Login

russian armor

Input delay

21 May 2014, 10:06 AM

Is it only me or the units back in vCoh were pretty responsive, but are slow as hell here ? I mean there is like a 1 second delay (which is enormous) between the click and the unit movement. Mix this with the shitty man placement : you click to move the squad, it takes one second for the first movement, but only three men moves, then 2 sec later the 4rd one sprint to rejoin his comrades. This is just so frustrating, quite as much as units moving by themselves out of covers when they are stationary and firing, without having orderer to move...
21 May 2014, 10:15 AM

It's not only you. This game just has a very shitty net-code or something. When you play off-line the units are very responsive.
21 May 2014, 10:40 AM

Oh god... And i imagine that it's more important to develop new games, new commanders, rather than just giving us a vCoH like ladder with rank and badges display on loading, and an input that dont last 1 second...
21 May 2014, 10:53 AM

Oh god... And i imagine that it's more important to develop new games, new commanders, rather than just giving us a vCoH like ladder with rank and badges display on loading, and an input that dont last 1 second...

Welcome to the 'the fuck Relic, y u not listening'-group.
21 May 2014, 11:45 AM

Is it only me or the units back in vCoh were pretty responsive, but are slow as hell here ? I mean there is like a 1 second delay (which is enormous) between the click and the unit movement. Mix this with the shitty man placement : you click to move the squad, it takes one second for the first movement, but only three men moves, then 2 sec later the 4rd one sprint to rejoin his comrades. This is just so frustrating, quite as much as units moving by themselves out of covers when they are stationary and firing, without having orderer to move...

There is really two issues here.

1. The delay between issuing an order and the unit reacting, this has been an issue since release but it has improved with the introduction of battle-servers.

2. COH2 units have more animations per frame, while this gives a more realistic look it doesn't help trying to unpack an MG and move it.

I believe in a previous patch Relic removed 10 frames to try and speed up the process a little.
21 May 2014, 12:11 PM

That is so reflecting the game industry mentality right now : who cares for those frames ? How can this have even passed the beta test ? I mean, relic would have made even more money if they made a game focusing on ... playing it, not looking at it. (and talking about graphics, i ran vCoh in ultra smooth, and with the same rig, i can run coh 2 all low, with stutters, and the graphics look the same)

And for candy in the game, why no badges ? I mean, was i the only one wanking at those shiny badges displayed in ladders and in loading ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★