Login

russian armor

Auxillary off map reinforcement locations

20 May 2014, 23:30 PM

So, I have some capture sectors, that when owned, off map reinforcements can arrive from a secondary location. I've gotten it to work, except I want two separate sectors, each with its own new location, that can only be activated by a certain team. For example, the left flank aux reinforcement, for only team 2, while team 2 owns that sector. If team 1 takes it, they cannot call into that location, but vice versa for the right flank sector.

I tried assigning the gameplay objects to the specific players on the team, but still when the other team takes the sector, they can call in on that location.
21 May 2014, 17:52 PM

I have no idea how to fix that, but the idea is awesome. :)
21 May 2014, 19:40 PM

Yeah, when a team capture's both sectors, its pretty much roll time, which I would like to avoid, but maybe the competitive community would like that, I'm not too sure. I did play the map a couple of rounds with the aux reinforcement points, and it was quite interesting. I suck at competitive play though, so I don't exactly know whats best. :) I was thinking there might be some SCAR scripting that could achieve what I am looking for.
21 May 2014, 23:16 PM

Ive noticed that, even when assigning player ownership on the capture-able "map_entry_point", after saving the map, and re opening, it is reassigned to world....

I guess the question is, should I keep them, making it based on rushing to those points to win, or just remove them.
21 May 2014, 23:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I dont know your map but I'd say if the point is equally far away for both sides and if the map is for 3v3/4v4 it should be fine.
If one side is closer to it you can maybe give that side (permanent) green cover to help to defend that position.
22 May 2014, 13:08 PM

Thanks for the input, its exactly what I needed. It's the 1v1/2v2 that can be found in Sector Feedback thread just below. Being so small, is why I wanted to restrict it where each team could only get 1 aux call in location, but since it cannot be done, I will remove them completely.

Cheers!
22 May 2014, 14:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

To accomplish per-team capture-able map entry point, I think you'll need a dummy territory point for handling the map entry point sector and ownership. This dummy territory point should not give any resources.
Perhaps territory_point_command acts like this?
Another good bet would be any of the *_invisible ones. (not control structure from campaign folder though)

Then, set this dummy territory ownership to the team you want to be able to use it. This territory sector can be as small as (1 * 1) meters. Make sure to place the map entry point over this territory sector. The map entry point should pick the owner from the territory it currently is so it's a good way to check whether or not the map entry point is placed in the correct sector. If I remember correctly this happens in a map save process.

Now, when ever you have connected territory supply line to this dummy sector via the actual sector, it will serve as a map entry point for the team specified in the WorldBuilder, by setting the owner of the dummy sector.
22 May 2014, 14:23 PM

I will definitely try this, thanks Janne! Leave it to the Finn's. :)
23 May 2014, 07:20 AM

I have the same problem to, when talking about saving and then getting set back to 'world'. I have this with map entry points...
23 May 2014, 12:25 PM

The suggestion worked, Janne. I useed Territory_command_point_invisible
As far as I can tell, it does not add resource income. It does not show up on the mini map, or in game. Works perfectly.

Rocket-
As far as the ownership of the entry points, it seems that is how it works. Who ever owns the territory point owns the entry points. As long as they are in the shared_territory, assigned to the correct players, everything should be fine.
23 May 2014, 19:39 PM

Rocket-
As far as the ownership of the entry points, it seems that is how it works. Who ever owns the territory point owns the entry points. As long as they are in the shared_territory, assigned to the correct players, everything should be fine.

Ok, thanks :)
24 May 2014, 00:21 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The suggestion worked, Janne. I useed Territory_command_point_invisible
As far as I can tell, it does not add resource income. It does not show up on the mini map, or in game. Works perfectly.

Rocket-

Great! Should be useful for others too. I like the over-all concept. Some maps, especially larger ones could have use for this.
24 May 2014, 14:15 PM

After some additional testing, I found it doesn't work as intended. Even if not connected to owned territory, you can still call in troops from that spot. :/
24 May 2014, 16:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Then the territory type must be something that does not support itself. If there's nothing suitable for this, it may require some SCAR coding.
4 Jun 2014, 22:30 PM

have a somewhat related question, anyone know if you can make a Infantry-(or vehicle-)only map entry point?
4 Jun 2014, 22:54 PM

There used to be Infantry Map Entry, and Vehicle Map Entry, objects in the COH1 world builder. I noticed they were missing when COH2 world builder was released.
4 Jun 2014, 23:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

@IronMedic With SCAR. Interval to check map entry pos and teleport vehicles to their map entry point. Unless there's a better solution.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
Netherlands 25
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak