Login

russian armor

War Spoils Drop Rate and Rare Commanders

PAGES (8)down
25 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM

I think either system is okay as long as the commanders are about equal.

I just hate when you gain a competitive advantage via unlocks (be it paid for or randomly acquired).
25 Jun 2014, 14:58 PM
Patrion 14

Haha, I know the system is broke when Cataclaw, the man who plays more than anybody else (seriously look at that number of wins man, legend) is saying that he has gotten four items, and not one commander.

Jesus.
25 Jun 2014, 15:01 PM

relic introduces payed commanders, noone wants to pay and everyone think they should be free...

relic introduces free commanders through loot system, everyone wants to pay for them...

trolololol

Not true.
We're asking for the option, the drop system can still exist for those who don't want to pay.. :)
25 Jun 2014, 15:14 PM

Noun has announced that on Friday they will reveal the details on how the war spoils system works.
25 Jun 2014, 15:42 PM

Noun has announced that on Friday they will reveal the details on how the war spoils system works.

Writing in bolt actually makes it more credible.
Well done son.
25 Jun 2014, 16:07 PM
Patrion 14

Noun can announce whatever he wants - it won't deal with the fact that the system is currently very rarely giving any drops, not just commanders.

I'd like to see him justify the extra layer of RNG to screw players over, and share the original design vision for war spoils.

Ug, it's very hard not to be frustrated with this system. I hope on Friday we can fight out how to earn the commanders legitimately without grinding for hours.
25 Jun 2014, 16:35 PM

Don't even count too much on it being on Friday, on the other forum Noun said it will be Monday (don't know which post was the latest), so could be either.

edit: Looked again, he might have corrected it to Friday there, so forget what I said.
25 Jun 2014, 16:42 PM
25 Jun 2014, 16:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Lol... at first everyone is complaining about the DLC commanders because they cost too much.
Now everyone is complaining because they are free.
WTF.

welcome to life in public relations :D

this is Relic...
25 Jun 2014, 17:18 PM

Lol... at first everyone is complaining about the DLC commanders because they cost too much.
Now everyone is complaining because they are free.
WTF.

It only makes no sense when you oversimplify everything.

They are free as in you don't have to pay for them aditionally to the expansion, yes. But you are not guaranteed to get them for free either.

There are only 3 guaranteed commanders for the new armies, and that is very little compared to how many free commanders we have with Ostheer and Soviets. It is not outrageous to demand that at least a few more commanders should be available either from the start without any unlocks or unlockable early and guaranteed like in vanilla CoH2 (maybe you remember, you had to unlock for example Jäger Infantry commander by reaching a certain rank first).

That is why people complain about the system. If they put this war spoil system as it works now only in for FUTURE additional commanders, and maybe along the opportunity to also purchase them if you don't want to rely on luck, then there will be far less complaint. There will be still some complaints if the new commanders will be overpowered, but if they didn't want complaints for that either then the only solution is that they make every commander free and available for everyone.
25 Jun 2014, 18:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

During my 24 hour stream, i got 5 drops, 1 victory strike and 4 useless bulletins.

Are these commanders only available through drops?

Maybe you have so few loot because you use the "quit match" from escape menu when you lose a match instead of the surrender option. Quitting that way doesnt give any XP and rewards as the popup says.
25 Jun 2014, 19:12 PM

This is my personal opinion:

1) WarSpoils system, how does this work ?

- I don't see any explain from Relic of how this system works ? You get it for every time you level up or after a long hard game ?

- Do you need to kill a lot of enemy in a game or that game have to be long so you can get EXP ? cause I did won +11 streak as OKW and some match are too short ( GG early ) so I only get a little EXP ( yo what ? ) How EXP WORKS ?

Frankly, I prefer the old way: Commanders to be unlock after you reach a certain level ( Lvl 10 , 20 , 30 ,40 ,50 v.v.v. ). Bulletins and Skin can be random ( Like after every 5 level up you get to choose 3 boxes out of 10 - like the Persona game series ).

2 ) I don't mind pay for some commanders BUT

- I don't like the way Relic release a totally OP Commander, wait until everybody buy, abuse and complaint about it then start nerfing them. It's like they INTEND to do it from the very start. I'm a customer and I hate that after a while the commanders THAT I payed 3 dollars turn into trash ( Ostruppen commander )

- The price for commander could be cheaper to encourge buy them ( 2 dollars hola ? )

I don't know Relic, are you really the old Relic who made COH1 with 2 awesome expansions ?

- You messed up the COH2 with P2W Commanders. ( Don't tell me you guys don't have problem dealing with Tiger Ace, vet buying, Windustry right after they got release. Do the Relic Balance team even alive ? How can they not see those problem ? )

- Balance problem that people reported for sometimes ( ISU squad wiped, M3 spamming, problem from alpha like Truck Crush ) and it still exist after a long time ? ( I was really surprise that Truck crush STILL here after alpha ).

COH2 is still my favorite RTS game at the moment and I still play it from the day it went alpha stress test to the day WFA came out. I never bitching like " OMG I'm not gonna play anymore blah blah blah " but I'm disappoint that you are still like this after a year.

Come on Relic, I payed 60$ for the base game, bought 16 commanders and another 20$ for Western Front, am I not a good enough fan ?
25 Jun 2014, 20:05 PM
Patrion 310

I would like to have also the option to buy them. That would be nice... and by the way please get back to the old army customizer menu.
25 Jun 2014, 20:23 PM

I think the drop rate is probably a but too low. I probably spent around 20 hrs now in the game and have only earned 2 bullitins. That's just not very rewarding and I know I probably play more then the average player.
I hope it's at least faster for people just starting the game.
25 Jun 2014, 20:24 PM

Wow I got my second one now.
First was the US Airborne thing, now the OKW with the P4s *_*
25 Jun 2014, 20:26 PM

Maybe the reason they aren't explaining the spoils system right now is because it's messed up right now and they are waiting for the patch this week to fix it. Would make sense if they don't want to tell us how it works if it's not actually working as intended right now.
25 Jun 2014, 20:27 PM

Lucky bastard!
25 Jun 2014, 20:36 PM

could you explain your playing pattern for all of us here? You're doing something right.
25 Jun 2014, 20:43 PM

I played automatch 2v2 and 4v4. Almost everytime I get the most points by far. Also from what I've seen I only got Spoils from longer games.

Loot until now was 1 Bulletin (rare), 1 victory strike( uncommon), 2 Commanders I think. Played about 10 hours yesterday and 5 today.

By the way. 2 P4s J with vet only cost 180 fuel. Really? Seems quite imbalanced. Thats the ordinary cost for a Ost P4 without teching...
25 Jun 2014, 20:46 PM

It's all luck I imagine. I have gained 28 levels since WFA came out and gotten two of the exact same ambulance bulletins and one Volks bulletin.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak