Login

russian armor

New patch - Outstanding issues

4 Jul 2014, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 14:04 PMBuggeX
I just agree with the volks, why the fuck would i need winter gear in the midle of the summer?, sepperate them at least, 60 the schreck 40 the gear...

And throw away economy/upgrade balance, because you don't like it?
4 Jul 2014, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 14:04 PMBuggeX
I just agree with the volks, why the fuck would i need winter gear in the midle of the summer?, sepperate them at least, 60 the schreck 40 the gear...
schrecks aren't worth 60 munis. They actually cost a bit more but you get a discount since they are always bundled with something, a bit like the dual t34-85 call in. For comparison bazookas are 60, but significantly worse.
5 Jul 2014, 06:46 AM

Hey guys, I will take back what I was saying before.

Actually, Command Panther commander just become my favorite for 1vs1 atm ( until I got the double P4 call in commander lol )

- All - in grenade for 10 muni is a steal.

- Flare for only 60 is also a stealllll

- Command Panther even 25 more fuel but that thing is worth it. I use it with a Puma to take on 3 M10 and oh lord, best day ever.

Thanks to the Command Panther sight, Puma were able to shoot special round into 1 M10 and the US guy decied to charge all of those 3 into my Puma => Puma + Panther > 3 M10.

Also with the Panther sight, I was able to use my 3 Obers to gain advantage by shooting first.

About the Jadtiger Commander, I got mixed feeling atm:

- Sure, you have 3 ober free come with Officer but later in game when it turns into a heavy micro game, officers dead = infantry retreat. It could be just that I'm not good using them but 1 small mistake could make my whole army retreat = not good.

- Panzerfusiller ( I still don't know how to write it ) even have long range and flare, this unit just.... that. I rather to bring weak ass volks with sherck to go with Ober and have a Command Panther for sight.

The only thing Panzerfusiller good at in my opinion is the AT nade ( if lucky lol ) and ability to pick up drop weapon ( 6 man squad )

About the German Airborne commander, after using it for sometimes I have a mix feeling:

- MG34 is cheap and nice enough.
- Ability to build stuff for sturmpiooner ? I never use it ( at least in my 1vs1 )
- German Airborne troops is cool but I rather have a Ober squad. Falls with the camo ability is nice in defend or make ambush but overall Ober still the best anti-infantry with 1.5 armor ( is this right ? )
- The Air attack and drop Troops in is not worth it unless that plane also attack vehicles.

After all, it's just my personal opinion only. I'm happy to hear respond from you guys.

oh btw any noticed that in 1vs1, sometimes you still have to play the map that you vetoes before ? It happens a lot after WFA come out and I don't like it.
5 Jul 2014, 06:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2014, 06:46 AMKyle

oh btw any noticed that in 1vs1, sometimes you still have to play the map that you vetoes before ? It happens a lot after WFA come out and I don't like it.

If it shows -3 vetoes used over the map selection area, you have to reselect them or the game will treat it as no vetoes. It happens from time to time, and is probably the cause of your issue.
5 Jul 2014, 06:58 AM

If it shows -3 vetoes used over the map selection area, you have to reselect them or the game will treat it as no vetoes. It happens from time to time, and is probably the cause of your issue.

Well I did know about the -3/0 vetoes thing and I always make sure to vetoes those map again ( It will say 0/3 ) after that but I still get that vetoes map.

I always check everytime when I start a search so it's not the -3/0 issue.
5 Jul 2014, 08:56 AM

The only things I agree with is the Panzershrek cost being reduced and the US AA vehicle having a bit more reduced damage. Aside from those issues, the balance is good(Relatively speaking)and I don't see any reason to nerf/buff any more units for the Russian, Wehrmacht, US and Oberkommando West faction. Actually, it would be nice if the Obersoldaten got a health increase since they're supposed to be the best infantry in the game.
5 Jul 2014, 13:55 PM

People, note that Shrecks are considerably superior to Bazookas.

Bazookas need an upgrade unlock which costs 15 fuel, 200 something manpower.

Then the bazooka costs 60 munitions. The Panzershreck costs 135 munitions (adjusted for the OKW resource disability).

But the panzershreck is better. It does 120 damage instead of the bazookas' 80. Its penetration is also much better. (something like 40 penetration points higher at different ranges)

Then there's the fact that the Pshreck is used against armor of allied factions which tend to have less armor.

I see 1 Pshreck as having the value of 1.7 bazookas more or less.
5 Jul 2014, 14:18 PM

Oh god, stop cost adjusting the Oberkommando.
If you try to 'adjust' the costs for the weapons / tanks and then want them to be that good, you negate the Oberkommandos design to be resource starved.
An upgrade that costs them 90 munitions should be as good as an upgrade that costs another faction 90 munitions. Not worse, not better. It might take them longer (the time it takes another faction to get 135 munition), but that's NOT the value.
5 Jul 2014, 14:22 PM

I disagree, the calculation should be adjusted while playing as you have to wait for these things to come out.
5 Jul 2014, 14:58 PM

I agree with Milka. The adjustments don't make sense. OKW is designed to be resource starved and have abilities to trade resources and salvage to compensate. Furthermore their tech structure is very cheap to compensate.

For instance:
- No extra cost for medics
- No extra costs for unlocking unit upgrades
- AT from the get-go, no fuel investment required
- SU-85 Jagdpanzer IV available from cheap T1(is it called 1 with OKW?) building.

Just take a look at the total fuel cost to unlock the entire OKW tech tree:
- 40 fuel x 2 for the first 2 trucks, 80 for the last truck. Bam, 160 fuel for the entire tech tree. Starting with 40 fuel this means you unlock your entire tech tree with all upgrades, including medics and repair station for 120 fuel. Or 180 fuel adjusted.

Now compare that to the other factions:
Ostheer: Starts with 20 fuel, total cost to unlock all tech: 240 (220 after starting fuel reduction. Does not include medics or repair station.
USA: Starts with 15 fuel, total cost to unlock all tech: 275 (260 after starting fuel reduction). Also does not include medics which also cost fuel.
Soviets: Start with 50 fuel. Total cost to unlock all tech: 310 (260 after starting fuel reduction). Also no medics nor fancy repair station.

OKW units perform according to their cost, not their 'adjusted cost'. If OKW units got cheaper compared to the other factions, the whole army would need a re-design to remove their other bonuses.

5 Jul 2014, 16:54 PM

What's the point of making a faction get resources a % slower if we're going to make all their units and upgrades that same % cheaper or that same % stronger?
5 Jul 2014, 17:00 PM

Your argument is valid but you are addressing the wrong argument.

It is irrelevant when we are talking about call-ins and RPG upgrades.

Second, as the game progresses past the 25:00 mark or is larger (greater than 1 v 1) the teching tree matters less and less, and marginal costs become the primary focus.

5 Jul 2014, 19:02 PM

Everyone have hard time against sovjetop in 1vs1 now, even those top rank players, and OKW sucks in 1vs1 and sucker against Sovjet you guys shouldn't blind your eyes. Watching the stream and replays you trolls should know that. Early game Maxim spam Sniper spam M3s(not deadly as maxim spam) help sovjet get map control , relic even over buffed 120mm ,get 2 of them your enemy will have to say goodbye to their support weapon. Late game sovjet have most cost effect callins T34/85 and IS2(with that op 375 front armor). Sovjet is definitely OP now. Katitof will you stop trolling?
5 Jul 2014, 19:34 PM

what? command panther not viable in 1v1?

i might not be the best player, but i think it kicks ass. t1-> jagdpanzerIV (why does everyone hate it? this thing won me most of my games and even got to vet 5 a couple of times. its a fuckign su85 on roids) + command panther (+t3 and a sturm or a panther depending on the enemy, hell even a pII if you lack them fuels)
works fine for me but maybe u guys are facing better opponents than i do

5 Jul 2014, 20:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

what? command panther not viable in 1v1?

i might not be the best player, but i think it kicks ass. t1-> jagdpanzerIV (why does everyone hate it? this thing won me most of my games and even got to vet 5 a couple of times. its a fuckign su85 on roids) + command panther (+t3 and a sturm or a panther depending on the enemy, hell even a pII if you lack them fuels)
works fine for me but maybe u guys are facing better opponents than i do

It's easier to flank the jagdpanzer than the su85 because the US and Soviets have pretty decent mobile armor to flank it, and OKW doesn't have many units that can engine critical.
5 Jul 2014, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2014, 20:24 PMTobis

It's easier to flank the jagdpanzer than the su85 because the US and Soviets have pretty decent mobile armor to flank it, and OKW doesn't have many units that can engine critical.

Turboblitz rocket engines(again and for both axis armies) anyone?
5 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Turboblitz rocket engines(again and for both axis armies) anyone?

60 range, 240 damage turreted TD with the speed of a panther, but cheaper than a jagdpanzer anyone?
5 Jul 2014, 22:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Which prioritizes infantry instead of tanks :P

Keep the fight.
5 Jul 2014, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2014, 21:06 PMwooof

60 range, 240 damage turreted TD with the speed of a panther, but cheaper than a jagdpanzer anyone?

You're actually suggesting American TDs as a useful unit? lol
5 Jul 2014, 23:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You're actually suggesting American TDs as a useful unit? lol

yes, yes he is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %