Login

russian armor

Western Armies - Tiers and Units?

PAGES (8)down
10 May 2014, 00:28 AM

I wouldn't say that there will be a definitive setting. As it is we have KV-1s and KV-2s alongside IS-2s so I wouldn't put too much thought into the exact time period.

It will likely encompass everything from Normandy to the Rhine river.
10 May 2014, 00:38 AM

We know about these units so far:

OKW:

Sturm Tiger
King Tiger
Jagdtiger
Kübelwagen
Luchs
Puma

US Forces:

Airborne Ranger
Riflemen
Sherman
M10

And it looked like there were some OKW infantry squads and maybe an additional US infantry unit type
10 May 2014, 01:08 AM

was there an m10? I didn't catch that.
10 May 2014, 01:23 AM

Jagdtiger confirmed??? when and how? I think I've lost that part xD
10 May 2014, 01:32 AM

I'm hoping for a post market garden Bulge kind of period. So I'm hoping for later models of Sherman like the Easy 8 and Jumbo...

@ Krono, we see the front of the Jagdtiger hidden in bushes in the trailer.

All the German light and heavy armour suggests something to me.

Will the West Germans focus on light mobile armour (Pumas, Luchs) and follow it up late,late game with the super heavy stuff? We've seen Jagdtigers, Sturmtigers, there's the smell of King Tigers in the air as well. That is what has been suggested to me so far with this faction. We've seen nothing about West Germany's infantry though, so we'll have to see what happens on that front.

Personally, I'm excited about OberKommando West, I think I'll be focusing on that along with my Soviets, I sense that the matchmaking balance will be a bit more 50-50 with the American fans on the one side and the General German fans on the other.

I do hope they don't badly screw everything up by making whacky factions like Brits and PE... Though I'd love to see the comeback of the Kettenkrad...
10 May 2014, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 01:08 AMrappit
was there an m10? I didn't catch that.

There are several m10 files inside an USForces archive which were added with the previous patch
10 May 2014, 01:52 AM

I think there are two Shermans confirmed if you look at the steam screenshots and then back at the trailer. One that has a 75mm gun it looks like here - http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/260309/ss_4428682c2ae1daa7103c02230dadb6fee5838272.1920x1080.jpg?t=1399656456
The one from the trailer we already know through the DLC Commander to be the 76mm which has a barrel length that seems pretty obviously longer than the one in this picture.
10 May 2014, 01:53 AM

They look like some of the M4A2 models with the flat sides...
10 May 2014, 01:56 AM
Donator 11

Thinking of this expansion makes me sick.. if the expansion is awful then coh2 will be dead. And im really scared some guy at relic thinks the brit design was a good thing for vcoh. I really hope they just design new factions.. not a new way to play the game kind of faction like the fucking brits was.
10 May 2014, 02:40 AM

The pics I've seen for the US infantry (apart from the Paras) look pretty poor to my mind...

My chief fears are A) it'll be another Elite troops/industry exercise in P2W except on a faction level... i.e. totally imbalanced...

B) It'll be a buggy mess of the above.

C) Everything will be too crap for the current factions (compared to the others, this is the preferable option, although probably not for Sega's beancounters...
10 May 2014, 04:02 AM

I think I remember seeing a P4 in the trailer.
10 May 2014, 04:03 AM

i made a massive western armies trailer screenshot thread with speculations, but i can't seem to find it

sigh
10 May 2014, 04:04 AM

I'm HOPING that we won't see any old units from OH in the West German army... but we'll see...

I've been hoping that the P4 was from the Ostheer to represent things in a similar way that we see the Soviets and US together...
10 May 2014, 04:47 AM

They will fuck up the balance even worst than it is today, though it's quite hard to do it. But they'll succeed!
10 May 2014, 08:57 AM

They look like some of the M4A2 models with the flat sides...

Actually those are M4A3(75)W shermans.
10 May 2014, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2014, 23:47 PMrappit

German OKW faction:
A few Units apart from Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger we already saw in the Trailer:
-King Tiger - Henschel
-Jagdpanther
-Jagdpanzer IV/70
-Hetzer
-Marder III
-Panzer III
-Hummel
-Knights cross holders
-Stormtroopers
-Volksgrenadiers
-Gebirgsjaegers
-Strosstruppen
-V1 rocket
-Fallschirmjaegers
-Hauptsturmfuehrer
-210mm Nebelwerfer
-Flak 88
-210mm Morser 18 Heavy Howitzer
-StuH 42
-Wirbelwind Flak Panzer
-Goliath

US Army
-M26 Pershing
-Sherman Jumbo
-Sherman crocodile
-Different Versions of the Shermans
-M 18 Hellcat
-M10 Wolverine Tank destroyer
-M36 "Jackson" Tank-Hunter
-M3 Lee
-Calliope
-Sherman 105 howitzer
-Rangers
-Ranger Captain
-M5 L/50 76mm Anti-Tank Gun
-155 mm Long Tom arty
-Riflemen
-Anti-Tank Team
-Airborne Rangers
-MG-Jeep
-Greyhound

That's quite the list, and I would like to see all those units, but I doubt we will, at least right away because a lot of them overlap. For example,the American faction simply doesn't need 3 tank destroyers and that's way too much infantry for the OKW. That being said, we may see many of these units eventually in doctrines, if not at the expansion's release. I'm personally hoping for a Jadgpanther for OST and an SU-100 for the Russians in some upcoming doctrine release.
Also, it's important to note that relic will probably be unwilling to copy the units from vCOH. I'm predicting that the wolverine will be replaced by the Jackson or Hellcat and the M8 will be replaced by some light armor, just to make it seem newer.

I m just saying it would be better to add all These new Units to OKW then giving them P4s and Panthers as a normal core units again.

The OKW could be a faction thats based on old lighter tanks(Panzer II & III) and tank destroyers without a turret(Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV/70, Marder III) for early and mid game and then heavy call ins as late game Units(Jagdtiger, King Tiger, Sturmtiger) together with elite infantry(Knights cross holders, stormtroopers).

The USA will maybe have strong aircraft call in abilitys and i would like to see the M36 Jackson TD with its powerfull 90mm AT gun.And they definately Need the M26 Pershing to handle the OKWs big cats. US infantry Needs Bazookas and that sticky bomb.
10 May 2014, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 01:56 AMspajn
Thinking of this expansion makes me sick.. if the expansion is awful then coh2 will be dead. And im really scared some guy at relic thinks the brit design was a good thing for vcoh. I really hope they just design new factions.. not a new way to play the game kind of faction like the fucking brits was.

I hope and pray Relic is aware that the Brits (and the PE, to an extent) were disliked.
10 May 2014, 10:09 AM

I hope the new factions will be HEAVILY influenced by coh1 vanilla factions. Hopefully they take what was good about Americans and Wehr and implement that into OKW and US.
10 May 2014, 10:10 AM

I'm hoping for a post market garden Bulge kind of period. So I'm hoping for later models of Sherman like the Easy 8 and Jumbo...

@ Krono, we see the front of the Jagdtiger hidden in bushes in the trailer.

All the German light and heavy armour suggests something to me.

Will the West Germans focus on light mobile armour (Pumas, Luchs) and follow it up late,late game with the super heavy stuff? We've seen Jagdtigers, Sturmtigers, there's the smell of King Tigers in the air as well. That is what has been suggested to me so far with this faction. We've seen nothing about West Germany's infantry though, so we'll have to see what happens on that front.

Personally, I'm excited about OberKommando West, I think I'll be focusing on that along with my Soviets, I sense that the matchmaking balance will be a bit more 50-50 with the American fans on the one side and the General German fans on the other.

I do hope they don't badly screw everything up by making whacky factions like Brits and PE... Though I'd love to see the comeback of the Kettenkrad...

This is embarrasing, I though he was talking about JagdPanther,not jgdtger... damn so many kitties-destroyers... -_-
10 May 2014, 10:14 AM

It happens, I'm hardly an expert on Sherman varieties as above. The Germans loved their TDs (and making up awesome sounding names for them)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 31
United Kingdom 29
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %