*raises hand slowly*
3 Apr 2014, 02:29 AM
Donator 11

*raises hand slowly*

3 Apr 2014, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 02:29 AMZ3r07

I can't help it, sorry.
3 Apr 2014, 02:44 AM

The difference being of course, than Allies in vCOH had a phenomenal early game presence, making it a race against the clock and the riflemen to vet up or tech up enough to win the game.

Dunno, now I'm sorta back to just raging. I got beat by a G43 spam again, and then turned around and did the same thing as Ostheer, half-microing my units around the map with glee and abandon. Oh a Maxim, ahaha, bro I have a mortar from T1, and I can you know, right click a move order with my other 4 grens.

To quote the song from which I take my in game name, "in another world, it'd be funny."

3 Apr 2014, 02:51 AM

yeah i think many players have the same problems. Im struggling too with soviets now. Just played 4 games with ostheer and won all in 8-20mins. With soviets its really harder to win. But as mentioned in many other threads i think soviet inf needs more firepower to compete with german inf.
3 Apr 2014, 03:00 AM
Donator 11

in my case, I hate using M3s so I don't know if there is a working strat involving M3s but besides that, the only commander that seems to work with Soviet right now is the Shock Rifle Frontline one with Shocktroops KV-8 and IS-2 but even with that one I'm having a lot of trouble to counter the Elite Troops commander with all those beefed up grens with LMGs and G43s not only is it god damn frustrating to deal with underpowered conscripts but it's even more frustrating to have to deal with these DLC commanders that I decided to boycott since day 1.

That's my Rage of the Day.

3 Apr 2014, 04:33 AM

I just played a match (and granted I'm probably not up to snuff with any of y'all) where I veritably mopped the floor with my Elite Troops, LMG spamming opponent. Doubling up Penals (ended up making 4 or 5 squads?) seems to be quite a handy method for taking out Grens and Engineers.

Scout cars are harder to use, which is kind of frustrating, but otherwise I'm a lot happier with more lethal infantry fights and more important cover than I thought I'd be.

Of course, I'd love to see Scout Cars become more durable, along with T70s and T34/76s... I'd love to feel more comfortable pulling out a Katyusha or SU76, and I'd simply *love* to have to make more interesting choices when teching (it's one of the things I liked most about DOW2 - the tough squad upgrade decisions). So, make of all that what you will. I'm tired and coherent arguments are *hard* for me right now. Pardon.
3 Apr 2014, 06:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 02:29 AMZ3r07

3 Apr 2014, 07:16 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 06:39 AMWiFiDi

Back on topic : the patch sure needs some rework and tweaking but at least it's a step in the right direction. If we can balance out the major issues, I think the future looks a tad brighter for CoH2!
4 Apr 2014, 01:38 AM
4 Apr 2014, 04:11 AM
Donator 22

I have to agree with a lot of points here. I definitely think going back to vCoH is not the way forward and the game has to stand on its own merits and make the design decisions it made really work. I think the new patch is a step in the right direction but needs the careful attention and balance support to make it flourish and rekindle this game. The quick hotfix was a great sign but i worry that western armies DLC will push balance back too far again. In terms of early game state-of-play it really does feel as though soviets need some help. What I am not sure about is if it needs to be in the form of a more micro-intensive ger early game, or a soviet-side buff that can help make the early engagements a little more winnable. I am actually enjoying my soviet victories more these days as wehn i win early game it is due to unconventional (previously) combos of units/micro and flanking. I feel the germans need some more of that in their game to balance it all out. Possibly making maxim arc larger? (marginally) or improve combat engis damage at range to aid in cons having a chance when they close distance? This patch is making Soviets adapt and try new things/combined arms so why not make that happen to Ger as well?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★