Login

russian armor

Sturm offizer and Panzerfusilier

1 Jul 2014, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2014, 16:37 PMS73v0

Try going up against a blob of Obersoldaten, panzerfusilier, volks, sturm pios and sturm officer with some AT support -> You are going to have a bad time. Brings back bad memories of the brit blob. Imo panzerfusiliers are too good for 3 cp callin and 290 manpower. They scale like crazy and are too durable, have panzerfausts and snipe rifles costing 280 manpower.

It's a good thing that artillery and AoE attacks are more than sufficient to bleed a blob into oblivion.
1 Jul 2014, 23:52 PM

If anyone's interested:

Vanilla fusiliers will lose against rifles at close range, but will win at long range (no surprise here).

Upgraded fusiliers will win against single BARed or M1919ed rifle squad at any range.

Upgraded fusiliers will win against double BARed or M1919ed rifle squad at close range, but will lose at long range.
BARs are really close in damage at short range but have less edge at long range (still are winning pretty significantly there), while M1919s are dominated at short range but dominate at long range. This might be surprising - since when you are facing upgraded Fusiliers, it's best to keep them at range against non smg units.

As for vet bonuses - at max vet for each squad, it shouldn't change those results too much.

Also, since 90 munitions for OKW is worth no less than 120 munitions for other factions, those match ups might be balanced.
2 Jul 2014, 00:00 AM

Sturmofficer Aura is GIGANTIC. There is never a need for him to be near his troops or fighting. Hiding him behind a building is usually sufficient.

I too had problems with force retreats until I figured out just how big that Aura is.
2 Jul 2014, 09:09 AM

Sturmofficer Aura is GIGANTIC. There is never a need for him to be near his troops or fighting. Hiding him behind a building is usually sufficient.

I too had problems with force retreats until I figured out just how big that Aura is.

From you experience, how far do you think it roughly goes?
2 Jul 2014, 20:33 PM

You don't want him too far back seen as he has 3 obersaldaten.. You will want their DPS too, at long range of course.

I have found the focus fire ability very useful in large engagements, because with several squads you can catch an opponent off guard and finish a squad off very quickly, good vs US officers.

I imagine the force retreat to be handy if you have a vehicle under threat from bazookas.
6 Jul 2014, 00:47 AM

This thread is a bit older, but I noticed that many OKW players are now forming up Sturm/Fusilier a-move gank squads. I wanted to post a reply where some OKW do not micro their sturm officiers and are repeatively punished for it.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19830/okw-tries-to-form-sturmfusilier-blob-and-get-punished

7 Jul 2014, 10:02 AM

Force retreat is pure awesome against flanking Shocks/Paras with Thompson
7 Jul 2014, 10:04 AM

While Panzerfusiliers are great in and of themselves, I find the officer as more of a bleed or waste of precious mp for OKW in 1v1 early-mid game. Late game however I may call it to help with retreating vetted enemy squads or when I have a good blob of vetted fusiliers out that need extra dmg love with the officer stationed nearby if needed/when I have the extra mp.
8 Jul 2014, 01:19 AM
Donator 22

Panzerfusilier are borderline broken at the moment in my opinion. The normal squad is already pretty good once it gets vet, but with G43 they counter US and Soviet troops at exactly the ranges those should excel at. Even against snipers the G43 perform pretty good since they moving modifiers are better than those of the Kar98k. In general I think it's a no-brainer upgrade, as they get more vision range and get better at every single range as well as better on the move.

I am no pro or strategist but I am finding it very hard to counter the panzer fusiliers once they vet up and its so hard to wipe that squad with its 6 models. I have been trying to pin with 50cal. and then move in but these with an ISG are pretty damn good even against that. They do feel like they at least slightly nullify rifles strengths. What are people finding most effective to counter?
8 Jul 2014, 02:45 AM

While Panzerfusiliers are great in and of themselves, I find the officer as more of a bleed or waste of precious mp for OKW in 1v1 early-mid game. Late game however I may call it to help with retreating vetted enemy squads or when I have a good blob of vetted fusiliers out that need extra dmg love with the officer stationed nearby if needed/when I have the extra mp.

actually, while idd being quite a bleed if you dont be careful in the earlygame i had big success with the following build today.

Sturmpio ( starting unit )
volk
pio
t2
sturmofficer
Support gun
ATG
Füsilierspam

Helped me turn the early engagements into my favor - the officer buff and also its earlygame fighting capability are immense
8 Jul 2014, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 01:19 AMMoranh

and its so hard to wipe that squad with its 6 models.

Play then against soviets and face several 6 men squads (cons, maxims) or, even better, a couple of shock troops squads (they are also 6, of course) and panzerfusiliers will appear like nothing to you.
8 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM

Yeah +1.

The fact he comes at 1 CP makes you want to call him in, esspecially as early OKW inf isnt all that desirable, but hes not really a sensible choice until he has enough troops to lead.

Possible use for him if you call him early could just be to use him as a flank harrasing squad.
8 Jul 2014, 10:03 AM

If the Sturmoffizier dies, the aura and all the abilities are gone, aren't they?
and
8 Jul 2014, 10:51 AM

Support gun
Füsilierspam

=> gg US
8 Jul 2014, 14:08 PM

AA HT or any other type or AI light vehicle or tank can destroy hordes of panzerfussiliers, they have weak AT capabilities
8 Jul 2014, 14:29 PM

Their AT is equivalent to most infantry and they more than make up for with it with their ridiculous AI DPS. I've rarely had any issues against allied light vehicles using 1 Fusilier (with AT nades) and 1 Volks + Shreck or a Puppchen.
8 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

regarding that AAHT vs fussels:

the thing is most ppl will go t1 with fusseliers since they want the heal, that is provided by the truck, yet that opens one up to early AAHTs. i dont see why you would go t1 first since the only unit you can get out of it (early game) is the ISG, which does jack shit vs an AAHT. id rather built t2 and get a puma which is the waaay better vs AA HTs than püppchen or panzerschrecks (also i want my munitions for mines and g43s, hell sometimes even medic supplies). after puma numbero uno i back-tech to enable healing. next is a second puma or depending on the map a jadgpanzer. lastly i add a stuka to fight the inevitable masses of US infantry. i rarely go T4 vs US since the toughtest tanks youll encounter are mediums and afformentioned units handle them pretty well. also i dont have that many shreks so my pumas can use the (now working while moving) aimed shot to keep jacksons/wolverines/shermans from shredding my little feline friends

anyways, just my 2 reichsmark on the topic
20 Sep 2015, 23:15 PM

http://www.coh2-stats.com/squads/terror_officer_squad_mp

Those are the stats of the Sturm Offizier body guards?
OMG they are like obersoldaten but in the game they cant kill anything..

why?

About panzerfusilier it is obvious, they are a great unit.
You just cant up the g43 before at least 2 shrescks.

And a eternal sprint are one of the most amazing vets for infatary, useful to hide, flank or even go fast to a heavy cover.
21 Sep 2015, 00:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If the Sturmoffizier dies, the aura and all the abilities are gone, aren't they?

If he dies, his squad and any other squads that were affected by his aura sprint right back to base.

Also, what you said too, but it's kinda irrelevant 99% of the time when they're all sitting back at base anyway. :D
21 Sep 2015, 13:06 PM

From you experience, how far do you think it roughly goes?

25m radius, according to the AE.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS