Login

russian armor

ISU Post Patch

5 Jul 2014, 14:52 PM

Well that's the problem, it's designed wrong. Nothing except arty should be gibbing infantry with one shot. It's too mobile and there's no sound of arty in the distance, no red smoke like off-map. It shouldn't be gibber-jabbing.

Burmmbar, IS-2 (if it hits), Bulldozer Sherman, Demo charges, ISU, KV-2, Sturmtiger, Satchels, mine groups, Obersoldaten, Paratrooper Charges, Priests, every offmap, 120mm's, walking stukas, every on-map artillery gun.

Squad wipes are everywhere. Only some of them are artillery.
5 Jul 2014, 15:07 PM

Burmmbar, IS-2 (if it hits), Bulldozer Sherman, Demo charges, ISU, KV-2, Sturmtiger, Satchels, mine groups, Obersoldaten, Paratrooper Charges, Priests, every offmap, 120mm's, walking stukas, every on-map artillery gun.

Squad wipes are everywhere. Only some of them are artillery.

Yes but compare the ease of squad wipes to the ease of the ISU squad-wipe:

Satchels - easily dodged if you're looking. ISU can shoot from fog of war. If it threw satchel charges at me, I wouldn't be complaining. But it's like a satchel charge suddenly appears in the stomachs of my men and SCHPLUFF!

Sturmtiger - Huge reload time! Cannot dominate the battlefield like an ISU. (If you have a replay that disproves this, let me now) If a player has chosen this, they have very very weak anti tank now. It comes with severe drawbacks.

Demo - it annoys me but can be countered with minesweepers.

"Priests, every offmap, 120mm's, walking stukas, every on-map artillery gun."
As I said - Artillery can be allowed to squad wipe. It's still possible to avoid it without losing complete map cointrol. Why did you write it here?

Obersoldaten - while their power is maybe to high, still you have some seconds to escape. not a suden INSTA JIB!

Brummbar? Find me a replay where Brummbar sits at the back of the field for 10 minutes wiping squad after squad. I bet you can't even find a eplay with a Brummbar in it :/

Half of your list of squad-wipe units were units I'd already covered. I'm not saying there should be no squad wiping at all! I'm saying that a unit with huge health and armour with long range and that is mobile should not have this ability . It's too good man.
5 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

That's the opposite of what the ISU is.

It is designed to be an anti-infantry squad gibbing platform, much as the Phant or Jagd are Anti tank ammo rack detonating platforms.

If it proves to be too generalist, the AT will be the thing that takes a hit.

Yeah believe me, I know. I came up with this suggestion since almost everyone is so hell bent into nerfing it. This way, it could still have some squad wipe potential, but not with every shot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 975
United States 15
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak