Login

russian armor

Minesweepers

21 May 2014, 09:53 AM

How exactly do you use minesweepers?

1. Do I have to manually click on a mine when my pio/CE finds one?

2. Does it automatically disable the mine after awhile if left alone?

3. When you give an attack-move order to your pio/CE, does it stop to disable a mine before going to it's given destination?

I'm fairly noobish and the AI doesn't really make any mines and I get trampled in automatches on 1v1 but do fairly well in team games. A little help and a few tips would be wonderful.
21 May 2014, 10:00 AM
Patrion 14

Pios clear out mines automatically when they are in detection range.
Not sure about 3. tho but i think they dont stop clearing (guy with minesweeper has no weapon?), unless you retreat.
21 May 2014, 10:49 AM

3. I always use them with a-click. If you just rightclick somewhere, they might detect a mine, but wont stop. With Attackmove they defuse every mine they see.

1/2: I think they get to it after sometime, but most of the time if I see it I click the mine with the pios.
21 May 2014, 16:24 PM

1/2. I'd say yes. Same as Lichtbringer. I believe they get to it, but only after some seconds idleing.
3. Attackmove does force them to remove them.

Mines stay visible even if the Sweepers leave the area. But I don't know if it has to do with range or time, when they become hidden again. Whilst visible you can walk over them with any troops, attack ground with tanks...

I'd like to see the Sweeping Teams updated. More UI info. I'd like a dotted ring when they are selected to show their sweeping range and a little icon or text popup when they find a mine. Maybe even the name of the mine: a simple "Tellermine" or "Demo Charge" in red font like the crits on vehicles.

And I don't recall the exact interaction of sweepers and demo charges. But the trigger button to detonate them should be disabled if the demo charge is in the sweeping range of the sweeping team. Even better but more complex would be the idea to toggle the instant detonation to a timed detonation of 5(?) seconds so if the sweeping team finds a demo charge and the owner of the charge notices this he can trigger it and the sweeping team has to hurry to disable it.
21 May 2014, 17:23 PM

A pop up for mine detection would be nice.

On Stalingrad I have noticed that in some places even detected mines remain 'invisible' from a normal camera height. This is simply because of the color of the map and the ambient smoke/dust clouds.

The soviet trip flare mines and the 7 ammo anti-personnel mine (forgot the name) are practically invisible on a lot of maps too even when detected.
21 May 2014, 17:54 PM

A pop up for mine detection would be nice.

On Stalingrad I have noticed that in some places even detected mines remain 'invisible' from a normal camera height. This is simply because of the color of the map and the ambient smoke/dust clouds.

The soviet trip flare mines and the 7 ammo anti-personnel mine (forgot the name) are practically invisible on a lot of maps too even when detected.

There is a pop up "mine detected".
21 May 2014, 23:00 PM

I want CEs and Pios to suicide themselves clearing mines if I want them too not just sit there and shoot back if there is a single enemy near leaving the mine field for me to have to deal with later.

Thats my biggest gripe about sweepers. Put down your rifles already and clear them SMines already....
21 May 2014, 23:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I want CEs and Pios to suicide themselves clearing mines if I want them too not just sit there and shoot back if there is a single enemy near leaving the mine field for me to have to deal with later.

Thats my biggest gripe about sweepers. Put down your rifles already and clear them SMines already....

I'm 90% sure you can clear mines while under fire. If you let your engineers sit around the mine they will defuse it until they spot an enemy, same with attack move. But if you actively select the mine they should defuse it.
21 May 2014, 23:29 PM

I never can get them too. The sweeper just sits right there on top of the mine field while the other CEs take pot shots. Unless there is some keyboard command that overrides that behavior.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 14
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 149
Germany 24
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L