Login

russian armor

Rank badges

25 May 2014, 17:37 PM

Yeah, but elo and ranks are quite the same idea. Badges are just a cool way to display elo. And as elo is already implemented, ladder too : it's really a minor update to display elo showed as badges in loading and in ladder.
25 May 2014, 17:47 PM

Yeah these definitely need to come back. Honestly I think Relic really underestimated the power of rank badges/insignia, whatever you want to call them, that drive a person to keep playing and improving themselves. Leader boards with a rank attached to your player card just aren't the same as being branded with a particular badge or "league" of players.

I was suprised when they decided not to add it for CoH2, when they had already done it for CoH1, one of the first games to do so as well.

Here are some other hugely successful games that use leagues and rank insignia that drive players to play more.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2014, 16:23 PMKatitof
You guys remember why we don't have levels or even stars anymore on the loading screen?

For exactly the same reason we won't have this.

Relic can learn a lesson or two from Valve. They solved this problem in CS:GO where ranks are ONLY displayed in a lobby or on the scoreboard if they are on your friends list. In addition to this player ranks are only shown once the match has finished. It prevents people from belittling people during mid-game or pre-match over their rank. Of course anyone who is determined enough can just look up your steam ID.
25 May 2014, 18:01 PM

They could make it so that these badges only show in 1v1s. Everyones happy!
25 May 2014, 18:30 PM
Donator 11

Well one can hope they do something with the ranks in the upcoming dlc.
25 May 2014, 19:05 PM
Patrion 15

Now there's an idea
25 May 2014, 19:22 PM

Now there's an idea

+1 if its the only manner to get it
25 May 2014, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This has already been said too many times before. +7

26 May 2014, 01:11 AM

Yes, rank badges in CoH2 suck serious balls. I don't think anybody was ever interested to look at their new badge after earning it, they all look the same anyway.
26 May 2014, 03:54 AM
Patrion 15

If nothing else it would be nice to hear Relics stance on the issue. With the recent tourney announcement, and the positive response to it, it would seem that the interest in the competitive side of the game is trending in the right direction. Why not keep the momentum going?
26 May 2014, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2014, 17:30 PMKatitof
Its not what Relic can or can't do, its a matter of who Relic caters to.

There is extremely poor support for the non "comp stomp 3v3 4v4 scared of better players crowd" and to not scare that crowd Relic will restrain themselves from all eye candy that would in any way indicate that you are better player then your opponent/team mate.

Thats just your opinion based on your assumptions.

If you actually played some 3v3 and 4v4 you would realize that 90% of people who quit games are better players who are stuck with noobs and don't want to waste their time.

Other 10% are rage quiters and noobs who lose all units to the last model in first engagement, then quit.

So reason why people quit is not mostly 'fear', as you assume, but rather because they are forced into games that are not enjoyable.

P.S. most people who play 3v3 and 4v4 like to win, but main reason they play is to have good and fun game.

And yes, I probably quit 30% of the games after 5-10 min because its waste of time
26 May 2014, 09:35 AM

The thing is that CoH have and will never be a game meant to be played in auto-match 2v2 / 3v3 etc. It's a 1v1 game that you can enjoy with friends or team in 2v2 etc.

It's consubstantial to it's mechanics : it's just too much needed to have a pre-match briefing to be effective in 2v2. I don't even speak of more.
26 May 2014, 09:40 AM

The thing is that CoH have and will never be a game meant to be played in auto-match 2v2 / 3v3 etc. It's a 1v1 game that you can enjoy with friends or team in 2v2 etc.

It's consubstantial to it's mechanics : it's just too much needed to have a pre-match briefing to be effective in 2v2. I don't even speak of more.

Agree, this automatch attempt was meant to fix some valid issues with public Lobby system. But if anything just made it worse (for team games)
26 May 2014, 09:54 AM

I'm still wondering why there is not like in League of Legends, an auto match for classics and another one for ranked.
26 May 2014, 12:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I'm still wondering why there is not like in League of Legends, an auto match for classics and another one for ranked.

The CoH 2 player base is probably too small for that.
26 May 2014, 13:17 PM

+1

Didn't realize it until now but that would give COH back some of its competitive this-game-is-super-hard cred so I don't have to speculate whether my opponent actually unlocked these skins/bulletins/commanders or just bought them.

Not being able to mentally prepare for a challenging opponent is kind of a strategical dinger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★