Login

russian armor

doc priest is the least effective/most expensive mobile ary

28 Jul 2014, 16:38 PM

usf priest howitzer is the most expensive mobile arty in game, and its doctrinal later game cp unit, but still under performs all other mobile arty. its vet 1 ability is weak for 50 muni cuz it shoots to slow. relic should make a change to this unit. faster shooting, more splash or something idk but something
28 Jul 2014, 16:39 PM

It can't be dive bombed.

That enough ensures its best arty piece in game.
28 Jul 2014, 16:44 PM

yea it cant, but no mobile arty can... and for the efficiency it does on the field its not enough for price. pwerfer and kat and stuka will kill more units. mp draining. and there not doctrinal 9 cp. it barrages for so long u can have enough time to counter it easily
28 Jul 2014, 16:47 PM

50 munitions is cheep consitering how much damage that barrage can be. Wouldnt build more then 1, because you needs units to support it.
28 Jul 2014, 16:48 PM

Definitely a team game unit. I like the priest due its range. It is also more durable than the rocket trucks.

Also, the shells do major damage of vehicles and structures unlike the rockets. OKW trucks are especially vulnerable. The Priests are better vs. OKW than vs. Ost.
28 Jul 2014, 16:54 PM

all that range with not so good accuracy. should get more splash atleast at longest ranges. I like hoe its possible to dmg tanks but they will move most likely. and a direct hit on stuka truck wont kill the stuka btw
28 Jul 2014, 17:05 PM

the ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time is wat all other mobile arty can do, but not this unit. that's what makes pwerfer and stuka shine so much and ppl don't see that. katy makes up for its long barrages with its accuracy and lethality so should the priest. cant forget the worst part about this unit is its doctrinal, so it takes longer to deploy, and uses up a spot on the commander u use
28 Jul 2014, 17:13 PM

It should fire more than 3 shots per barrage. That's all the needs fixing.
28 Jul 2014, 17:17 PM

I think it does shoot more then 3 shots already if im not mistaken
28 Jul 2014, 17:20 PM

The last time I used it it fired 3 times on normal barrage, and like 5 or 6 on creeping barrage.
28 Jul 2014, 17:47 PM

I just checked a replay its 5 normal barrage and 5-6 creeping
28 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

Worse than Stuka. Slow rate fire, easy to avoid after first hit, doctrinal, higher price, less shell for each barrage.
28 Jul 2014, 17:56 PM

It has great Area denial tho, you are forgetting this, drop it on a FP or VP that someone is trying to cap and it'll keep them off it for a long time.

Other Mobile artillery, fire their barrage and are done with it, you either deal damage or don't then have to sit around waiting for the cool down.
28 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

I just checked a replay its 5 normal barrage and 5-6 creeping

Weird, well then either they changed it or my priest bugged out for some reason.
28 Jul 2014, 18:41 PM

so ppl pay 480mp 115 fuel on a doc mobile arty for area denial for 12 secs? its not worth its cost. it needs to kill things. imo just give it more aoe and leave price alone
28 Jul 2014, 18:49 PM

I wish the creeping barrage aimer was like vcoh(dots where rockets fell). Thats all. The preist is effective at what it does. Can pen and dmg the heavyest of tanks. Good area denial. It comes late because of how usefull it is.
This comander in general is my saving grace vs a well dug in okw. Yes even the mortar halftrack.
28 Jul 2014, 18:50 PM

Katyusha, Panzerwerfer and Walking Stuka are rocket artillery, which saturate an area with a lot of rockets. The first two lack the punch to tackle most even slightly armored units, while the latter is ineffective against single targets.
Priest is no rocket artillery, but something in the middle between the Howitzer and the leFH. It's price is higher than both of those, but considering that it's mobile and packs such a punch I think it's fine. It's definitely a unit that needs to be protected more and should be fielded later than the rocket artillery, but I can't see any problems performance wise.
28 Jul 2014, 23:28 PM

I use creeping barrage like an accurate strike from the katyusha since you know where the first round will land; you can position accordingly. Plus its 50 mun vs 60 mun. Some savings there from the increased doctrinal cost lol.

Also you can use its machine gun when you are dominating your enemy and they are about to lose.
28 Jul 2014, 23:34 PM

Weird, well then either they changed it or my priest bugged out for some reason.

There is a weird bug where if the priest/katyusha destroy all buildings in their attack radius, then they automatically cancel all future barrages, even if you wanted it to kill more infantry, and the fact you get ripped off because you have to endure the same cooldown timer.
29 Jul 2014, 00:40 AM

In team games we never get it. It probably does have some utility against forward bases / MGs in buildings, but I'd rather have the M8 Scott all day every day, since that has substantial utility as a supporting unit, comes sooner, is cheaper to replace if you lose it etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★