Login

russian armor

A few strange issues with my first map.

1 Jun 2014, 11:49 AM

So I'm not too far away from completing my first map but I've had a few weird problems:

1. I've spawned a buried_bunker_wreck but while testing it's repairable and the AI will often repair it within the first few minutes of the match i wanted it to be permanently destroyed is there way to make it stay destroyed?

2. Most minimap icons are sideways yet awhile into the game (i haven't timed it yet) it fixes itself but every game the majority of icons will be sideways for awhile.
http://i.imgur.com/Chty8kk.jpg

3. placing barbwire a certain way as shown in the image below and my engineers will ignore the command and the ghost of the barbwire will stay no matter what i do with the engineers.
http://i.imgur.com/wdbqcZ7.jpg
It only seems to happen if i place it with both ends in a red non buildable state.
And no I'm not holding down shift even if i retreat the unit the ghost wire is still there. :S

4. While going through objects early on into the map i placed an MG42 and later noticed i cannot select it/move or delete it no matter what mode I'm in, In game it's just a regular MG42 that can be taken despite it being half in the ground in the editor it's perfectly upright ingame.

Despite searching i haven't found anyone with similar issues on their maps while they don't break the map it's mainly the MG42 i want gone since it gives one side an advantage early on the others issues i can live with but hopefully could be fixed in some way.

Also is there a reason why the territory lines are kinda wobbly? I've seen other custom maps have fairly normal smooth lines but mine don't seem to look as good for some reason.
1 Jun 2014, 14:39 PM

To remove the MG,

http://www.coh2.org/topic/17610/need-help-infantry-not-deleting

As far as the icons, this is on my list too. One of my maps suffers from this, but it doesn't go away after a few seconds. I just haven't taken the time to look into it yet, as it doesn't change game play.

For the buried bunker, make the object a visual, that should fix that.

If you select the engineers who were to build the wire, and hit the stop icon, do they go away?
2 Jun 2014, 18:00 PM

To remove the MG,

http://www.coh2.org/topic/17610/need-help-infantry-not-deleting

As far as the icons, this is on my list too. One of my maps suffers from this, but it doesn't go away after a few seconds. I just haven't taken the time to look into it yet, as it doesn't change game play.

For the buried bunker, make the object a visual, that should fix that.

If you select the engineers who were to build the wire, and hit the stop icon, do they go away?

Yeah this method seemed to of got rid of the MG.

The icons seem to stay sideways for a random amount of time from what i can tell but yeah it doesn't affect the game so its not a big deal.

I tried switching the buried bunker to visual but it's still repairable ingame.

Nope the ghost of the wire will stay there the entire match no matter if the engineer unit has been told to stop retreat or even if they die.
It only happens when placing it that way in the image with one barbwire in the red on each side otherwise it works fine but I've never seen or heard of an issue like this before.

2 Jun 2014, 19:31 PM

With the buried bunker perhaps try to set it as a nonselectable entity?

"EGroup_SetSelectable(YOURENTITYGROUP, false)"
3 Jun 2014, 17:13 PM

With the buried bunker perhaps try to set it as a nonselectable entity?

"EGroup_SetSelectable(YOURENTITYGROUP, false)"

How would i do that? i dunno where to put that code, I'm still rather newbie at map making.
I tried EGroup_SetSelectable(buried_bunker_wreck, false) in the console but that just gave me nil value.
I found out that setting it to visual did manage to work but now it's in its non wrecked state but can be damaged and destroyed where as id rather it stay in it's destroyed state.
Edit: I noticed as soon as i set it to visual it changes the object to the regular buried_bunker
i guess the wrecked version can't be set as a visual?

Update on the barbwire it seems it sort of just working again since I've added some more to my map it's been working in the recent couple of test matches I've done so.. yeah weird ill post back if it does start doing it again though encase i find any sort of cause for it.
3 Jun 2014, 18:03 PM

Yeah setting an object to visual always sets it to it's vanilla state (no damage). Visual objects also "have" 1hp, so the first hit from a tank or mortar shell will cause it to go into its Destroy state.

Anyway, place your bunker and make sure it's selected. Go to Groups at the top of the worldbuilder and click create entity group. Name the group anything you want. Make sure your bunker object is added to the group in the little menu that comes up. And then save the map (don't export it yet). Go to the folder you saved it in and there should be a file called "YOURMAP_ID.scar". Open it with notepad or another text editor and add the line "EGroup_SetSelectable(YOURENTITYGROUP, false)" underneath "-- [[ Entity Groups ]]". Save the file, go back to worldbuilder and export the map. Anytime you save your map it will remove your changes to the scar file so you have to do that everytime before you export.
5 Jun 2014, 03:34 AM

Yeah setting an object to visual always sets it to it's vanilla state (no damage). Visual objects also "have" 1hp, so the first hit from a tank or mortar shell will cause it to go into its Destroy state.
Interesting ill keep that in mind thanks.
place your bunker and make sure it's selected. Go to Groups at the top of the worldbuilder and click create entity group. Name the group anything you want. Make sure your bunker object is added to the group in the little menu that comes up. And then save the map (don't export it yet). Go to the folder you saved it in and there should be a file called "YOURMAP_ID.scar". Open it with notepad or another text editor and add the line "EGroup_SetSelectable(YOURENTITYGROUP, false)" underneath "-- [[ Entity Groups ]]". Save the file, go back to worldbuilder and export the map. Anytime you save your map it will remove your changes to the scar file so you have to do that everytime before you export.

I just tested this and strangely at first it is in a destroyed state but still repairable but if its destroyed again it's not repairable and seems to be like an entity.

Sorry for slow replys I've just been working on the map in small chunks as well as playing the game normally.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★