Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
24 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 18:12 PMwooof

how do you lose 3 squads and tanks if youre not blobbing? in fact, how the hell do you even lose a tank at all?

He pulls out a tank to rep > close up with Stuka > kills crew, tank or both.
24 Jul 2014, 18:20 PM

He pulls out a tank to rep > close up with Stuka > kills crew, tank or both.

You repair when no one is around... OKW must be maphacking to see that.
24 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

You repair when no one is around... OKW must be maphacking to see that.

or you know? ir ht.
24 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM

I find countering the okw area denial trucks very hard, especially in 2vs2. And they come so early and basically can not be touched until heavy tanks arrive. I still don't know how to do it as USA. Kat helps soviets there.
And panzerwerfer always were better than Kat's, don't even mention stuka. Why not bring them in line? Maybe they overshot in their goal to do that, or maybe people need time to adopt and not put okw trucks as overpowered area denial tools in the front line. Or both of those.

Edit: with heavy tanks I mean the heavier tanks soviet and us have: t34 and Sherman. Or alike.
24 Jul 2014, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 18:12 PMwooof

how do you lose 3 squads and tanks if youre not blobbing? in fact, how the hell do you even lose a tank at all?

he is playing edelbruck station on 4v4, thats how.
24 Jul 2014, 19:19 PM

Because allies had to learn not to blob, and even then walking stuka can single handedly destroy 2-3 squads and tanks.

This is a knee jerk reaction to the same thing.

Relic obviously intended this as there is a 300+ thread on why the walking stuka is broken so they probably wanted the other rocket arty brought in line. It needs a cost increase, thats it.

Thanks, but I asked him.

Meaning I want to hear his justification.
24 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

Thanks, but I asked him.

Meaning I want to hear his justification.

Lienz foest, as soon as you hear it firing you have to retreat all squads and weapon teams and even then it's a potential wipe.

I had an mg, and 2 rifle squads running after I got scanned as well as a Sherman repairing in the back. He got the Sherman the mg squad and most of both rifles by firing backwards.

A lot of the maps have narrow choke points that can't be easily avoided, plus many times the stuka bombs will insta kill setup teams that can't get out fast enough.

I don't see a Kat doing that
24 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

Plus why is it okay that the Germans get a fucking nuclear bomb carrier with no scatter that routinely wiped squads but everyone is outraged over the Kat actually being useful?

24 Jul 2014, 19:48 PM

A lot of the maps have narrow choke points that can't be easily avoided, plus many times the stuka bombs will insta kill setup teams that can't get out fast enough.

I don't see a Kat doing that

you fucking kidding right? kat destroys mgs and paks there is nothing that can be done. don't even go into okw. kat destroys their base buildings 1 or 2 strikes. fuck with armor pen bulletin in can even destroy p4's. kat can do this over and over and over every minute.
24 Jul 2014, 19:51 PM
Donator 22

and we will never see a pak43 again :*(
24 Jul 2014, 19:56 PM

you fucking kidding right? kat destroys mgs and paks there is nothing that can be done. don't even go into okw. kat destroys their base buildings 1 or 2 strikes. fuck with armor pen bulletin in can even destroy p4's. kat can do this over and over and over every minute.

We know that damage vs buildings is way out of whack. And yes I have killed setup teams with the Kat and have also lost them repeatedly to the stuka.

I have never seen a Kat damage armor however and I have had 3 of them firing on a tank. The exception was the jagd which got stunned by the rockets, but it always gets stunned when damaged.

I think a price increase is justified but making the cooldown equivalent is absurd consider the difference in damage output.
24 Jul 2014, 20:01 PM

I think a price increase is justified but making the cooldown equivalent is absurd consider the difference in damage output.

I am. Kat every 60 seconds with this damage is way better.
24 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

I am. Kat every 60 seconds with this damage is way better.

Stuka does all of its damage instantly.

Kat takes quite a while and acts as an area denial weapon.

Your problem is you don't seem to feel you should lose anything to an artillery weapon. Vs the allies who have dealt with fucking stuka wipes since launch and have far fewer counters. Oh and you even get a nifty infra red half track for extra hilarity.

Therefore it makes no sense to double its fucking cool down. The problem is they are too easy to field so they need to be more expensive.

Additionally fals popping out of buildings can insta kill these with a faust and I am already seeing people in team games adapting.

Give it a week and reassess.
24 Jul 2014, 20:18 PM

This sums up everything in one sentence.

Your entire argument is just ridiculous at this point. Of course you're okay with a price increase! Who cares about some extra nickles when you can instantly wipe out bases, armies, artillery, and light armor.
24 Jul 2014, 20:20 PM

yes, lets consider the difference in damage. like milka said, 16 rockets at 160 damage is 2560 damage. compare that to 6 rockets at 200 damage which is only 1200 damage.

considering it only takes a single rocket for a squad wipe, ill take 16 over 6

Stuka does all of its damage instantly.

Kat takes quite a while and acts as an area denial weapon.

the katyusha is also unpredictable and hits faster. you have less time to react and the rockets will hit more than just a straight line. you can even manipulate katyusha scatter to your advantage. if you want to quickly destroy a building, get close. if you want a large amount of spread to hit units that arent in a blob, barrage from max range.

Additionally fals popping out of buildings can insta kill these with a faust and I am already seeing people in team games adapting.

if only soviets had cheaper AT infantry that also spawned from buildings.
24 Jul 2014, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:20 PMwooof

yes, lets consider the difference in damage. like milka said, 16 rockets at 160 damage is 2560 damage. compare that to 6 rockets at 200 damage which is only 1200 damage.

considering it only takes a single rocket for a squad wipe, ill take 16 over 6

the katyusha is also unpredictable and hits faster. you have less time to react and the rockets will hit more than just a straight line. you can even manipulate katyusha scatter to your advantage. if you want to quickly destroy a building, get close. if you want a large amount of spread to hit units that arent in a blob, barrage from max range.

Are you actually suggesting someone might actually use the partisan doctrine lol? That actually made me laugh.

Yes over the course of what 20s the Kat will do more damage to an area? Are you going to sit there for 20s and get shelled or move?

And yes let's drive our art that dies to a stiff breeze to point blank range shall we?
24 Jul 2014, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:20 PMwooof

Not that I think the Kat is fine, but if a Soviet player takes that doctrine he's pretty much already lost. Luftwaffe doctrine is semi-viable, Partisans quite simply aren't.
24 Jul 2014, 20:25 PM

The shoe is on the other foot and jerry doesn't like it.

"just don't blob"
24 Jul 2014, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:25 PMArclyte
The shoe is on the other foot and jerry doesn't like it.

"just don't blob"

It's actually hilarious how it's the exact reverse situation in the stuka thread. You have a handful of allied players saying it's broken and an overwhelming majority of Germans saying it's fine.

I think the majority of the forums just plays Germans.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86
unknown 10
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %