Login

russian armor

Broken balance - Soviets vs OKW

PAGES (10)down
6 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

Isn't it great!?

I just played a 4 V 4 where we had 4 Soviets vs 3 OKW + 1 Ostheer.

The OKW players just quit. Immediately. I didn't even have time to send my maxim force at them and then run them off the map with 120mm mortars. The Ostheer was pretty shocked.

I won't even bother playing any other faction until the maxim gets addressed AGAIN. Relics circle jerk balancing style is just laughable and I don't know how any other company takes them seriously. After a year of balancing the maxim is exactly the same as it was at launch lol.
7 Jul 2014, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned
For me, soviets still OP, why?

GIANT DIFFERENCE with fuel...

What i will do with Volks and SturmPions vs Mass Maxpin EARLY spam??

And no problem if you kill 3 or 4 squads, they come back with more, soviet cheat???

Shocks???

Volks get Bazooka LOL!!! Dont kill anything, just light armor and get big problems with all the others armors (and not alone, with mix army and support)...

KV2??? OP!

IS2!!! (ULTRA OP, when the okw just have 1 panther).

And Double T85??? LOL!

Soviets still ultra op...

JUST DO ATTACK MOVE! STILL EASY MOD.

With german you need use a lot cover, but soviets just do attack move (and move bad), but no problem!

You hold the fuel all the time, cutoff the guy, and the soviet enemy call IS2 before you put a panther! No balance. And no mention that you need convert muni to fuel (hahahaha).

Or relic wanna that OKW hold 45 min. to put a Alone Slow Turtle Tiger and try get the lost game from the gods?

IS2 crazy OP right now.

US is balanced versus OKW, but for hard soviet player, need old german with tiger's (and some luck).
8 Jul 2014, 13:18 PM

Panzer II "Luchs" was moved to the Tier 4 building so it requires a bare minimum of 130 fuel to bring out! It's still fragile as hell and dies to a mine + AT gun shot.

It requires more than that, since to build T4 you need to have at least one truck converted already.

Luchs in T4 is a joke, it should be moved to lower tier building. Both murica and soviets can rush light tanks, okw is left behind.
8 Jul 2014, 13:23 PM

It requires more than that, since to build T4 you need to have at least one truck converted already.

Luchs in T4 is a joke, it should be moved to lower tier building. Both murica and soviets can rush light tanks, okw is left behind.

130fu, which after including already lower income in the lower tiering cost means P2 can hit the field just as fast if not faster then T-70 or Stuart.

P2 arrives right when it should.

You didn't liked 6 min T-70? What makes you people believe 4 min P2 is a good idea?

edit: @down
You're right, no idea why I thought it was 30, time to get a coffee I guess.
Thou that doesn't change a single thing.
8 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM

Trucks are 40 ...
And it is indeed imbalanced.
KV8 is the way to go lategame, earlygame maxims or sniper / m3 spam.
You need to spend your fuel on light vehicles as OKW to not get behind, so mostly Puma, maybe JP4.
JP4 will get raped by flanking t34 ( more than 1) and most probably guards ( button). Puma is crap when SU has Guards. You can not pin the guards because Kübels are the worst unit in the game after 3 minute mark. To save for Panther is extremely risky, and also this one gets blown up by mark target and t34s. M3 with flamer is extremely potent against anything in the early game, feels like an early kv8. With the low range of pueppchens you get annihilated if the enemy knows how to flank. OKW vs SU is just totally broken please get it...
8 Jul 2014, 15:02 PM

It's probably in a better position than ever. The extra health and an actually functioning vet 1 power is pretty nice for it.

I think it's viability has changed since I wrote that post.

There are still issues between these two factions. I'll have to play around with the new Panzer II and make some decisions.
8 Jul 2014, 15:13 PM

damn... some ppl and their twisted opinions really shed a bad light on us players, who prefer to play the german factions

could you stop that? i doubt i ever voice my concerns about balance, if i have the feel i might be considered one of your lot. i wont call anyone out here, but im sure you will know if im talking about you

thanks, guys
8 Jul 2014, 17:23 PM

130fu, which after including already lower income in the lower tiering cost means P2 can hit the field just as fast if not faster then T-70 or Stuart.

P2 arrives right when it should.

You didn't liked 6 min T-70? What makes you people believe 4 min P2 is a good idea?

edit: @down
You're right, no idea why I thought it was 30, time to get a coffee I guess.
Thou that doesn't change a single thing.

Its 40 +80 +50 = 170 fuel to get 1st p2.
And dont forget, that if you decide to build one p2 you kind of fucked for a long time, because the other tank from t4 is panther for another 170 fuel. Good luck getting this in competitive match as okw. (you could get puma if you went t3 instead of t2, but who goes t3 t4 as okw, not beign able to heal your expensive infantry)
8 Jul 2014, 17:46 PM

Its 40 +80 +50 = 170 fuel to get 1st p2.
And dont forget, that if you decide to build one p2 you kind of fucked for a long time, because the other tank from t4 is panther for another 170 fuel. Good luck getting this in competitive match as okw. (you could get puma if you went t3 instead of t2, but who goes t3 t4 as okw, not beign able to heal your expensive infantry)

OKW starts with 40 fuel, so your math is flawed at its base.

Now, think why you need early puma.
To counter US or sov light armor.

Exactly what P2 can do. By 10-11 min you'll have both P2 and puma if you convert fuel.

Its all about how do you manage your eco and unless you base your infantry on Obers, pios or fallshirms, healing isn't really needed that much early.
8 Jul 2014, 17:52 PM

Katitof. The P2 is crappppppy. A Puma well used can beat a Sherman. A P2 isnt even that heavy of AI. I never do anywhere NEAR how well I can do with a T70 and something is up with its vetting. It vets stupidly slow for how cheap it is. Where the T70 I can vet up in no time flat.

That unit is still off. 9/10 times its a waste of resources that are sorely needed.
8 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

PanzerII I find is very useful, especially against soviets that rely on call in armour or US players that go for the AA HT/Ambo.

Hell even if they rush out a Sherman your PanzerII/obers would have done enough damage by then to make it worth it.
8 Jul 2014, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 18:13 PMRollo
PanzerII I find is very useful, especially against soviets that rely on call in armour or US players that go for the AA HT/Ambo.

Hell even if they rush out a Sherman your PanzerII/obers would have done enough damage by then to make it worth it.

Go start up a comp stomp. Build a Fast T70 and micro it. Do the same with a P2 see which one you like better.

IMHO it should more or less be a mirror unit and it would be something OKW badly needs (Armored AI HT has no armor)

Even though the price is similar and the roles are similar I find it much inferior to the T70 in every conceivable way. Sure I can use UP units and have them come in handy but that doesnt make it any less UP.
9 Jul 2014, 06:45 AM

OKW starts with 40 fuel, so your math is flawed at its base.

I'm just stating how much does it cost to build 1st p2, not how long you need to wait for one

Now, think why you need early puma.
To counter US or sov light armor.

Exactly what P2 can do. By 10-11 min you'll have both P2 and puma if you convert fuel.

p2 will not counter t70, it will work only vs allies trucks (m3, m5, flaktruck)
9 Jul 2014, 07:41 AM

Use M3s.

Failing that, try building a few Maxims and park them in buildings. OKW have no early building counters except for the raw DPS on Sturmpios if they get close.

uhmmm... Volksgrenadiers grenade?
9 Jul 2014, 07:44 AM

uhmmm... Volksgrenadiers grenade?

Volk grenade is no building counter. Poor damage and if he uses it he cripples himself and delay a shreck.
9 Jul 2014, 07:47 AM

I can't comment much on the P2 having not used it much. But in terms of tecking it is viable, just get 1-2 rakenwerfer and follow the P2 with a Jagdpanzer, not expensive panther.
9 Jul 2014, 08:38 AM

I can't comment much on the P2 having not used it much. But in terms of tecking it is viable, just get 1-2 rakenwerfer and follow the P2 with a Jagdpanzer, not expensive panther.

going 2 raketenwerfers means your AI will be based like 80% on one unit only - p2. not wise at all considering how squichy this thing is, and how spammy allied armies are. and to get jagdpanzer after p2 means you need extra 135 fuel.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 140
Germany 23
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W