Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes Server Migration

PAGES (11)down
8 Apr 2013, 17:27 PM

People, don't download CoH on steam now by using your retail key. The new version isn't available yet and you're simply downloading a version of the game you already have :P

Oh dear, I already asked myself why Steam called it third party software :D.
Thx for the info!
8 Apr 2013, 18:41 PM

How will i understand that the new version is available? Notification from steam or what?
8 Apr 2013, 19:32 PM

anoying part is that April 8 is almost gone - and no Dev comes up with any info
8 Apr 2013, 19:46 PM

so in the end.... nothing? A shame that no one is really informing about this...
8 Apr 2013, 19:49 PM

I guess they think the date info was enough and we just have to wait. Fair enough, I have no hurry, but...

I just wonder when someone will come and say again the same bs that "they gave you 6 years of fun and you're still whining mofos!"

It's like an auto-script for some, whenever you criticize something.
8 Apr 2013, 20:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You guys should just l2read tbh. April 8th was their 'goal', they hoped to have it ready by then. They did say that the current server will be shut down on May 7th. So the transition will happen before that. Just await more info by Relic.
8 Apr 2013, 20:39 PM

They are called fanboys.
8 Apr 2013, 21:30 PM

Everyone knows Steam doesn't have a process of control & checks before allowing stuff on their client, and that it can take a varied amount of time. Relic just needs to click the "add non steam game button" and it'll be up there, description at all.

IF it is late it can be either Steam taking time with letting it through, which is very possible and not something that can be predicted all the time, or they still have work on it. So either they are working for the quality of the product (and we'd want quality for new servers and all, I guess) or it's out of their hands.

It annoys me greatly that as soon as something goes a day over schedule, Lynx is supposed to sweep in and distribute napkins and bottles while saying how outmost sorry he and everyone at Relic are that a 7 year old game took longer than promised to be moved to Steam. (as in, hours to what-maybe a week?)
8 Apr 2013, 22:30 PM

It annoys me greatly that as soon as something goes a day over schedule, Lynx is supposed to sweep in and distribute napkins and bottles while saying how outmost sorry he and everyone at Relic are that a 7 year old game took longer than promised to be moved to Steam. (as in, hours to what-maybe a week?)

Not as soon as.... Just dont put out a date if your not sure - and there in no harm asking for information. RagingJenni are you the coh/steam/sega police?
9 Apr 2013, 04:12 AM

Yeah, not putting out a date at all while the servers were being sketchy is a great idea. Another 20 pages of "the servers are down :/" would be awesome. With a date out at least we know they are doing something to fix it. Would you rather have some more days of not knowing anything? Either way they lose because either way people will complain they are being "held in the dark" because they don't get information the second they want it.

Yes there is no harm in asking for information. There is no harm either in just waiting it out. Whether we are inform or not will with high probability not make any difference as to what will happen. :)
9 Apr 2013, 06:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Not as soon as.... Just dont put out a date if your not sure - and there in no harm asking for information. RagingJenni are you the coh/steam/sega police?

Gonna say it again.. April 8th was NEVER a final date. They HOPED to have it ready by then. But many people just don't seem to wanna understand that. And more information will come soon enough, I'm sure of it.
9 Apr 2013, 08:57 AM

Gonna say it again.. April 8th was NEVER a final date. They HOPED to have it ready by then. But many people just don't seem to wanna understand that. And more information will come soon enough, I'm sure of it.

In a world where I can access any given information in a few milliseconds patience becomes a rarity of character - it's not that I didn't understand it in the first place.
9 Apr 2013, 15:25 PM

Noun said on the main CoH forums that there *should* be news about the migration today. Don't know what that news is, of course.
9 Apr 2013, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

probably announcement of announcement of announcement...
9 Apr 2013, 17:46 PM

You can download "CoH - New steam version" now. Should be in your libary.
9 Apr 2013, 18:25 PM

Someone will have to inform us if smurf's are allowed once they can test...
9 Apr 2013, 18:36 PM

Yeah, may need to restart steam to see it in the library.
9 Apr 2013, 18:48 PM
Donator 22

yea,
really nice. The new Sega Splash screen.
And then no login screen, straight to the game.
And then when you launch, there is nobody there. No friends, no nothing. Just your steam account.
Feels a bit like after a nuclear war.
All the same, but no people!

see here:
Screenshot

9 Apr 2013, 19:12 PM

Probably take some time to get everything going.
PAGES (11)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS