Login

russian armor

How long after WFA release before we can talk balance?

How long after WFA should we wait before talking balance?
Option Distribution Votes
42%
18%
5%
11%
24%
Total votes: 76
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
15 Jun 2014, 10:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

So, WFA comes out in 10 Days

And we will be sure to see people play it once, lose and then immediately say something is unbalanced

Or possibly just look it and cry for the nerf bat.

Which means Balance should really be a forbidden topic until things have settled down a bit, and the balance forum should be unavailible until it has.

Or should it?

Edit:

"Never", means the Balance Forum should be availible from the start
15 Jun 2014, 10:36 AM

Probably first patch will come quickly to fix most obvious, glaring imbalances.
Then it will be once a month/two months tinkering when meta develops.

Obviously riot control on forums will have to be established as people will scream mindlessly "OP! NERF!" at everything and anything they don't understand and can't use.

Also, obviously last option, knowing all stuff and not being able to talk about it literally pains me, but only 9 more days to endure.
15 Jun 2014, 10:39 AM

If they started out now by explaining some of the new stuff and lifting NDA letting us watch but not play, that may help...
15 Jun 2014, 10:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you don't think that the balance forums will be especially productive after WFA drops, you could always read something else :) Or, if you like, you could strap yourself to the mast like Odysseus and read without succumbing to its siren song. I plan on stuffing my ears with beeswax and doing my best to avoid the balance forum altogether. Strategy forum 4 lyfe.
15 Jun 2014, 10:54 AM

oh don't worry, there will be people screaming OP 5 minutes after WFA is released.

The US gameplay video on youtube is already overloaded with comments screaming USA OP!!1!1
Hux
15 Jun 2014, 11:44 AM
Patrion 14

avoid the balance forum altogether. Strategy forum 4 lyfe.

WORD.
15 Jun 2014, 12:11 PM

If you don't think that the balance forums will be especially productive after WFA drops, you could always read something else :) Or, if you like, you could strap yourself to the mast like Odysseus and read without succumbing to its siren song. I plan on stuffing my ears with beeswax and doing my best to avoid the balance forum altogether. Strategy forum 4 lyfe.

Ah... but is Odysseus remembered or the rowers?
15 Jun 2014, 13:20 PM

When it comes out, the balance forum will boom probably.
I think a lot will change, and not just 'a few new factions', but also gameplay-wise.

As relic said, this is a BIG thing, they are working on it since the beginning.

I hope people will take a few days/weeks to let it all sink in.
Though I must say, if there are some serious issues, they should be addressed right away.

I'm really curious about the ISU and ELE.
15 Jun 2014, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 10:54 AMBurts
oh don't worry, there will be people screaming OP 5 minutes after WFA is released.

The US gameplay video on youtube is already overloaded with comments screaming USA OP!!1!1

It's funny because USF is probably the weakest faction currently. The fact that people make balance judgements off such a video is simply retarded.
15 Jun 2014, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 13:54 PMCieZ

It's funny because USF is probably the weakest faction currently. The fact that people make balance judgements off such a video is simply retarded.

Exactly.
And from the video alone you can easily tell how to hardcounter them already as ost.

People expecting vcoh 'murica steamroll are up for a surprise.
15 Jun 2014, 14:24 PM

222,HMGs, stugs I'm guessing.
15 Jun 2014, 15:41 PM

I think it's always interesting to see the new strats that people develop that the game testers don't. That's where the problem comes - from trying to predict the unpredictable.
15 Jun 2014, 15:53 PM

We should talk about it from the moment we see it, BUT we should always keep in mind that our opinion is only a first impression. Best of both worlds :D
15 Jun 2014, 16:40 PM

People shouldn't be talking about "balance" in the first days, but they should be talking about counters and stuff. If that takes people going "KING TIGER OP UNBEATABLE" then ok.
And then other people tell them how they counter it, and how those strats get countered etc.

It's how a playable meta evolves.
15 Jun 2014, 16:49 PM

Considering how different the new factions are, there will be a lot of crying on the forums. You can already see it in the alpha forums now.
15 Jun 2014, 17:35 PM

Fucking now fucking fucked hell
15 Jun 2014, 21:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it's always interesting to see the new strats that people develop that the game testers don't. That's where the problem comes - from trying to predict the unpredictable.

+1

2 1/2 weeks. I´m more worried about 2v2+ rather than 1v1. I´m interested to see some combination of commanders.
16 Jun 2014, 01:43 AM
Patrion 15

I'm looking forward to the first month. The meta wont be settled, people won't feel compelled to play the cookie cutter strats, and, hopefully, people will be trying new and creative strategies.

That being said I really didn't have a handle on the alpha until around ~25 hours of playtime and even after ~50 hours i'm STILL learning subtle nuiances about each faction(I'm a slow learner). Its going to take at least a month for the average player (not the top players who will likely identify the most optimal units and builds really quickly) to figure out how all the units interact and how to react to all the different engagements.

There should be a front page post (satire anyone?) regarding the incoming shit storm in the balance forums.
16 Jun 2014, 04:27 AM

The balance forum is going to go nuclear when the new factions hit. I will be right here, screaming OP OP OP right along with everyone else.

:D
16 Jun 2014, 04:58 AM

One month for sure.Clear ideas will be formed after 2 weeks though.But it will take a month to check all the combinations of new factions vs old,plus rebalanced old faction,plus new faction vs new..plus team game equation.Plus the new commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★