Option Distribution Votes
36%
64%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Apr 2014, 07:51 AM

EDIT: TITLE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE "WAS RAM OVERNERFED" sorry for the confusion

simple question. please use the poll xoxox

i was playing with t34/76's. my opponent waited for tigers, and sent his first one out. i rammed it three times in the direct back of the tank with three seperate t34's and it never got
'main gun destroyed' crit, it was only ever stunned.

i personally believe it was overnerfed because now T1-T3 builds are completely impossible to use if the opponent goes for tigers. you are forced to backtech to t2 or go to t4 which is incredibly expensive.

did they remove the crit?
is it not calculated by ram direction anymore?

feel free to give your opinions, i want to know if i'm becoming a soviet fanboy or not :(
29 Apr 2014, 07:56 AM
Donator 11

I don't think it was over nerfed at all I think relic have made ram what it should have been from the very start and that's a last ditch attempt to disable your enemy's tank (which now is random on the type of damage it does) not a free kamikaze guaranteed tank crippling ability.
29 Apr 2014, 07:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the ram was NERFED but really it role was changed more than a flat nerf, that just means you can't use it like you used to.

are you a fanboy, here is the definition so you tell me?
Fanboy is a pejorative term used to describe an individual who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors (often including logic) that differ from their point of view.

-random internet user

also the t34 got a pretty big buff this patch so if you are only using it to ram YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! :P here is the patch notes
29 Apr 2014, 08:01 AM

Don't know why you need a poll for this. The only correct answer is yes.

Ram
-Currently, ram is being used as a crowd control measure to disable other vehicles. The intent isn’t for a full health T34 to ram other vehicles; instead, ram should be used when the T34 is near death to highlight its usage as a last resort type ability.

-No longer causes instant main gun destroyed critical

-Now has a chance to cause one of the follow criticals to occur: light engine damage, heavy engine damage, immobilization, or main gun destroyed. The chance is weighed such that light engine damage has the highest occurrence where main gun destroyed has the lowest.

In other words it isn't something you shouldn't do unless you have no other option.

Edit: oh you mean overnerfed. In that respect no it isn't. T34s no longer need it to take out larger tanks. They can do that themselves as long as there is atleast two.
29 Apr 2014, 08:02 AM

There is changelog -_-
29 Apr 2014, 08:04 AM

L2R guys.

The topic is "Was ram nerfed", of course it is Yes.

But the poll question is "Was ram overnerfed?" Of course it is No.
29 Apr 2014, 08:14 AM

Why do you need a pool for that?
Patch notes too hard?
29 Apr 2014, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 07:51 AMbuckers
simple question. please use the poll xoxox

i was playing with t34/76's. my opponent waited for tigers, and sent his first one out. i rammed it three times in the direct back of the tank with three seperate t34's and it never got
'main gun destroyed' crit, it was only ever stunned.

i personally believe it was overnerfed because now T1-T3 builds are completely impossible to use if the opponent goes for tigers. you are forced to backtech to t2 or go to t4 which is incredibly expensive.

did they remove the crit?
is it not calculated by ram direction anymore?

feel free to give your opinions, i want to know if i'm becoming a soviet fanboy or not :(

To be honest, in my books going solely t1 and t3 has never really been a very rewarding strat unless you went soviet industry or some heavy call-in doc.

Ram feels good the way it is now, especially now that the t-34's been buffed.
29 Apr 2014, 08:24 AM

sorry guys i was a bit tired when i wrote the topic, yes i'm aware that ram was nerfed... the question is about it being overnerfed.

i'll chuck a edit in :$

embarrassing.. sigh
29 Apr 2014, 08:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i almost missed then i read the poll question. sorry i can't edit the topic. :(
29 Apr 2014, 08:32 AM

my fault, don't worry about it
29 Apr 2014, 09:46 AM

Nope, it's fine. People were abusing it. Send everything to oblivion that is being abused.
29 Apr 2014, 09:50 AM

RAM overnerfed? lolololo
29 Apr 2014, 10:29 AM

No. I never liked Ram mechanics anyway. Since T-34/76 is a reasonable tank now having old Ram would be a bit too much.
29 Apr 2014, 11:34 AM

Dropping dem stats like a bird drops.. well.. u kno

Ram still has 160 penetration.
Ramming the rear of tanks is still better than ramming the front, penetration/armor system was not changed.
Upon a ram the T34 will always get 160 dmg, immobilized and lose it's main gun.
If the ram is successful the opponent will get 160 damage and engine dmg (90%), destroyed engine (5%), immobilized (3%), main gun destroyed (2%).
If the ram is deflected the opponent will get 80 damage and a crew shock.

So ram was nerfed, that much is true, yet also the T34 itself got quite a buff meaning that you rely less on rams. As Peter stated in the changelog, it's a last ditch effort and no longer the go-to weapon to take out German heavy tanks.
29 Apr 2014, 14:06 PM

Permanently Banned
since you will probably lose the t34 after ram, and in this game the key is to keep alive the units, then that ram nerf is pretty huge :S
Neo
29 Apr 2014, 14:26 PM

Huge nerf but not overnerf. Ram should always have been a last-throw-of-the-dice kind of ability but because Soviet armor was so weak, it was almost the only counter to certain units.

Now the armor balance is better, the old style ram has no place in this game.
29 Apr 2014, 14:38 PM

Imo the ram has to do more damage in a way or the other than the maingun. If the ram does less damage than the maingun then it was a overnerf.
29 Apr 2014, 14:48 PM

I think it's alright as it is now. I'm glad to have a better T34. It's still useful for finishing enemy armour which is escaping on a slither. It's also pretty useful when mark target is activated ;)
29 Apr 2014, 20:21 PM

I think it was overnerfed a bit but they had the right idea. I think ideally ram should either do heavy engine damage OR weapon damage. Light engine damage isn't a very good trade off, sometimes even a damn AT nade does better than that.

PS: I say that with the expectation that blitzkrieg will be made more useful again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★