Login

russian armor

Patch: July 31st

2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 13 Aug 2014, 15:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Correct. I've updated the previous post to properly reflect my point. The Katyusha is still better than it was prior to July 22 excluding the increase in cooldown - which I mentioned is open to being modified.
13 Aug 2014, 16:23 PM

If possible, could we get a UI update on the circle that has mid/far range? Im pretty sure people have no idea where the mid and far is exactly
13 Aug 2014, 22:03 PM

What I got from the conversion between Cruzz and PQ is that the Katyusha is better than it was previously, kinda, mattering on if you take the cool down into consideration or not.

Yahhhhh
13 Aug 2014, 23:24 PM

Weird, when i used the Katty it wasnt as godlike as before but it did pretty good damage to infantry. Still a worthwhile unit imo.
14 Aug 2014, 12:08 PM

Single Katiusha is still pretty crap.
Pair is usable, but a pair always was an option.
14 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

Single katyusha is still good vs OKW.
14 Aug 2014, 15:41 PM

Katusha remained good? LOL! After the patch on July 31, Germans spamming blob 7 infantry squad and they do not care at Katusha. Relic you even played the game that will make?
Vaz
14 Aug 2014, 16:27 PM

I'm still finding it useful. I don't know why people seemed to think that direct hits aren't going to wipe squads. They were doing that before july22, just no one was building and using kats. How often during vcoh2 did you have an opportunity to drive close range to ostheer base and kat the infantry at the hq? That's almost impossible, but not with OKW.

Sitting in the middle of the map it's easy to receive a close range kat blast. In that situation, even the pre 7/22 kat would obliterate everything at the hq. Those rockets each do enough to kill whatever infantry get's hit directly. usually those infantry are not at full health either. So for that situation, I think it was a matter of people not building it which made the 7/22 kat seem like more than it was. The only problem with the 7/22 kat was the rockets obliterating all buildings pretty quickly (1 or 2 volleys).

Right now if your tightly packed axis squad eats a rocket, they are all going to die. Same for all the other rockets in the game. So in that respect it's normal to have squad wipes and it's pretty close to impossible to keep these units relevant without losing that attribute.
14 Aug 2014, 17:11 PM

Katyusha is the most RNG dependent of all mobile arty units.
I don't have complains about the damage it does. Is how this damage is delivered that I don't like at all.

Salvo barrages of 4 rockets each are too easy to avoid after the first salvo, so against an enemy blob you only have 4 effective rockets which they are absolutely RNG dependent.

Pzwerfer and Stuka are much more regular in the way they distribute their damage. Summing up that katyusha is the biggest and weakest of all three, makes it a sub-par unit with a stupidly long cooldown time.

Katyusha really need some buffs, but not in damage.
14 Aug 2014, 17:15 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Should be cut the cooldown time of Katy.
15 Aug 2014, 08:33 AM

Correct. I've updated the previous post to properly reflect my point. The Katyusha is still better than it was prior to July 22 excluding the increase in cooldown - which I mentioned is open to being modified.

The werfer and SU85 need a buff more than the Kat IMO.
15 Aug 2014, 08:45 AM

Ideally Id like to see it as:

Kat: Wide AoE template, small damage, wide missile AoE. Rate of impact as is. CD long.

PWerfer: Smallish AoE template, large damage, smallish missile AoE. Rate of impact as is. CD slightly shorter than Kat.

Stuka: AoE template long but narrow, large damage, small missile AoE. Rate of impact slower. CD slightly longer than Kat.

Im largely ambivalent to the range efficiency, but would prefer it if it was in the order of Stuka>Pwerfer>Kat, owing to the number of impacts and relative cost, as supported by the general profiles above and as considered against the unit model count of respective targets.
15 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM

The katyusha (and panzerwerfer) would be fine if they had their old cooldown back.
15 Aug 2014, 11:06 AM

Katusha remained good? LOL! After the patch on July 31, Germans spamming blob 7 infantry squad and they do not care at Katusha. Relic you even played the game that will make?

There is always some luck involved. I still frequently lose full squads to Katyusha in first volley and I don't even blob.
15 Aug 2014, 16:46 PM

To add up, Katyusha is useless in maps with lots of buildings like E. Station (as the rockets impacts against the buildings), while Pzwerfer and Stuka retain its usefulness.

Salvo barrages are terrible compared to the rain of rockets that Stuka/pwerfer do.
Katyusha underperfomance is not a question of damage or AoE, it's a design issue.
15 Aug 2014, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 16:46 PMGreeb
To add up, Katyusha is useless in maps with lots of buildings like E. Station (as the rockets impacts against the buildings), while Pzwerfer and Stuka retain its usefulness.

Salvo barrages are terrible compared to the rain of rockets that Stuka/pwerfer do.
Katyusha underperfomance is not a question of damage or AoE, it's a design issue.

kat if fine.
pwerf is fine.
stuka is fine.

build more than one kat?
15 Aug 2014, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 11:06 AMgokkel

There is always some luck involved. I still frequently lose full squads to Katyusha in first volley and I don't even blob.

You said it: "luck involved"

Sometimes it wipes squads, sometimes zero rockets hit anything. Too much RNG dependent, like a mortar.

Pzwerfer and Stuka are more reliable in the way they deliver damage. At least, if Katy has to retain the failed salvo barrage, it should suppress to be a reliable blob control weapon.
15 Aug 2014, 17:30 PM

katyusha is below average, and costs too much for what you get

panzerwefer is a little better, but total cost to get it is a bit much still

stuka is still OP. The best artillery in the game, easily outclassing all rocket, howitzer and most off-map arty.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 83
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak