Login

russian armor

Omega's Japanese Faction

PAGES (7)down
10 May 2014, 15:15 PM

Who give a shit if some of those tanks never used in combat ? if it japanese made then bring it to the game.

To OP: A very excellent post you made.
10 May 2014, 15:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

10 May 2014, 15:16 PM

Permanently Banned

20cp Gigantor, 1000 mp 300 fuel: Gigantor flies onto the battlefield, crushing pitiful allied troops under his steel boots and disintegrating tanks with his lazers. :D
Armor:1000
damage1000
Reload:0
health:infinite

and the japanese schoolgirls? (if u know what i mean) :snfBarton:
10 May 2014, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 15:15 PMKyle
Who give a shit if some of those tanks never used in combat ? if it japanese made then bring it to the game.

To OP: A very excellent post you made.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they even used some of the prototype stuff. Nothing rediculous like the O-I, but I read that they were thinking of putting a autoloader on the Chi-Ri. Would be a cool machanic for a tank to unload 3-4 shells in rapid succesion and then have a real long reload or the Ho-Ri which was basically a japanese elephant, but I understand relic has to stay somewhat within their parameters.
10 May 2014, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 15:16 PMakosi

and the japanese schoolgirls? (if u know what i mean) :snfBarton:

"What are we going to do on the bed Hanz-san?"
10 May 2014, 16:21 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I approve of this thread 100%. Great Ideas =].
10 May 2014, 16:48 PM
Donator 22

Please sign your contract for Relic here: ____________

:)

10 May 2014, 17:06 PM
Donator 33

10 May 2014, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 14:38 PMAffe
I m sorry to destroy all your dreams. but many People here complaining about weak soviet tanks.....well then just wait untill you see japanese tanks.Soviet tanks and equippment is godlike compared to Japans.

Most japanese tanks ar on par with the soviet T-70 light tank.How should Japan defeat IS-2, ISU-152 or Pershing?

Japan would be cool but sorry they have no interesting stuff.It would be just boring compared to the other factions.
A japanese faction would be a axis faction with weak and outdated infantry weapons and even much weaker tanks.That doesn t Sound like fun to me.

Tanks isn't everything, if Relic can really make the map Iwo jima and Okinawa would super favour IJA. Ambushing and stealth is their strength.

Your trash talk is like Generals GLA with shitty tanks, no airforce cannot win a damn game.
10 May 2014, 17:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

GLA had pretty shit endgame though
jarming kell and terrorist strike were saving grace
10 May 2014, 17:36 PM

GLA had pretty shit endgame though
jarming kell and terrorist strike were saving grace

Disagree, tunnel strike (as same as SC2 Nydus) {which is designed by the same guy :D} is very good. If they get electricity they are crazily good.
10 May 2014, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 14:38 PMAffe
I m sorry to destroy all your dreams. but many People here complaining about weak soviet tanks.....well then just wait untill you see japanese tanks.Soviet tanks and equippment is godlike compared to Japans.

Most japanese tanks ar on par with the soviet T-70 light tank.How should Japan defeat IS-2, ISU-152 or Pershing?

Japan would be cool but sorry they have no interesting stuff.It would be just boring compared to the other factions.
A japanese faction would be a axis faction with weak and outdated infantry weapons and even much weaker tanks.That doesn t Sound like fun to me.

Using realism as a means of CoH hypothetical comparisons is futile. T34 had amazing armor but they rarely deflect anything harder hitting than Ostwind flak in CoH2.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 14:24 PMAffe
Japan lacks generally in AT Options.

Japan killed tanks just fine, they just relied more on mines (sometimes carried by suicide bombers) and direct fire artillery. Also they mainly dealt with light-medium tanks, not very much heavy tank combat in the Pacific.
10 May 2014, 17:52 PM

I actually did a little bit of research on the Italians. They were even worse off then the Japanese. They didn't have much in the way of vehicles since they were knocked out halfway through the war, so they didn't even have that late war stuff the Japanese came up with and their tactics weren't all that different then the germans so it's hard to come up with unique abilities. Overall they were pretty much an inept arm of the German army.

They made a decent medium tank so there's that. Maybe if they had a few german reinforcments to fill them out a bit, but I'd wait till after I see what's left over from obercommand. Perhaps something a bit like the Panzer Elite.

I could see the Italians/Afrika Korps as a unified faction, with the Italians serving giving cheap infantry supported by earlier German tanks. I really want to see the Panzer III and the Flammenpanzer I. The Tiger was also deployed there, so we could see some heavier stuff too.
10 May 2014, 18:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well written.
10 May 2014, 18:35 PM

I have always said that the Pacific theater would be the best
DLC. New ideas for the Red Army - Marines, paratroopers, parachute and amphibious light tanks, 130 mm Coast Artillery, ARV T-34T

New Factions - Japanese Army, U.S. Marine Corps

But again, the "new" Germans and Americans in Normandy
10 May 2014, 18:36 PM

I bet the next expansion will have British forces and Japan army
10 May 2014, 19:01 PM

Using realism as a means of CoH hypothetical comparisons is futile. T34 had amazing armor but they rarely deflect anything harder hitting than Ostwind flak in CoH2.

T-34 had great armour against short barreled stug and P4 thats all.Or what you think is the reason why more then 40000 T-34s were destroyed in the war by Germany?

Japan killed tanks just fine, they just relied more on mines (sometimes carried by suicide bombers) and direct fire artillery. Also they mainly dealt with light-medium tanks, not very much heavy tank combat in the Pacific.

http://ww2db.com/vehicle_spec.php?q=180
In the Pacific War, where tank battles were few and far in-between, the M4 Sherman tanks easily out-classed their Japanese counterparts. Unlike their North African and European counterparts, the Sherman tanks deployed to the Pacific often used high explosive rounds instead of armor piercing rounds; the decision was made due to the reason that the Japanese tanks were thinly-armored, and armor piercing rounds often went through the tank without detonating the explosives. The armor piercing rounds, though, remained effective against defensive fortifications.

I don t know if you ever Play CoH2 multiplayer but there are definately heavy tanks in the game not only light tanks.

So you think a faction thats only weapon is to mine the whole map to do somehing against enemy tanks would be a lot of fun to Play?
10 May 2014, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 17:14 PMPorygon

Tanks isn't everything, if Relic can really make the map Iwo jima and Okinawa would super favour IJA. Ambushing and stealth is their strength.

Your trash talk is like Generals GLA with shitty tanks, no airforce cannot win a damn game.

To my Trash talk: Even the game dirctor from CoH2 Quinn Duffy is sceptic about Japan as a faction here is an interview with him:
http://onehitpixel.com/2012/10/09/company-of-heroes-2-principle-designer-on-capturing-the-eastern-front/38413
Dave: The Pacific?

Yeah, and also North Africa. We could do any front in war. The Pacific could be quite a challenging one because of the island campaigns. There was a real disparity in that conflict. The United States beat Japan with ten percent of their resources. Europe was the main war for them at the time, so it was a very asymmetric conflict because Japan just didn’t have the industrial might.

Dave: That could tie in with the series quite well from the sounds of things.

The army design could be very interesting. The Japanese army had no tanks, but they had guys with mines on the end of sticks – I read this once in one of the books I’ve read on the subject. The average American soldier had 400 pounds of equipment and support, ammunition, fuel, etc; and the average Japanese soldier had 2 pounds. Such a difference in the two forces and it would be interesting to explore for sure… but that’s no confirmation that we’re doing it!

You guys can see here that relic sees the same Problems like i do.They doesn t Sound very excited about adding Japan to the game.
10 May 2014, 19:05 PM

Good job Omega! you put in quite a bit of work in this haha
the only problem is going to be heavy tanks, they dont have anything that can face a pershing and is2 face to face like a tiger can. Gonna be tough but im sure relic could make it work into CoH2.
10 May 2014, 19:13 PM

Japan never really had the need to have heavy tanks because what for? China had no tanks, maybe some light ones, infrastructure in China was also in bad shape, not to mention that China is mostly highlands and mountains, Thailand, India, pacific islands had mostly jungle terrain type, it would be hard to maneuver with heavier tanks, the attack on USA forced Japanese army to create heavier tanks to counter Shermans. Japan main battle tank was Chi-Ha but due to their weak armour and gun, they were overwhelmed by Shermans, that's why in late war japan was able to deplay first tanks that were better than Shermans, Chi-To and Chi-Nu but it was already too late for them to change the tide of war
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS