Login

russian armor

Is random auto match driving u crazy?

5 May 2014, 21:00 PM

I play mostly random 2v2 and 3v3 and often times get matched with nooby players in the same team, which makes the game unwindable no matter how hard I try. Automatch is supposed to match people according to their level, but why does it often "miss" match and put a noob with a high level player.
m00
5 May 2014, 21:06 PM
Donator 11

Can you link your ladder stats?
5 May 2014, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 21:06 PMm00
Can you link your ladder stats?

You just need to make sure that I am not a noob too for example, lol?

Today I was 9 at soviet 2v2 and dropped to 60 because of playing with noobs 3 games in a row.

Same thing happened 2 weeks ago, I was 10 and dropped again to 60. Also happened in 3v3 soviet, I was 13 and dropped to 90 because of another 3 games with complete noobs.

Take note in most of those games the other team was either good and or arranged.

Something is really weird about automatch.
5 May 2014, 21:28 PM

Play 1v1 or find partners
5 May 2014, 21:47 PM

Ladder is broken, a lot of people are playing above their league.

But yea, I wish they'd remove AT from the automatches.
5 May 2014, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 21:47 PMjacko
Ladder is broken, a lot of people are playing above their league.

We have the last patch to thank for that.
Many players who played germans got pretty high rank without having enough skill to stay there.

Now the game is no longer broken and actually pretty equal they are going down to where they should belong, placing the blame for being badly outplayed on the balance.

@op

If you want wins you NEED to find someone reliable to play with. Either that or go for 1v1s.
If you play just for the fun and don't care for wins, thats why random games are for and you shouldn't really complain about that.
5 May 2014, 22:03 PM

I agree. If you want to be serious about team games ladder you need to team up with someone and play together a lot.
5 May 2014, 23:04 PM

Automatch only drives me crazy when I do 1v1s. Usually because of Cruzz. Or actually, exclusively because of Cruzz.
5 May 2014, 23:22 PM

having not played automatch vs humans for 2 patches (the ppsh conspam one and the joke of an attempt at balance we had a few weeks ago) my 6 most recent matchups in 1v1 an 2on2 (AT) have been fine so far
yet i remember terrible matchmaking in the past. but i would have to confess: it isnt automatch's fault. its the lack of/ inactivity of high rank players than results in one getting matched up with "noobs"
6 May 2014, 03:26 AM

Permanently Banned
1 problema that i see is: sometimes the maps are constantly repeating, and worse, always taking the same side of the map.
6 May 2014, 04:40 AM

Guys, I appreciate your input, but...

suggesting to switch game mode or to team up with someone doesn't answer my question. I was hoping for information about how automatch works.

For example, what are the parameters used to match people in a game?

If you play just for the fun and don't care for wins, thats why random games are for and you shouldn't really complain about that.

Even if you play for fun having nooby mates 3 or 4 (hard) games in a row is not fun
6 May 2014, 05:01 AM

I heard that automatch matches you to your opponents ELO which increases or decreases depending on who you defeat or lost too. However, if you wait in automatch too long the ELO would expand too look for anyone just to find you a game.

I haven't confirmed this but since my past experience this seems to be the case. Also keep in mind that every noob player starts out with the average ELO but they have to keep playing games for ELO to determine their skill level. That means that you have a good chance of being matched up with someone who just bought the game.
6 May 2014, 06:57 AM

I heard that automatch matches you to your opponents ELO which increases or decreases depending on who you defeat or lost too. However, if you wait in automatch too long the ELO would expand too look for anyone just to find you a game.

I haven't confirmed this but since my past experience this seems to be the case. Also keep in mind that every noob player starts out with the average ELO but they have to keep playing games for ELO to determine their skill level. That means that you have a good chance of being matched up with someone who just bought the game.

wow that is crazy, no wonder I get matched with guys that are completely nooby. I wish we could confirm this.
6 May 2014, 07:48 AM

Teaming up is actually a solution..
That's one of the reasons why people look for a clan.. :)
Get a mate, join a clan, get some teamwork running and you'll pown those 'noobs' like no one else ;)
6 May 2014, 11:17 AM

Again the problem with Automatch!!!!!!

You guys do not want or cant get it. The Automatch is FINE.
The Problem is that COH2 has a SMALL Playerbase. that is the problem, not the Automatch!!!!

Example: Say there are 5000 players Online. You (rank 10 something) want to play a 3vs3 match. So you expect that the game finds you 5 players with about the same Rank as yours in the same time you are asking for them? You must be very lucky to get that.
Even in 1v1 you cant get always a opponent with the same rank, you want this in 3v3? get real people

I hope this will change!
6 May 2014, 13:23 PM

1v1 is for real men .\m/
6 May 2014, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 06:57 AMAbdul

wow that is crazy, no wonder I get matched with guys that are completely nooby. I wish we could confirm this.

Jinseual is correct.

it takes 10 games to get ELO

on top of that if you play 3v3, ELO decides by combined ELO ranking

So you might have one 270 ELO rank points player with 2 x 15 ELO rank points matched vs
3x 100 ELO rank points players.

Automatch will consider that as Balanced game.

Basically the longer you wait, skill difference will be greater and match up annoying,

If you get instant 2v2 game, you probably got teamate without ELO ranking (just started playing multyplayer) vs a probable good 2v2 team
6 May 2014, 13:30 PM

Wait what, I thought each game type had it's own ELO. Does it at least differentiate between factions?
6 May 2014, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 13:30 PMjacko
Wait what, I thought each game type had it's own ELO. Does it at least differentiate between factions?

You have separate ELO for each faction, bracket and arranged team you play in.
6 May 2014, 13:49 PM

Yup, in theory you could have 150 games of COH2 and having same ELO rank as someone who just installed the game. As far as Automatch is concerned
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★