Login

russian armor

Should Micro be > Than Strategy?

25 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's important to differentiate APM and micro. Company of Heroes is an incredibly in-depth micro focused gRTS, but can and is played with a very low APM compared to lots of other RTS games, not just StarCraft II.
25 Jun 2014, 18:29 PM

Micro/Macro and Tactics/Strategy. Sooo...

I think many people me included like the focus the game puts on micro > macro, especially in comparison to Starcraft, (where I would suggest to everyone under Gold that he should COMPLETLY forgo every Micro and just focus on Macro, and build only blinkstalkers or whatever, and it will get him too gold.).

Also the Micro in CoH2 differs from lets say starcraft^^ In Sc you need a really high apm, to do all kinds of things, like using abilitys or repositioning single units during a fight, or even stutter step marines.
The Micro in CoH2 is easyer to execute.

To sum it up: Just think about fighting games. What is great about them? The mindgames and what skill to use in which moment at highlevel play. Sadly most casuall players can't experience it, because their biggest problem is the execution of the combos (the micro).

So I think CoH2 is still easy to Micro, and thats good. I also think its good that buildorder don't have to much influence, I would rather see Tactics to be important.
raw
25 Jun 2014, 19:03 PM

lose by build order is shit. this isnt sc2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★