Login

russian armor

OKW tactical nuke needs to be fixed

31 Jul 2014, 06:31 AM

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rp6gleSyDw

I was playing some team games with a friend today and came across this broken strategy. Scavenge Doctrine can wipe out a USF base if they have vision and approximately 700 munitions with the 105mm Howitzer call in. This is a big problem because it effortlessly removes a player from the game. The recent (massive) munitions buff makes this even more effective.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Why? Because having your base destroyed by four mouse clicks is not fun. Its very simple to save munitions as the Scavenge Doctrine commander since it plays like partisans only better. And partisans (or Light Jaegers) rarely use munitions and in fact, gain munitions from scavenging after killing weapon teams!.

How it works:
1. Have a player scout a USF player's base. Recon plane is effective here for 80 munitions from another player with the appropriate commander or a tank will work.
2. Have 700 munitions with Scavenge Doctrine and 105mm call in available. Use it on USF player's base.
3. You have now limited the options of one player on the opposing team. It will take at least 5 minutes until they can rebuild their entire base or about 90 seconds per building.
4. Repeat if desired.

Proposed fixes:
(feel free to pick any)
- Make USF buildings more resistant to artillery because they are so closed together.
- Give bases AA guns to prevent recon planes scouting the main base (so they will have to risk a tank at the very least).
- Reduce rebuild time of USF bases. Perhaps enable them at 1/4 build.
- Decrease munitions income of Scavenge Doctrine.
- Decrease munitions/damage ratio of 105mm barrage.
- Decrease building damage of 105mm barrage.
- Decrease munitions salvage of Light Jaeger infantry and possibly remove their teleporters as well. (Also make partisans more effective because Light Jaeger are the new partisans).
- Don't allow artillery on base sectors. -braciszek
- Decrease radius of 105mm barrage. (The radius is huge, this could work on Soviet players too because of how big the radius is). -Rocket
-> Along with radius decrease, decrease amount of rounds dropped.

Also, as a side note, please buff Partisan Commander so it can play like Scavenge Doctrine.

31 Jul 2014, 06:36 AM

Not allow the offmap to target base sectors? ...

Your base is your last safe haven, and its a blow to the stomach if the enemy can simply call hell when he is in a difficult situation, in which you cant do anything about it.
31 Jul 2014, 06:42 AM

Defiantly complete bullshit at 18 mins he Basicly took me out of the game. If I wasn't rifle commander I would not of been able to contribute anything to the team. Also it cost like 320 mp to call in two echoes and I believe it takes longer than 90 seconds per building I mean I was even using a crew member and both echoes. Plus my ambulance was there obviously I also seen no flares to warn it was comming now also think if all my units had been there after retreating!? I mean wtf if I had another commander I wouldn't of been able to do anything and then before I could fully repair it he calls it in again and also wipes the other players units that came to help. So I lost whole base ambulance had to use 320 mp to call echoes in to repair potentially could of lost any other vehicles or inf by my base which wouldn't of been out of the norm also the inf that did survive I couldn't immediately reinforce cause of the mp lost on echoes and the fact my base and ambulance were gone to reinforce
31 Jul 2014, 06:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Yet its not bullshit that katyusha can easily wipe out OKW builings. OK MATE
31 Jul 2014, 06:52 AM

Boohoo you have easy to use nations that can attack move to win. Soviets have B4, Incendry etc Get over it.

I suggest you enjoy this exploit while you still can. You seem to have trouble with the easiest Allied players.
31 Jul 2014, 06:54 AM

Yet its not bullshit that katusha can easily wipe out OKW builings. OK MATE

Yet to do that the Katusha needs to move up in the map and takes several hits to destroy ONE base building while it moves up it can easily be taken out with one puma or just counter Arty like walking Stuka. Clown.
31 Jul 2014, 07:01 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The flaming has to stop,please. Invised a couple of posts to stop this getting out of hand
31 Jul 2014, 08:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

invised a few more. :)
31 Jul 2014, 09:54 AM

Arty should not kill builings.
But what did you expect from 4 vs 4? It's just a trololo mode. Can't imagine that this would happen in 2 vs 2 or lower.
31 Jul 2014, 10:22 AM

Yeah, it seems over the top to be able to destroy a whole base with one arty strike.

Maybe it should have its max damage capped at say 500muni level? After that no improvement? Or what someone said about not being able to use it on a base sector.

The "4-click base destroy" really reminded me of Katyusha...

So yes, some kind of change is needed cos the US cannot spread their base out to avoid this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment