Login

russian armor

Guards PTRS-41 AT Rifle

1 May 2014, 22:48 PM
1 May 2014, 23:29 PM

+1 OP, Guards w/ PTRS tends to jump back and forth while engaging the scout car which is stupid......
2 May 2014, 00:10 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the aim time come slightly down, but guards are already extremely potent units. The DP28s are great AI, the regular mosins are great, and the PTRs are sufficient.

And of course the holy hand grenade. ;)
2 May 2014, 00:12 AM

Disagree. The Guards + Sniper combo already makes it very, very hard to kill the Sniper with a 222, which is supposed to be its counter.

Plus guards can upgrade for button which is one of the most powerful anti-armour abilities through the various stages of the game (obviously combined with supporting AT for use against heavier vehicles).

2 May 2014, 00:55 AM
Patrion 27

On a slightly related note I noticed engineer flamers can cause an entire squad wipe on units due to the dancing caused by getting burnt despite changes ages ago.
2 May 2014, 05:32 AM

Disagree. The Guards + Sniper combo already makes it very, very hard to kill the Sniper with a 222, which is supposed to be its counter.

Plus guards can upgrade for button which is one of the most powerful anti-armour abilities through the various stages of the game (obviously combined with supporting AT for use against heavier vehicles).

Snipers are quite powerful right now but I'd like to see some additional counters pop up to deal with them. I think that the fault may lie with Snipers more than Guards there.

Consider that the past two patches have considerably increased the lethality of all weapons at nearly all ranges. Tanks are better than ever at killing squads. Infantry now have a selection of high long range damage weapons. Grenades have become very strong.

These things are bad for the slow aiming PTRS because fights are over quicker. They are also things that indirectly weaken Button Vehicle. The squad cannot move or defend itself while buttoning: it just sits there and fires away. A well placed rifle grenade or bundled grenade will cause the buttoning to end very quickly. Few other abilities need to be "channeled" in order to be effective.

2 May 2014, 06:34 AM

That's not a good reason. That's like saying MG42s should have low suppression because grens are overperforming(just an example). You don't make one unit bad at it's role because another is doing too well.
2 May 2014, 09:07 AM

By the way, what's the armor of Gurads? Cause they are dying like flies when meet PGrens.
2 May 2014, 09:17 AM

By the way, what's the armor of Gurads? Cause they are dying like flies when meet PGrens.

Because they are as durable.

Only shocks have armor.
All other infantry got 1 armor.
2 May 2014, 12:47 PM
Donator 22

+1 OP very very annoying, out of all infantry guards are the worst for this. Amount of times I button a scout car and it still gets away while I'm screaming FFS shoot it! and the guards are just derping about.

2 May 2014, 13:25 PM

This is true. Sometimes I button the 222 quick enough but the PRTS take so damn long to fire. When the button is done, the 222 usually got a little bit of health left and run away.

Please, we don' have fancy panzersherck or mighty at gun, just make the damn PRTS shoot faster or not taking so long to actually aiming down.
2 May 2014, 16:44 PM

Indeed. I had a game last night where I had a Guards squad covering a Sniper squad. Remembering my woes from the OP I had upgraded them with buttoning fire. The moment the Scout Car rushed past me and was in at close range I popped the buttoning fire on the 222.

"Here, at 5 meters range, surely the Guards will do their job and save my Sniper...", I hoped as I tried to keep the Grenadiers at bay.

NOPE. They didn't fire the PTRS once.

I don't even think that an Ready Aim time reduction would have helped me there as the PTRS dudes were just standing there idle as far as I could tell.

I believe that if you get Buttoned with a 222 at close range the 222 should die.
2 May 2014, 17:07 PM

Let me just aim this here rifle, whoops butter fingers.
4 May 2014, 09:42 AM

those snipers should always die to scout car.
4 May 2014, 16:13 PM

Well this explains why the scout car i was fighting earlier hardly took any damage from my guards. Wondered why they weren't shooting much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★