Login

russian armor

American Wishlist

17 Apr 2014, 16:09 PM

Design of Americans in Upcoming release.

First off, I think we all hope they won’t just copy/past from VCOH. Anyway, here’s what I’d really like to see for the American advantages:
1) Artillery. First and foremost – of all the nations that fought in WW2 USA had by far the best equipped/supplied/trained/technology for artillery. That’s not to say a USA made 105 was better than a german 105. But the USA 105 was pulled by a tractor instead of horse drawn. Likely had a much larger stockpile of shells. Definitely had better communication with observers/frontline units/aerial spotter. USA also had better/faster ballistic calculating technology.

With that in mind this is how I think it should be implemented in game – Cooldowns for any type of call in or oganic artillery should be the shortest of any faction. Barrages will fire a large number of shells in a quick amount of time. (ML20 and even LEFH 18 are more area denial than actual barrage).

2) Tanks. USA had numerous M4 medium tanks. I really hope their vet 1 ability is to fire white phosphorous (would work similarly to guard’s button ability but would be more reliable). I’m hoping M-10 will be stock tank destroyer with an option for 90mm cannon upgrade. M18 would be a callin for some commander. I want Pershing to make it back in as heavy tank call-in.

3) Infantry. I hope they down weigh rangers down with bazookas again. I hope infantry is similar to in VCOH, in general I liked how American infantry worked.

4) Call-in air support/artillery. USA had much more close air support than the OKW. I think that nearly every American commander should have atleast one type of aircraft callin be it recon/strafing run/bombing run. These runs should be mediocre but have a fast cooldown and relatively lower MU cost. I hope there is a special, extremely leathal, artillery call in that fires 8 105 shells in two salvos (4 shells arrive at the same time), called Time on Target barrage. ToT was heavily stressed amongst the artillery command as they found that typically only the first few shells did any real damage so artillery was coordinated to barrage an area simultaneously.

5) Economy. USA should have really good eco boost either as stock or from specific commanders. I’d like to see a commander that has a “logistics mastery” type of passive skill, or a “supply line” truck similar to opel blitz.
17 Apr 2014, 16:12 PM

Yea, a smoke round vet ability for the M4A3(75)W would be nice, similar to a smoke grenade
17 Apr 2014, 16:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

17 Apr 2014, 16:20 PM

Give me Riflemen with BARS and I'm sold. Kreygasm
17 Apr 2014, 16:27 PM

Some proper rifleman uniforms would be good too, the riflemen in the trailer aren't wearing proper uniforms. I hope they're just placeholders or WiP.
17 Apr 2014, 16:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Something I want for all factions, but medics that actually retrieve the wounded.

Would also like to see the M1919 Browning as an upgrade.
17 Apr 2014, 16:45 PM

1. M36 Jackson- 100 range turreted TD with average mobility but probably fragile, would be nice to have a late game dedicated AT weapon on the allied side.

2. M7 Priest- Mobile 105 artillery, let's see those stukas take them out now.

3. M18 Hellcat- Very fast TD, good for flanking but low health zerg rush type of TD, should make the panther look like a snail.

4. M5 Stuart- Light tank to kill all those pesky 222s.

Basically anything that wasn't in vCOH, they left out all their best stuff and the 2 TDs roles where reversed compared to their real life counterparts.
17 Apr 2014, 16:46 PM

Design of Americans in Upcoming release.

First off, I think we all hope they won’t just copy/past from VCOH. Anyway, here’s what I’d really like to see for the American advantages:
1) Artillery. First and foremost – of all the nations that fought in WW2 USA had by far the best equipped/supplied/trained/technology for artillery. That’s not to say a USA made 105 was better than a german 105. But the USA 105 was pulled by a tractor instead of horse drawn. Likely had a much larger stockpile of shells. Definitely had better communication with observers/frontline units/aerial spotter. USA also had better/faster ballistic calculating technology.

US also had Time On Target where all the available arty (205s down to mortars) fired at set times so all the shells landed in the same place at the same time.

US artillery was also much more effective because of production. For all the vaunted engineering skill of the Germans they actually suffered greatly in practice vs design. German artillery used inferior grades of stell, down to the level of scrap. They were very constrained in high grade explosives as well. All of this yielded much poorer blast effects and shrapnel effects for their artillery shells given the same calibers.

German production also utilized a lot of slave labour. These people were not exactly motivated to produce the best quality. And despite pain of death they figured out ways to create sabotaged munitions that would still pass quality assurance inspections. One of the stories you hear from allied servicemen that you didn't from German veterans is about the "duds" that landed near them.

But my guess is this won't make it into the game. Everyone knows the Germans were ubermenschen who would have won if only.... (pick your excuse of many that actually would never have mattered). [rolling eyes]
17 Apr 2014, 16:49 PM

5. Air superiority- P47 shoots down all enemy planes in the air.

6. B17 Bombing Run- 500lb bombs are dropped in row.

7. m4a3e2 sherman "jumbo"- A bit like the KV-1, but cool nonetheless.
17 Apr 2014, 16:58 PM

Yea, a smoke round vet ability for the M4A3(75)W would be nice, similar to a smoke grenade

I'm not saying the tank should "launch a smoke grenade" as a defensive ability. I'm suggesting the M4 unlock an ability at vet1 to fire a white phosphorus shell. When the shell struck a tank it would blind the crew and release acrid smoke that could choke the men inside (sometimes forcing them out). From what I understand it actually became standard practice by veteran US tank crews to fire a white phosphorus shell at tanks in order to flank them. Would be cool if it was implemented.
17 Apr 2014, 16:58 PM

MERICA! The land of BAR, Zookas and RR. If I get all those 3 I'll be very happy :)
17 Apr 2014, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 16:46 PMAvNY

US also had Time On Target where all the available arty (205s down to mortars) fired at set times so all the shells landed in the same place at the same time.

You must not have read the bottom of my post where I suggested ToT should be an artillery call-in. :)
17 Apr 2014, 17:00 PM
Benefactor 3110

Hi,

Give me Riflemen with BARS! I hope they stick to the old americans. It worked. But if they change them, i will adjust. Ireally hope for different buildings for the mapmakers too. More Variations will be good.

Best Regards
17 Apr 2014, 17:20 PM
Patrion 14

MERICA! The land of BAR, Zookas and RR. If I get all those 3 I'll be very happy :)

What do you mean with RR ? :help:
17 Apr 2014, 17:24 PM

17 Apr 2014, 17:25 PM

M7 Priest please.
17 Apr 2014, 17:39 PM

I'm not saying the tank should "launch a smoke grenade" as a defensive ability. I'm suggesting the M4 unlock an ability at vet1 to fire a white phosphorus shell. When the shell struck a tank it would blind the crew and release acrid smoke that could choke the men inside (sometimes forcing them out). From what I understand it actually became standard practice by veteran US tank crews to fire a white phosphorus shell at tanks in order to flank them. Would be cool if it was implemented.

I didn't mean smoke launchers, I meant a smoke round. You know, a round that it actually fires from the main gun that just blocks line of sight. You can click where you want to fire the round.

And I know what you meant, I just said I'd like smoke rounds.

WP rounds are a good idea too though.
17 Apr 2014, 17:45 PM

I hope they skip the m10, the m18 hellcat or the m36 slugger will be a much better tank destroyer
17 Apr 2014, 17:48 PM

What do you mean with RR ? :help:

recoiless rifle
17 Apr 2014, 17:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I hope they skip the m10, the m18 hellcat or the m36 slugger will be a much better tank destroyer

Hopefully they redo the M18 model if it gets in. That thing was huge compared to the M10 in vCoH.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Canada 4
United States 3
Australia 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak