Login

russian armor

Another War Spoils Thread

16 Jul 2014, 21:00 PM

I concede that this thread has a high chance of being locked and the reasoning is understandable.

Generally I don't like to create threads when there is already a suitable one for the topic. But I can't help but feel like this is an exception, especially when it's been blasted everywhere.

I am absolutely baffled by this new system and how it was ever approved.

I get to play with my brother once a week because we both work and have responsibilities. Throughout the week we spend about half an hour each day e-mailing or calling one another on strats and ideas we've managed to think up/read about. All so that when we do have that available time to play CoH2, we are as prepared as we can possibly be without playing hours every night.

I don't begrudge players who have more time to play their experience. You wouldn't tell an Olympic swimmer that his medal is invalid because "you stay at home all day and train, nerd." Infact, most of my competitive gaming experience comes from MMO's and MOBAs where generally, a huge time sink is necessary to compete at top levels.

But that is precisely why we don't play MMO's or MOBAs. Because so long as our tactics and strategy are well thought and executed, we can play reasonably well in an RTS game.

Trying to keep the point reasonably short. Why are you trying to turn this RTS into a grind session? It's literally killing my enjoyment with the game to have my options limited based on time allotted to play. Not to mention all the repeat bulletins I keep getting.

It's incredibly baffling how this system was ever approved.
16 Jul 2014, 21:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

If your tactics and strategy are well planned and executed, you will still perform reasonably well.
16 Jul 2014, 21:12 PM

They want to keep you grinding just enough to motivate you to keep playing but not enough to discourage you.

There will likely be adjustments and additions down the road but they sure as hell can't please everyone.

16 Jul 2014, 21:18 PM

What, are you telling me you don't like getting duplicate faceplates after 3 hours of gaming?

Madness!
16 Jul 2014, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 21:08 PMRomeo
If your tactics and strategy are well planned and executed, you will still perform reasonably well.

This isn't a balance issue, nor a thread asking for advice. You're right, we still perform well.

But this does not mean that there isn't frustrations that are a direct result of the war spoils system.

I'm not saying that we don't have a system that works, I'm saying we have one system that works because that's the only system we're allowed.
16 Jul 2014, 21:27 PM

They want to keep you grinding just enough to motivate you to keep playing but not enough to discourage you.

There will likely be adjustments and additions down the road but they sure as hell can't please everyone.

You're absolutely right, and I don't expect them to make everyone happy. But I can't see any logical positive to this approach.

It's literally content they've created and are utilizing to promote a grind to earn mentality.
17 Jul 2014, 14:04 PM

What, are you telling me you don't like getting duplicate faceplates after 3 hours of gaming?

Madness!

Hah hah hah hah!

Duplicates, that would be mildly frustrating...

No, sir. I have 2 different faceplates that I have tripled up on now...
17 Jul 2014, 14:32 PM

Easy solution: Let players buy content!

What's is wrong with that? It's win, win, win for everybody.
17 Jul 2014, 17:24 PM

Well, they're halfway successful, I suppose. I see a lot of people grinding the forums.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★