Login

russian armor

help please~~~~~

23 Jun 2014, 09:38 AM
Patrion 14

I am new to the map making and I am stuck on making map work in game.

I have very little knowledge of coding so I am using a really basic script. but I keep spawning with the enemy and the map looks so zoomed in.

The map does load though.

here's links to the sga file and the script.

the sga file

the script file

please help... i worked hard on the design and i am stuck and i cannot find any guides about this stage of map making.
23 Jun 2014, 09:53 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Your team setup is invalid. That's why your base is next to an enemy player.

You can fix your team setup by doing the following changes (assuming your map is a 2v2 map)
Click "Scenario -> Teams":

For 3v3:
players 1, 2, and 3 = team 1
players 4, 5, and 6 = team 2

For 4v4:
players 1, 2, 3, and 4 = team 1
players 5 ,6, 7, and 8 = team 2
23 Jun 2014, 10:25 AM
Patrion 14

thanks~~~. does anyone has any guess why it is so zoomed in?
23 Jun 2014, 11:42 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Post screenshots about that, please.
24 Jun 2014, 02:14 AM
Patrion 14

actually i think i just wasn't used to coh2 camera because i was so far zoomed out while making the map.

sorry about that.

but funny thing is when i look at enemy base, i see grass being removed on the place where they built the tier... ugh

also how to i make roads roads? i textured it but vehicles have no bonus or red cover.

please feel free to ignore. i feel like i am over demanding.
24 Jun 2014, 02:27 AM

Only certain textures apply negative cover - I believe these are found in the texture folders with "road" in their name (nm_road_dirt, nm_road_trim, stone_road, road_asphalt).

Also not sure what you mean by grass removed where they built the tier. I think you mean there is a dirt splat underneath the buildings they're building - I can't imagine any way around that.
24 Jun 2014, 03:32 AM
Patrion 14

Only certain textures apply negative cover - I believe these are found in the texture folders with "road" in their name (nm_road_dirt, nm_road_trim, stone_road, road_asphalt).

Also not sure what you mean by grass removed where they built the tier. I think you mean there is a dirt splat underneath the buildings they're building - I can't imagine any way around that.

thank you sir. yeah i see the dirt splat happens on official maps.

also, i changed my map name from "2nd try" to "pionersky" but it keep saying '2nd try' on it... i saved with the new name and changed the name on scenario tab. help please...
24 Jun 2014, 04:25 AM

You're probably seeing your old map with the same name, and possibly not seeing your new one.

"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios" - You don't need to do anything with the subscriptions folder, but try deleting "yourmapname".sga that has the old name and try exporting the package again.
24 Jun 2014, 09:54 AM
Patrion 14

thanks that helped. everything you guys told me worked perfectly. i am done with questioning for now thx ppl!
24 Jun 2014, 20:20 PM
Patrion 14

bumpppppppppppppp

i keep getting dark spot on tiles! and i cannot use certain tiles on them to hide them.

any ideas?
24 Jun 2014, 21:55 PM

You're using too many textures for tiles. I think the game only supports 8 rendered into one area. Not sure how big the areas are exactly. Basically the rule is: never use more than 8 different tiles in a map - or that happens.
25 Jun 2014, 01:18 AM
Patrion 14

again thank you.
27 Jun 2014, 00:55 AM
Patrion 14

i made a new 2v2 map and i need help again~~~~~~~~~~~~

i have one base assigned as "player 1"

another one is assigned as "player 2"

i do not know why new "starting position team" is a flag pole now. i guess its ok.

and for lua coding, i got it from a worldbuilder guide on steam

my first problem is i cannot do this

it says i have two teams have the same starting positions are assigned to 1 team, blah blah, please check TEAM DIALOG. --> (i dont know what that is)

second is after i export the map, i see it in game but when it loads it crashes and only available for 1v1.
27 Jun 2014, 03:54 AM

New starting territory (starting_territory_team) is a pole now after the WFA update. Starting_position_shared_territory objects go in those zones.

Anyway looks like you have that part correct. But I think your player assignments are screwed up. Team Dialogue is the menu you get (from the screenshots) if you go to "Scenario > Teams". If you have one pole (starting_territory_team object) assigned to player one, and the other assigned to player 2, then the teams should be Team1 = player 1, player 3
Team2 = player 2, player 4
SO it should look like the left side of this screenshot:

And the player starting positions in each base should be assigned player1 and player3 in one base and player2 and player4 in the other.

Crashing after loading the game usually means your syntax is incorrect with scar coding. Doublecheck it, remove it and add it back in piece by piece to find what code is causing the problem. Usually whenever my scar code is causing problems it's because I'm refering to an entitygroup that isn't defined (typos).
28 Jun 2014, 00:37 AM
Patrion 14

thanks bunk and because of you guys, my map is almost done.

and for real this time, last question.

i have roads made with spline with textures from "nm_road dirt". it has some splines over it like skid marks and stuff. i get no road properties from it: no red cover, no faster vehicle speed etc etc.

any idea?
28 Jun 2014, 01:21 AM

Road textures and cover are hit or miss. It's possible the texture you used isn't one that negates cover. You could always find a road texture that does negate cover and make it transparent and just place it overtop of your existing roads.

Sometimes I create roads that I don't want red cover on, but they have red cover in the game. Sometimes you just need to play the map and find out if the texture youre using has cover properties or not :(
28 Jun 2014, 01:50 AM
Patrion 14

loud and clear. thx for the help.
29 Jun 2014, 00:08 AM
Patrion 14

Pionersky

i just like to thank you for helping me finish the map.

i am not publishing it yet but if you would like to, you can download it there.

thanks all
30 Jun 2014, 07:09 AM
Patrion 14

well i need help again. i published my map on steam workshop, (4) The Primrose Path. anyway, i tried to create light sources and half-succeeded. my searchlight works but my lamps(all three kinds) will not light up!

here's what i did.

i did same thing with eg_lamps1, eg_lamps2, eg_lamps3, as to eg_lights (the searchlight one)

i do not know why lamps are not lighting up!
30 Jun 2014, 07:36 AM

This thread made me happy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
Russian Federation 49
unknown 45
United States 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W