Login

russian armor

As double US

24 Jun 2014, 22:26 PM

Any idea how to play 2on2 with double yanks? Lack of early indirect fire seems to fuck up everything. Anyone know how to break out of base pin?
27 Jun 2014, 14:05 PM

No fricking clue, got stomped twice from the Wehr/OKW combo tonight. OKW does its usual thing, but then when it gets supported by Wehr MGs and grens it seems to become exceptionally difficult to face. I am not going to play again until some kind of meta develops and I have an idea on how I'm supposed to play the damned faction.
27 Jun 2014, 16:38 PM

There are certain maps that are pretty much impossible to beat I think. Semoisky and the new scheldt city come to my mind. The new forest map is pretty tough too.
27 Jun 2014, 21:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I've found 2v2 to be a lot tougher since the release. You need to be good at flanking and encircling enemies early on as US. I suggest 1 person go Lieutenant and put get an MG or two, and then utilize an M20 or M15 half-track. The other player can go captain and rush out a stuart, or grab a pack howitzer and put it to work.
27 Jun 2014, 23:14 PM

The howitzer is extremely underwhelming, when it lands hits it rarely kills more than one guy and quite often it lands close to enemies but barely damages them at all. Considering its cost and the inability to retreat, I think it's one of the least useful units in USA's arsenal currently. It was totally unable to deal meaningful damage to grenadier blobs even when it landed hits last night.
27 Jun 2014, 23:17 PM

I prefer going double infantry company for 3cp lmgs for rifle (they rape every infantry) and M7. But first secure one side of the map together and meanwhile send some REs to harass the rest with volleyfire spam. Later on spam M7Bs with M36s and Rifles with the 3cp lmgs.
27 Jun 2014, 23:20 PM

For the howitzer to be effective you need 2 of them and them have a distance between them, the barrage ability of the howitzers exceeds the normal firing range.

And the best way to use double USA, is to use smoke a lot, close in throw some nades or whatever and run. Don't forgot to build a forward base which is an major acting as retreat point and ambulance for healing and reinforcing.

Do change the position of the major often when you suspect the enemy to know you have a forward retreat and reinforcement setup
6 Jul 2014, 03:30 AM

I need 2x 480 manpower units to get good use out of them? That's basically an implicit admission that they're drastically under-performing.
6 Jul 2014, 05:24 AM

Tbh if you're getting base pinned you're doing something really wrong in the early game. US has strong start and weak finish. As double US, one guy should probably go 3-4 rifles ---> grenades, the smoke lets you deal with MGs easily.

Talking specifically about being pinned on semoisky or 2v2 scheldt: don't over commit. If you attack with all your rifles and fail you're in trouble, be more conservative and push slowly.
15 Jul 2014, 17:32 PM
Donator 11

Like Ohme mentioned before:

With double US:

- The first player is going onto a fast Lieutenant, after he build his 3rd Riflemen Squad.
- After this he is going to get a AA Halftrack as fast as possbile and use it in secoond line to avoid to get killed ba a fast puma or Pak. Dont worry, it will still be able to pin down the enemy and to deal a good amount of damage.
- After he got his AA Halftrack (and maybe if he prefer a Ambulance), he is going onto a fast Major to provide access to the mighty M36Jackson Tank Destroyer, one of the best on field Tankhunter. After this you can Adapt your strat. to the enemies playstyle
- He expands his HQ to get access to the Bazooka and equips some Squads with them.

- The scond player saves onto a Captain after his 3rd Rfilemen Squad.
- He tries to rush out a Stuart Tank and after this he builds some AT guns to get a good amount of AT for the team

The first player is going onto the Armor Company, so that he got access to the cheap M10 tankhunter as well or Airborne Company, because he saves enough ammunition to provide some heavy P47 Attacks and the second one chooses the Infantry Company, because he saves a lot of fuel which he can invest into the Priest Call-In and he can even equip his Rilfes with Browning 1919er.

Remember, all these just works, if you work together as a team, doesnt matter if 2vs2 RR or 2vs2 AT
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★