Login

russian armor

Comparison of Kat & Stuka after heavy usage

PAGES (7)down
31 Jul 2014, 15:27 PM

It's just stupid design. Dealing with that flak truck is almost impossible. Nothing can sight for your AT gun, it destroys light tanks and infantry.

I can't blame anyone for artillerying that shit to death.

+1

I got two flack trucks in the middle of Kharkov last night plus spam of schreck volks+obers.

Seriously, what other thing can I do besides spamming Katys and let them rain death from above?

At least AT guns should realliably kill that building, but they do few damage and Flak Truck has more LoS than them. Should I be forced to take a recon doctrine to safely shoot it? Maybe downtech to T1 for making a sniper spotter? That's BS.

31 Jul 2014, 15:29 PM

I guess now people can calm their shit and keep playing.
Katiusha still will punish blobbing and wipe squads, but trucks are safe.
31 Jul 2014, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 15:27 PMGreeb

+1

I got two flack trucks in the middle of Kharkov last night plus spam of schreck volks+obers.

Seriously, what other thing can I do besides spamming Katys and let them rain death from above?

At least AT guns should realliably kill that building, but they do few damage and Flak Truck has more LoS than them. Should I be forced to take a recon doctrine to safely shoot it? Maybe downtech to T1 for making a sniper spotter? That's BS.

I agree it shouldn't be a super-hard structure that people can park anywhere and not worry about. But there are already ways to kil it that you didn't mention and so I'd like to suggest them.

1: Mortar / Mortar smoke + demo charge from several penals. This is very strong and your number one bet. Walk in without taking damage, drop the charges, run.

2: SU85 with sight ability

3: snipers have flares to sight for AT

4: Jackson

The further in-field he parks his truck, the easier this will be for you.
31 Jul 2014, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 15:27 PMGreeb

+1

regular/Heavy mortar, incendary arty, offmap arty, onmap arty, ZiS etc etc etc.

Adapt, l2p.
31 Jul 2014, 15:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Why does this thread even exist? This has been discussed to death already.
31 Jul 2014, 16:08 PM

regular/Heavy mortar, incendary arty , offmap arty, onmap arty, ZiS etc etc etc.

Adapt, l2p .

Did you seriously play the game??

Heavy mortar and offmap arty are doctrinal. ZiS needs a spotter, and only heavy tanks can do that against Flack Truck.

Penals? seriously? What kind of player can let their truck get demolished by satchels at midgame? Not one above top 2000.

Only suggested nondoctrinal counters viable are mortars (taking a couple of years) and SU85/T34 spam which they will have a hard time dealing with the schreck blob, raketenwerfers/FlackTruck itself and the OKW tanks.

After years complaining about british trucks in CoH1, do OKW players forgot how boring is to deal with reinforcing trucks in the middle of the map? Do you not understand why people spam katyushas against that boring gameplay?

31 Jul 2014, 16:55 PM

i can kill flak trucks with stuarts. they are easily taken out.maybe try attacking from the rear where the turret has to traverse to kill you?

You can't always decide where to approach the truck though, and traverse doesn't matter for but a few seconds, it still does enough damage to light vehicles to make it prone to being one shot by any other AT that is there. The theory has never held up in practice, it does consistent damage to light and medium armor. Anyway, it's off topic I guess.
31 Jul 2014, 17:00 PM

Long story short, katyusha and werfer changed, so stop whining.

However, this game will still be blobby and campy at the end of the day with OKW trucks and the same design flaws that people hated and moaned about the british for.

Do we learn from our mistakes, or not?
31 Jul 2014, 17:13 PM

I'd rather have useless arty than gamebreaking arty, so cheers to that patch.
31 Jul 2014, 17:17 PM

I'd rather have useless arty than gamebreaking arty, so cheers to that patch.

I bet that.
Especially if that useless arty is on the other side.
31 Jul 2014, 20:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One post invisibuled. Please do not disrepect the Devs. Thanks! :)
31 Jul 2014, 20:14 PM

the things people will bitch about...

40 damage on a deflected hit, yet at most, youll maybe hit a tank with 2-3 shots. a whopping 120 extra damage, and thats if all 3 of those shots deflected. if they dont deflect, the damage is unchanged. considering stukas aoe pen and the chance of hitting multiple shells on a single tank, extremely minor buff.

EDIT: bloodnok already cleaned it up. keep up the good work ;)
Vaz
31 Jul 2014, 20:14 PM

I bet the kat will still do the job I need it for. The weakness still exists and I can do a minimum of 320 damage if I can get close enough to let all rockets hit the truck. The rockets still kill soldiers that eat a direct hit, and it worked for me before the buff. The katyusha is still the best choice to force okw off the map.
31 Jul 2014, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 20:14 PMVaz
The weakness still exists and I can do a minimum of 320 damage if I can get close enough to let all rockets hit the truck.

building armor is so low, a katyusha will pen 100%, so deflection damage is not used. if all shots hit, you will still do 1280 damage. thats over 50% of the flak trucks hp.
Vaz
31 Jul 2014, 20:22 PM

That's good to know, is it 2000 health? I've never looked, but I get real irritated when I have to sit there for so long beating away at them with at gun or tanks.
31 Jul 2014, 20:27 PM

1600 on the flak. so its actually over 75% of the hp. the other tiers have 1920
31 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM

I want this commander's artillery. Then I'll repeat all the arguments here about the Katyusha being fine and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJyGcHSqbc

Just don't blob, bro, just dodge, it's fine.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak