artillery piece firing a barrage. All artillery can only be effective in numbers, but this game favors rocket artillery because it can do better on its own than the former.
1 Aug 2014, 09:30 AM

Yeah. You completely missed the point.
1 Aug 2014, 09:30 AM

I got planty games played as Soviet so you don't have to educate me on this.

If you're trying to say Soviet player can't field more than one Katyusha than my own experience and recent games I played state otherwise.

If you're comparing tech cost again then I'll repeat that I wasn't referring to the tech cost nor I find it relevant to how many units a player can field. It only determines how fast they will arrive.

Plenty of games doesn't mean knowledge, heck some people have 1000 of games and still play like noobs. Outside of some campy maps, what you suggested sounds more like the nooby scenario.
1 Aug 2014, 09:35 AM

Yeah. You completely missed the point.

I saw no point that could prove a point... if that made sense. It would be a pointless decision that would require tons of revamping. Should is the word that falls very short once it meets the reality. It isnt, so it doesnt matter if it should. How both artillery are used wont change if mobile MLRS stays mobile MLRS and static shell artillery remains static shell artillery, given everything in place. So should is a whim.

If explaining why rocket artillery will always be more effective than static shell artillery isnt answering the point... then why? Static artillery vs. Rocket artillery is also a serious matter.
1 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 09:30 AMAbdul

Plenty of games doesn't mean knowledge, heck some people have 1000 of games and still play like noobs. Outside of some campy maps, what you suggested sounds more like the nooby scenario.

So I repeat because you suddenly decided to attack me rather than provide a valid point.

I have very deep understanding of Soviet faction backed up by my "in game" experience I gained while playing as them.

I played as Soviet since the release and even though I shifted towards OKW/OH recently, when I play a game as SU from time to time, it feels like "going home"
1 Aug 2014, 10:27 AM

I tested the Katjusha yesterday in a 4v4 Game,

And i saw the OKW Health-Headquarter. And yes, NOT many kills. The Katjusha needs really again a buff. Please.
1 Aug 2014, 12:53 PM

I saw no point that could prove a point... if that made sense.

I have no idea what you are rambling about, except I do know you have completely missed the point of my post twice now.
I can tell, cos what you write is not related, at all, to what my actual point was.

Lets just agree to drop it there.
Vaz
1 Aug 2014, 12:58 PM

The cooldown really kills it. If you catch a blob you can do some damage, but the extra wait feels a little too long, considering your only really having an effect on infantry. With the lowered effective AOE infantry are recovering pretty quick, so unless a player alternates between 2, you can't control a blobber with it. Other methods have to be used, like demo charges. If the cooldown was back to 70 or the effective AOE was increased from 1.5 back to approx 2.5, then it would be more worth it.

The one saving grace though, is precision strike, ironically. It will now obliterate a single squad, where before the 7/21 patch it would not. So OKW watch those vet5 squads, haha.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 9
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak