Login

russian armor

Maxims vs the OKW

PAGES (9)down
18 Jul 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 17:53 PMCptEend

And if a sturm pio pulls of a flank you've generally lost your Maxim because of its horrible retreat animation. I lose Maxims way more often than MG42s.

If you allow the SP to flank you then you have not been paying attention mate. And what you describe is classic case of bad luck. of all the men in the maxim squad the one pushing the gun continually gets killed.
18 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

maxim suppression should be decreased. allot. or a price increase to 300mp
18 Jul 2014, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 15:21 PMJaigen
QQ I am bad player

I'd give a more constructive response but we went through all this tripe in the last thread and you can just go read that.
18 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

Turning this into the DHSK is not a solution. Bad suppression, super expensive. We don't need another one.
18 Jul 2014, 20:03 PM

18 Jul 2014, 20:32 PM

DSHKA is great, i love it.
19 Jul 2014, 00:12 AM

I like imperial dane suggestion by nerfing the range of the maxim perhaps it should be around the kubelwagons range
19 Jul 2014, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 00:12 AMJaigen
I like imperial dane suggestion by nerfing the range of the maxim perhaps it should be around the kubelwagons range

I agree

Maxim should have range and arc reduced while mg42 a bit wider arc and a bit of a range. Asymetric faction design and all that
19 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 00:23 AMChegwin

I agree

Maxim should have range and arc reduced while mg42 a bit wider arc and a bit of a range. Asymetric faction design and all that

What about axis higher DPS, slow remmaning of mg (this is for all support weapons), no teleport black magic on retreat and units bunching together so you can actually kill them with indirect fire, etc.

I would love to have a symetrical mg42 as soviets instead of the maxim, but that would be a LOT WORSE for axis players rather than facing this "maxim" spam problem.

Improve remmaning and target acquisition on ALL MGs, reduce to 5 man maxims but spread them out, increase setup time and increase a bit range (wide).

Meanwhile, it may be placebo, but can´t you manually target which entity you want your squad to shoot, just like with snipers? Kill gunner, wipe mg, profit.
19 Jul 2014, 00:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Dont reduce the range, it will just get gunned down from range then.
A slight damage reduction is mroe in order.
19 Jul 2014, 00:48 AM

Maxim is fine, all it needs is the capping power like osttruppen, this way you cant just spam them since you need capping power like cons
19 Jul 2014, 09:32 AM

Dont reduce the range, it will just get gunned down from range then.
A slight damage reduction is mroe in order.

Thats what im aiming for this way the maxim can no longer be used without cosncript squads supporting it while retaining its mobility. And ffs you and i know that nobody buys mg42/maxims or whatever mg for its damage. your suggesion is just terrible.
19 Jul 2014, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 00:12 AMJaigen

What.

As if getting rifle nades off on maxims wasn't easy enough already, now we want to be able to rifle nade without getting shot at at all?
19 Jul 2014, 12:26 PM

What.

As if getting rifle nades off on maxims wasn't easy enough already, now we want to be able to rifle nade without getting shot at at all?

OKW doesnt have riflenades. also if you where forced to use a riflenade against every maxim it would be a massive balance issue. ost has more tools available in the form of mortars snipers and 222 scout cars the okw doesnt.

But why dont you tell me why maxim should even exist and why this tactics that goes against every single principle of coh should be so effective.. i never heard of mg42/34 spam or 50 cal spam.
19 Jul 2014, 12:35 PM

I still argue that MG teams and AT teams shouldn't be able to cap sectors. If they removed that, there's NO WAY anyone would spam Maxims BUT the Maxim would remain powerful. Ta-daaaa

I actually like this idea.
19 Jul 2014, 12:42 PM

In ze days of yore, (VCOH) 42 spam was not unheard of, depending on the patch. Just saying. But ye, I dont like Maxim spam at all. People talk about flanking Maxims ie. with Sturmpios, but any Soviet player worth his salt will never operate a single Maxim, and unless you actually manage to kill the entire crew and steal/salvage the gun, the cheap reinforcement costs will enable him to manpower bleed you quite badly. 3 or 4 Maxims (plus Shocks/ZiS/Minespam) into fast T3 is a very very viable build. ISU or KV/IS-2 seals the deal.
19 Jul 2014, 12:53 PM

Meanwhile, it may be placebo, but can´t you manually target which entity you want your squad to shoot, just like with snipers? Kill gunner, wipe mg, profit.

That was possible in CoH1, but in CoH2 the Sniper can't even focus a specific model, so I am pretty sure squads can't do it either.

I would love it if my MGs could manually target the enemy models that are OUT OF COVER, but the shitty gunner often times shoots at the wrong ones. On the other hand I would also wish that if 1 out of 4 models is out of cover, not the whole squad gets surpressed. But now its just luck.
19 Jul 2014, 13:13 PM

Yes because model count is the only factor that determines durability right? The fact that the average DPS of a grenadier squad is 1.5x higher than that of a conscript squad does not factor into it, right?

and what about the molotov-factor? ofc grens have riflenades but a naded maxim is till able to hold its position and shoot at the enemy. try that with an mg42 that got 'toved. if its not dead already it will be in a matter of seconds
19 Jul 2014, 13:28 PM

and what about the molotov-factor? ofc grens have riflenades but a naded maxim is till able to hold its position and shoot at the enemy. try that with an mg42 that got 'toved. if its not dead already it will be in a matter of seconds

You already fucked up if conscripts got into molotov range of your mg42 before you atleast started unpacking.

Riflenade has longer range than maxims at vet2, so getting riflenaded only means your enemy knew where you were, he didn't have to commit in any way.
19 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM

Flanking maxims is not that viable as OKW, but the field gun is a beast. If you know he's T2 you want one ASAP, and if you then find he is maxim spamming, complement with either an IR halftrack and/or another field gun, this WILL slowly push him back and claw ground back.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS