Login

russian armor

Post Patch WFA Grenades

23 Jul 2014, 09:39 AM

Overall- I approve. Just to get that out of the way. OKW and USF have reasonably reliable garrison clearing now.

But anybody else think there have been a few... oversights, with the new values? Two of them, to be exact.

The first would be fighting positions. Which, acting as teeny tiny garrisons, now instantly lose any squad inside to even Volksgren nades. I appreciate from a realism point of view that you just threw a grenade into a ditch with 4 guys in, but it seems a little excessive.

And the second is the new impact of infiltration nades, especially if thrown over LoS blockers. Which were already pretty devastating, and are now 100% squad wipes of anything indoors ever for 10 muni.

Thoughts?
23 Jul 2014, 09:40 AM

23 Jul 2014, 09:41 AM

Well I like how grenades got more powerful but I agree that the infiltration nades are a bit strong now. Maybe raise price a bit since the West Germans get full ammo generation now.
23 Jul 2014, 09:42 AM

Tad bit devastating, and I would think a tweak so that grenades are not so deadly might make it better. But alas, there is always moving out of the way, unless you lag like I do.
23 Jul 2014, 10:32 AM

Overall- I approve. Just to get that out of the way. OKW and USF have reasonably reliable garrison clearing now.

But anybody else think there have been a few... oversights, with the new values? Two of them, to be exact.

The first would be fighting positions. Which, acting as teeny tiny garrisons, now instantly lose any squad inside to even Volksgren nades. I appreciate from a realism point of view that you just threw a grenade into a ditch with 4 guys in, but it seems a little excessive.

And the second is the new impact of infiltration nades, especially if thrown over LoS blockers. Which were already pretty devastating, and are now 100% squad wipes of anything indoors ever for 10 muni.

Thoughts?

You got plenty of time to get out of the building so it's ok.
23 Jul 2014, 10:41 AM

You got plenty of time to get out of the building so it's ok.

A satchel charge is 'plenty of time'

Infiltration nades are just nades. Five of them at bargain bin price.

Making use of LoS means unless my opponent is lucky and looking where they're thrown, they have about a second to react, find and move the squad before it becomes thin red smears on the walls, no matter what squad it is.

A small window of opportunity is little justification for a 10 muni instant gibbing from 3cp, IMO.
23 Jul 2014, 11:08 AM

Infiltration Nade was already full dmg.
MKII and Volks nade got changed, rest stayed I think. Need to verify. Infil nade uses the Assault Grenadier Grenade, so that was already this way.
23 Jul 2014, 11:14 AM

Infiltration Nade was already full dmg.
MKII and Volks nade got changed, rest stayed I think. Need to verify. Infil nade uses the Assault Grenadier Grenade, so that was already this way.

No, it was 0.75 damage. So was the obersoldaten smoke damage over time nade. They both got moved up to 1.0 damage. So while their change was smaller, they still got buffed.
23 Jul 2014, 11:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Considering OKW earns 100% of munitions from strategic and munitions points I think the Infiltration grenades cost should be increased at least by 5 munitions, if not 10.
23 Jul 2014, 11:27 AM

A satchel charge is 'plenty of time'

Infiltration nades are just nades. Five of them at bargain bin price.

Making use of LoS means unless my opponent is lucky and looking where they're thrown, they have about a second to react, find and move the squad before it becomes thin red smears on the walls, no matter what squad it is.

A small window of opportunity is little justification for a 10 muni instant gibbing from 3cp, IMO.

No. Normal genades are plenty of time as I said before + throw animation couldn't be more obvious. You only get bigger timer with Satchel because its blast radius is much bigger.

On the side note however I believe there is a bug with grenades AoE radius as on few occasions my squads were gibed instantly despite being out of range (or almost on the edge). It looked like they were killed by a wind blast coming from the explosion rather than explosion itself.
Did anyone notice the same thing?
23 Jul 2014, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 11:14 AMCruzz

No, it was 0.75 damage. So was the obersoldaten smoke damage over time nade. They both got moved up to 1.0 damage. So while their change was smaller, they still got buffed.

Assault Grenadier Stielhandgranate, excerpt of the old version:
| | | tp_garrison_cover: {
| | | | accuracy_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | damage_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | penetration_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | suppression_multiplier: 0f;
| | | };

Full data:
http://pastebin.com/3yuryh0a

Assault Grenadier Stielhandgranate, excerpt of the new version:
| | | tp_garrison_cover: {
| | | | accuracy_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | damage_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | penetration_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | suppression_multiplier: 0f;
| | | };

Full data:
http://pastebin.com/wUB143LG

Excerpt of the "Infiltration Grenade" ability:
| | | start_target_actions: [
| | | | use_accessory_weapon: {
| | | | | $REF: "action\use_accessory_weapon.lua";
| | | | | 0x3251A3EE: 275457;
| | | | | accessory_weapon_item: "axis_assault_grenadier_grenade";
| | | | | decrement_accessory_item: "";
| | | | | entity_target_only: false;
| | | | | force_squad_to_target: false;
| | | | | no_decrement: true;
| | | | | number_of_shots: 1f;
| | | | | target_info: {
| | | | | | $REF: "type_ability_target_type\all.lua";
| | | | | };
| | | | };

Full data:
http://pastebin.com/cnLQzfLb

So please don't tell me that this grenade was .75

Hell, I even suggested that buff to Relic because every single Infiltration grenade effectively dealt MORE damage than the Volksgrenadier Stielhandgranate (bigger AoE, same damage), which was just ridiculous. This way you do not need a flamethrower early as both factions, as grenades once again are actually useful at clearing buildings.
23 Jul 2014, 11:50 AM

So please don't tell me that this grenade was .75

Yeah, you're right. I just noticed that the waffen assault stielgranate was changed from 0.75 to 1 and assumed that this was the ability used for infiltration as the other grenades under west german wouldn't fit.
23 Jul 2014, 13:12 PM

On the side note however I believe there is a bug with grenades AoE radius as on few occasions my squads were gibed instantly despite being out of range (or almost on the edge). It looked like they were killed by a wind blast coming from the explosion rather than explosion itself.
Did anyone notice the same thing?

I noticed this, I am effectively out of range yet still get a few deaths. (???)
23 Jul 2014, 13:18 PM

Maybe it's because the shockwave collapsed the victims lungs and damaged internal organs. #realism
23 Jul 2014, 14:20 PM

i tought the ammo income was increased, because one wasnt able to get upgrades/ use abilites. so wouldnt a cost increase in inflitration nades negate that to a certain extent? but then 10 munis is really cheap and it wasnt an issue before the buff. one could always spare 10 munis, i guess... you might be right about them being to cheap now
23 Jul 2014, 15:07 PM

But what about the 120s cooldown of this ability? Infiltration nade and schreck is the only thing that makes volks usable in late game. And nobody use Ober for inf nade unless the other side has gone afk. If this ability cost is to increase, at least reduce the cooldown or allow sturmpio to use this ability because the stun nade is pretty lackluster.
23 Jul 2014, 16:12 PM

10 munis is probably too cheap for the damage it does. Plus I agree that grenades shouldn't be inst-jibbing all the time.

But does it actually happen to full-health squads? Could you post a replay where assault grenades insta-jib?
23 Jul 2014, 16:14 PM

10 munis is probably too cheap for the damage it does. Plus I agree that grenades shouldn't be inst-jibbing all the time.

But does it actually happen to full-health squads? Could you post a replay where assault grenades insta-jib?

New patch. I'll let you know once I have a good replay of a squad vanishing to the full five nades.
23 Jul 2014, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 09:41 AMsteel
Well I like how grenades got more powerful but I agree that the infiltration nades are a bit strong now. Maybe raise price a bit since the West Germans get full ammo generation now.

I completely agree.

A lot of OKW munition abilities need to be tweaked up in cost.
23 Jul 2014, 16:57 PM

Did we all forget that the Infiltration nades are doctrinal?
10 or 15 muni should be enough.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS