Login

russian armor

War Spoils Drop Rate and Rare Commanders

PAGES (8)down
How many commanders out of these eight new ones have you earned?
Option Distribution Votes
73%
18%
4%
4%
Total votes: 263
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Jun 2014, 05:06 AM
Donator 33

I hope everybody is enjoying WFA.

The default US commanders are probably some of the worst ones in the game, the units/upgrades/abilities they give are simply terrible and does very little to improve the non-doctrinal composition. On the other hand the rifle commander and light vehicle commander look very promising. You can find these commanders here: http://imgur.com/a/C83p1#6V3wJ1k.

I have played 15-20 games trying to farm one or both of these commanders, I'm level 12 and only got 3 bulletins, one of which I already own from before.

Apparently we won't be able to purchase them, only via drops. But it looks like the drop rate is really abysmal, at least for me anyways. How is everybody else doing on that front?

And if anybody from relic can see this: please let us purchase the new commanders. I know DLC whiners are legion and the opposite side rarely speak out. But I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If we liked grinding we would be playing MMOs. What's the point of refusing money and pile on the server loads anyways?
25 Jun 2014, 05:06 AM
Patrion 14

Completely agree.
25 Jun 2014, 05:09 AM

I've heard that it's unpredictable and random. I know someone who won the elite armored doctrine for OKW and is now playing with P4 Aus J's.....

I want to get that one and 'Rifle company'. Don't know if I'll get them anytime soon. I'm certainly not going to play a single minute for them:

Agreed that I'd rather pay a few bucks for both.
25 Jun 2014, 05:11 AM

Have you tried the M1919? It's incredibly strong. So are assault engineers and the bulldozer sherman. AT guns from airborne let you skip captain. Dunno if I'd say the options are weak.

That's offtopic though... I do think it'd be smart if they let people buy the commanders just 'cause they could make some money that way and I don't really care if people can pay to get them.
25 Jun 2014, 05:25 AM

The basic USF commanders look bad compared to the 3 premium ones. I want any of the 3 USF ones and the PIV ausf J... obviously everyone does. Technically, you can call me lucky for getting the German fortification doctrine, but it is really meh and boring as all it is is you getting Ostheer defenses and mines as well as the OKW defenses, but Luftwaffe ground forces also have it so its pointless.

Before that i got one bulletin and a duplicate commander. Ive played around 30 games.
25 Jun 2014, 05:29 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 05:11 AMDanielD
Have you tried the M1919? It's incredibly strong. So are assault engineers and the bulldozer sherman. AT guns from airborne let you skip captain. Dunno if I'd say the options are weak.

That's offtopic though... I do think it'd be smart if they let people buy the commanders just 'cause they could make some money that way and I don't really care if people can pay to get them.

I have tried to make use of all three.

Airborne: M2HB costs 20 mp less than non-doc MG and comes with 0 men. AT gun costs the same and also comes with 0 men. Pathfinder is more of a utility unit, in 1v1 I cant afford utilities. AB looks good on paper, but it needs pathfinder to reinforce and M1 carbines are peashooters, the worst part is that they carry no AT. Obersoldaten carries no AT and its fine because everyone and their dog in OKW can do AT, not to mention Obers are twice as good as Airborne at AI, and cost less. 240 muni strafe, Ha!

Armor: Assault Engineers costs the same as rifles and has no range and no AT, maybe I can get away with this in team games. M10 is a Tank destroyer that has only 40 range I believe, because when I did shoot ground it only shoots as far as a sherman. Sherman bulldozer has no penetration, it's like a kv8 except it does half as much damage to infantry and has less armor and health, and kv8 is already useless. And we are left with railway artillery and crew with Thompson. I hope somebody tries to use crew Thompson sometimes, I do like free vehicles.

Infantry: The only useful ability in this tree in a 1v1 situation is the M1916 unlock, it does virtually identical damage as the Ostheer Grenadier's LMG42 and even costs the same.

I don't have the premium ones yet nor have I played against any. But flamethrower riflemen sounds very strong, and free exp for new rifles at cp 0 is probably borderline OP. The WC51 car I don't know since I wasn't in alpha, but I have seen it described as M3 from hell. Well I do like my M3s:D
25 Jun 2014, 05:33 AM

Upgradeable thompsons for vehicle crews - why the hell?... The only time your vehicle crew is outside your tank is to repair, if you told them to fight, then they would lose models and be unfit to crew. Its like upgrading a soviet mortar team with ppsh's.
Parachuting an AT gun or an mg is way overpriced for nondoctrinal equipment that is uncrewed. Premium American commanders look OP. Cant wait to get them in 5 months.
25 Jun 2014, 05:35 AM

Expecting plenty of loot or meaningful loot after a handful of games is pretty... naive.

@braciszek
I've killed sherman that tried to repair in base, they were left with crew without vehicle, but I still wouldn't use them for combat. Thompsons are one of the most stupid and useless things we have in game(on vehicle crewes).
25 Jun 2014, 05:44 AM

So far I've unlocked the Recon Support commander through the war spoils. I've also gotten two Soviet commanders that I already owned: Terror Tactics and Counterattack Tactics. The drop rate seems pretty random.. friend of mine got 3 boxes after one match but all being bulletins which is pretty disappointing.
25 Jun 2014, 05:56 AM
Patrion 14

I don't have time to grind for commanders. I've had one drop and it's a crap bulletin. I'd rather just pay.
25 Jun 2014, 06:21 AM

I just won a 2 v 2 with US armor. It reminded me of Mechanized assault (Assgrens doctrine) as no teching is required. Assault engineer spam, rifles, M10, 105mm M4. Assault engineers do damage but kind of die like flies though.
25 Jun 2014, 07:09 AM

I feel bad for tournament organizers
25 Jun 2014, 07:22 AM

any wehr commanders out?
25 Jun 2014, 07:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Got like 5-6 bulletins (one of which i think i already had)
25 Jun 2014, 07:52 AM

As someone who frequently pointed out how dumb their DLC system was, I'd like to say that I'm all for there being an option to pay to fully unlock commanders and whatever. So long as the content isn't exclusive to those who pay extra, and they can still be earnt through gameplay to all its fine.

I've always been an advocate for commanders being unlocked through gameplay, yet I would also pay for these commanders. It doesn't make me hypocrite, I'm just for supporting the average consumer who doesn't wanna get an ass riming.

e: I mean of course this could be avoided for entirely by just having it all unlocked in the first place, but such is the age of gaming we live in.
25 Jun 2014, 09:11 AM

The spoiles of war system is awsome. This "lottery ticket" system is much better than PAY 2 WIN system. You can gain commanders, bulletins, practically anything. It wouldn't bother me at all to win my doctrines this way rather than buy them. It's more game addictive (you are motivated to play more to see what "spoiles of war" will give you).
I hope they will drop entirely the "buy commanders system", tbh. It's more fun this way. Earn everything, don't buy it.
25 Jun 2014, 09:56 AM

The Recon Commander for the US looks really fun to use, especially with the IR Pathfinders. Anyone had any luck with playing it?
25 Jun 2014, 10:49 AM
Patrion 14

I love that people actually think this is a good system.

They put Diablo 3 into COH2. You know that game where you need certain gear to do the highest possible difficulties, but that gear never drops?

Imagine that with commanders. Instead of pay to win, we now have a system of "luckiest person gets best commanders, wins".

It's like we traded one evil for another.

We can't even earn them specifically, or trade in credit in a store... make's battlefield 3's/4's unlock system look better.
25 Jun 2014, 10:54 AM

I think the system is completely fine for skins or bulletins (which don't really have much impact but are just something you can have fun collecting), but with the commanders it is a bit problematic.

I think it can still be fine for the commanders that you can buy, that you have a small chance to get them by playing. But this shouldn't be the case for the base commanders.

3 guaranteed commanders for the new armies are too few. Ostheer and Soviets have a lot more free commanders that everyone had unlocked (after reaching certain rank or just in general added for free over time).

They should make the three additional commanders from the new armies either be a guaranteed unlock after playing a certain amount or unlock them from the start. I am against selling those commanders, as they should be part of the price we already paid for the expansion. If they want to sell us commanders in the future, then only future commanders which provide completely new units or abilities and are not already existing in other commanders. Those can then be additionally unlockable through the current war spoils system.
25 Jun 2014, 10:56 AM

relic introduces payed commanders, noone wants to pay and everyone think they should be free...

relic introduces free commanders through loot system, everyone wants to pay for them...

trolololol
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 10
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W