Login

russian armor

75mm Pack Howitzer UP

5 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM

@Brachiaraidos
You answered neither of the questions. Not which of those stats are important nor why even the 4 damage at the outer ring of the 75mm are important.

I'm a bit sorry for singling you out here, but I noticed earlier that you wrote something completely false regarding short/mid/long range of weapons. I'm just incredibly fed up with people tossing stats and such around without an understanding of them. There are so many people writing false statements about stats/mechanics.

Take a look at this thread http://www.coh2.org/topic/19719/penal-batallion-satchel-charge-after-3rd-july/post/176083 or at the repeated questions why Panzerschrecks for Oberkommando cost 90 and not 60, like for Ostheer. Or people who scale Oberkommando units up per cost and then complain why the Puma isn't as good in the anti infantry role as the T34.

I love to help people understand stats or mechanics, I've no problem spending time on that. Yet I hate people who have no idea about it, but present themselves like that. Wooof, IpKai, Tensai and quite a lot of other people have spent dozens of hours to learn them and to teach themselves, yet any useful post gets drowned out by people who spam and often have no clue at all.

Edit:
The fact you write that the 4 damage at the outer radius are meaningless shows that you do not know what they mean. Even 1 damage would be important. If it's below 80 damage it's not the amount that's so important, but the type of damage.
5 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Brachiaraidos

Play as OKw, try to field the inf gun and take a pack howitzer to the face. Then come back and make a point that isn't totally biased.

PLAY

BOTH

SIDES
5 Jul 2014, 21:12 PM

You guys are really arguing about minor details here. The point remains that the Pack howi is significantly worse the leif ESPECIALLY when considering cost.
5 Jul 2014, 21:25 PM

first of all, the AOE difference is not a minor detail if you understood what milka was getting at. second, the pack howitzer has 160 range when barraging, which makes it untouchable by all other early game indirect fire. its not significantly worse, or even worse at all in my opinion
5 Jul 2014, 21:25 PM

Yea, sry for derailing the thread a bit there. I hope you understand why :/

Pack howitzer auto attack is worse, yup. Look at the whole picture though. Pack Howitzer has better vet and has the better area. It's just a differently used unit. leIG is a unit you put somewhere and then basically stop caring. It makes only a slight difference if you barrage or not.
Pack Howitzer is rather useless if not barraging, but has a vastly better barrage. More range, more accurate at the same ranges combined with the fact in barrage mode they are shooting with almost the same speed.

A similar thing can be seen with the different mortar halftracks for the factions. The German one has 80 auto attack range, but the barrage is only a bit better. The American has 60 auto attack range, but a vastly better barrage, besides that it has the incredibly useful vet0 white phosphorus which is basically an incendiary attack that also slows and leaves a short DoT debuff on the unit.
5 Jul 2014, 21:35 PM

@Brachiaraidos
You answered neither of the questions. Not which of those stats are important nor why even the 4 damage at the outer ring of the 75mm are important.

I'm a bit sorry for singling you out here, but I noticed earlier that you wrote something completely false regarding short/mid/long range of weapons. I'm just incredibly fed up with people tossing stats and such around without an understanding of them. There are so many people writing false statements about stats/mechanics.

Scanned my post history. Did I? I think you may have mistaken me for someone else.

Regardless, I make it my business to understand the game as best as I can. If you do think I have something objectively wrong, feel free to just correct me. I want that. Understanding the game better is good.

I love to help people understand stats or mechanics, I've no problem spending time on that. Yet I hate people who have no idea about it, but present themselves like that. Wooof, IpKai, Tensai and quite a lot of other people have spent dozens of hours to learn them and to teach themselves, yet any useful post gets drowned out by people who spam and often have no clue at all.

Correct what I have wrong, then. I don't pretend to be perfect.

Scatter mechanics I am somewhat rusty on, but to the best of my understanding the basic principle begins with RNG determining a value of discrepancy between the calculated shot and the actual ballistic profile, resulting in a shot off by a degree up to the Scatter Angle, which then simply acts as a curve. FoW multiplier is an additional multiplier for inaccuracy if the target is out of line of sight, the Distance Ratio is a further multiplier that scales up with distance between gun and target and Distance max is a total additional inaccuracy that can by induced by that spacing.

Distance Offset I've assumed, thus far, to be a factor of your range you can fire before you start to lose additional accuracy? Actually don't know that one. The rest remain fairly mysterious to me.

The fact you write that the 4 damage at the outer radius are meaningless shows that you do not know what they mean. Even 1 damage would be important. If it's below 80 damage it's not the amount that's so important, but the type of damage.

If there's a difference for explosive damage types to ballistics beyond them having areas of effect, I know it not and there's no official relic documentation I've found about it thus far. AFAIK they simply scale penetration and damage over the full AoE.

@ Bulgakov: I steal plenty of IG 18's. I know how both of them preform against OKW squads. It's not a full balance picture, but it's enough to draw a comparison in game between the two.

EDIT: But yes, this is probably derailed fairly heavily. I still consider the USF version much inferior to the IG 18 for their relative costs, regardless.
6 Jul 2014, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2014, 21:25 PMwooof
first of all, the AOE difference is not a minor detail if you understood what milka was getting at. second, the pack howitzer has 160 range when barraging, which makes it untouchable by all other early game indirect fire. its not significantly worse, or even worse at all in my opinion

the range on the weapon might have 160 range, but the barrage ability only have 120 range.
6 Jul 2014, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2014, 21:25 PMwooof

How is the early game capability of the Howitzer of relevance when the timing/costs clearly make it a mid-late game unit?
and
6 Jul 2014, 00:47 AM

The OKW le.IG 18 bleeds me out, hard, raping my infantry all game until I lose the manpower war. As a US player I have no idea how to counter it, if I ever get close with infantry it packs up and moves away so fast I can't kill it before it's in range of the defensive truck gun. I just seems to me that any decent OKW player will never lose his gun, so it's free to destroy me all game.

Any US player got any tips on how to handle it? The only way I could imagine would be killing it with some kind of arty, but it's not something the US got a lot of...

Maybe I'm just not aware of the right ways to counter it, but IMO, it feels OP. The precision and lethality is pretty crazy compared to other mortars.
6 Jul 2014, 00:56 AM

Mortar HT behind heavy cover is effective
6 Jul 2014, 03:19 AM

Haven't had a heap of success with mortar HT. Pretty inconsistent imo. WP ability is good I guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★