Login

russian armor

New SC2 ESports/Replay Features

22 Feb 2013, 12:10 PM

in-game social options so that tournament players can set their status to "busy" and not get spammed by idiots every time they try to play a tournament game.

Luckily that will already be available. With steam you get an audio notification as well as a small pop-up whenever you get messaged, and since the game is gonna use Steam I don't think they'll add any other kind of overall chat system like RO. With both the audio and the pop-up notification easy to disable, it shouldn't be a problem. :)
22 Feb 2013, 13:55 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

blablabla...I don't think they'll add any other kind of overall chat system like RO...blablabla :)

Are you sure? :D :D :D :D
22 Feb 2013, 14:58 PM

... No. :(

I don't see why you'd want it though, seems like a waste of resources.
22 Feb 2013, 15:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Well...It would be easier to coordinate a group of people, especially during tourneys, if you can have chats like RO chats. Steam does allow people to join public chat groups (like the one we have on COH2.ORG Steam group) but it's not really intuitive and simple as it would be if the chat system would have been implemented ingame.

And I find it a lot better having a unique chat system where I could talk with anyone, friends or unknown people :)

Anyways, I may have quoted your sentence for a reason... :P
22 Feb 2013, 16:04 PM

Actually an ingame chat à la COH1 can exist in a steam game. It exists in DOW2 (well, only Retribution) but totally underused, even if DOW2 community asked to have one.
Maybe it will be in COH2 ? who knows.

on topic, great features
but don't dream too much guys, Blizzard targets an esport audience. Relic/Sega won't even try (imo).
The only way to see those features in COH2 is that COH2 become an eSport on its own, and then, maybe Relic/Sega will consider to implement them.
22 Feb 2013, 16:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

It is because DOW2 is most likely a dead game now, but games like SC2 or COH always used this kind of chats a lot.
22 Feb 2013, 16:22 PM

no no, even when DOW2 was healthy, those ingame chats were never used for tournaments organization. We always used Steam group chats.
But a reason could be that we had those ingame chats 2 years after vanilla release, so we were used to do without.
22 Feb 2013, 16:22 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Actually one of SC2's major failures at launch was it's in-game lobby system, as in, there wasn't one. There was no lobby and no lobby chat, and it was one of the biggest whining points of the community for many months. Blizzard has improved it with patches, but it's still not ideal. It's important for players to be able to meet new players within the game UI. This bolsters community interaction and helps increase the social aspect of the game.

The importance of a good lobby/in-game chat system at launch is another thing that Relic can take away from the SC2 experience, but this time they could do it much better than Blizzard.
22 Feb 2013, 16:58 PM

Yeah GR chat and other in-game lobbies rock! I actually do enjoying reading it. Setting yourself to busy though would be grand, especially when your streaming and get trolled in heavy whisper spam abusive stuff.
22 Feb 2013, 17:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you mean you like talking about jews, niggas, faggots and all the other insulting stuff that makes up 95% of the ingame chat? ;)

but yeah, an ingame lobby would be nice.
22 Feb 2013, 18:20 PM

Yeah GR chat and other in-game lobbies rock! I actually do enjoying reading it. Setting yourself to busy though would be grand, especially when your streaming and get trolled in heavy whisper spam abusive stuff.

After Charles Darwin at school , The GR in game chat have unique teachers who have their own version of evolution ..Lions > than humans , Forests getting ruined by B**** / A***** etc etc

Having seen in game chats it often ends up as a resort for players venting out than a place to be social . having lobby options to interact with clan members and friends would be cool though .

23 Feb 2013, 01:34 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

We totally needs this. The amount of times I have experienced abusive spam when I am streaming and to others is ridiculous.

One more thing I just realised. Since everyone is allowed only one profile why don't you have an option to never play against abusive players even in ranked games. Let's say you played someone like the sageofsixpaths or whatever and you never wanted to play the guy again because of his unpleasant behavior. This option would be perfect for that.

Also in general there should be an easier way to report someone if they are abusive or if you suspect them of cheating. Originally people would have to go onto GR and onto the fair play forum if you wanted to report someone. This was very inefficient. Instead I would suggest putting a report player button in the actual in-game interface with a list of sub categories such as 'suspected cheater' or 'abusive language' and then a short section for the reporter to detail the suspected offender.
23 Feb 2013, 02:06 AM

One more thing I just realised. Since everyone is allowed only one profile why don't you have an option to never play against abusive players even in ranked games. Let's say you played someone like the sageofsixpaths or whatever and you never wanted to play the guy again because of his unpleasant behavior. This option would be perfect for that..

then i would use this option to never play against pplayers that are betetr than me and i would level up easy...
23 Feb 2013, 02:32 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2013, 02:06 AMMVGame

then i would use this option to never play against pplayers that are betetr than me and i would level up easy...

Well no because you would have to beat the best to become the best. And anyway torny matches show the proof.
23 Feb 2013, 02:51 AM

Yeah but there are heaps of people with noob basher personalities out there. Plus, Hans does it not feel the best when you beat SageoftheSix? I am happy to take the abuse from that guy in-game just to see him crumble in defeat MVGame
23 Feb 2013, 12:20 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yeah but there are heaps of people with noob basher personalities out there. Plus, Hans does it not feel the best when you beat SageoftheSix? I am happy to take the abuse from that guy in-game just to see him crumble in defeat MVGame

Ok you win the debate. :D
23 Feb 2013, 13:11 PM

I was wondering if COH / Relic had the budget that blizzard has , what would COH 2 feel like ?

24 Feb 2013, 15:22 PM

Just to add more to the replay viewing features. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a tactical draw?
In both in game and replays if possible also. So many times I want to show or explain things to friends but unable to since theres no group replay view.
We can only dream for these cool features I guess... o_O
26 Feb 2013, 09:59 AM

Why not just an option to disable ingame chat with your opponent so you don't have to read all the abuse. Make it invisible to the other guy too so he still thinks his messages get through....
27 Feb 2013, 02:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2013, 16:15 PMS73v0
I'm really hoping with the delay due to Sega acquisition we can get these features, hell I don't mind if they delay the game even longer for this.

MOTHERFUCKIN' YES!!!1

I completely agree. There's a couple of features I'd also include that'd be a little more relevant to CoH2 gameplay, but if we got some of these types of things in the replay system... omg tits.

I especially like the "Watch With Others" feature as well as the match customization feature(s) for, essentially, casters.

One of the less apparent gems, that may already be in the SC2 replay system, is the ability to see everyone's resource level at the top-right corner of the screen. That would give both solo and multi-caster'd games more strategic discussion in the frequent lulls between battles.

Obviously the group watching feature would be great for us casters who shoutcast games together. It'd make everything so much easier it's ridiculous. But I also think it's great for competitive play. Say you're playing a 2v2 or 3v3 with friends and you're going up against a team that's posted some replays. You grab a file, launch the game and invite your team together to watch what your upcoming opponents did in their last match. You develop strategies together for the upcoming match and away you go. I think that'd really add to the competitive play, especially in a game like CoH where there's arguably more tactical considerations involved (especially with the environment) than in SC2.

Just to add more to the replay viewing features. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a tactical draw?

Also gotta agree here. I'd love it if you could pause, click a button or tap a hotkey and get a little digital toolbox where you can draw, erase, reset, change pen color, etc. Just for quick tactical discussion before or during a battle, or even afterwards in order to point out potential disasters & breakthrough points.

I also think this would help in map design too. Not going from creation->compile->play->shit, that's fucked->back to editor->attempt fix->compile->play->shit, didn't see that->back to editor...

If say a map author could get four people to watch a replay with him/her and they can either draw in real-time or even draw on their local screens and send screenshots or replays with the drawings of suggested changes to the author, I think that would kick some serious ass.

Also, if you could do this while playing in-game with yourself (if you want to remind yourself what the fuck you plan on doing for some reason) or, and especially, with a team (be it one other person or three), that would be great. With all of the available paths in the game and the various flanking possibilities, especially now with TrueSight, it'd be great to say something like, "aiight bro, Imma send these dudes right up here then do a U-ee to the right, and try to pull them into my AT gun, set your MG up here to protect it" and have corresponding drawings on the main screen and/or minimap.

Oh, this is just a huge fucking wall of text, full of sexual energy. I type too much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★